If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten?

Rattlesnake I guess, was ok but nothing to write home about. Have also eaten bear, dont know if thats considered weird tho.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    Yeah. That qualifies. How was it.

It was a little grizzly. Kidding aside it was a very gamey dark meat, but gamey in a different way than venison or elk. Tough to describe but greasy and nothing like venison which is very lean. Probably would have been better in a stew.

Ah boy! I don't know man. Dark, greasy, gamey. I don't know if I could do it.

Probably sounds worse than it actually is. My favorite game is caribou, that is by far the best meat there is, that and frog legs. They say it tastes like chicken but its way better than chicken.

I had antelope once. Tasted like sagebrush.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Nothing too adventurous (although I'm looking to change that) I've ate bear sausage and a bison burger along with "old country" fare like rabbit and squirrel. I'd say the bear was my least favorite--real greasy and just too "rich" for me.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

I like squirrel, just gotta make sure you get all the shot out of the meat. Not sure if ever Ive eaten antelope.

We actually got an Irish guy to eat balut a few years back... Hehehe. The secret to eating it is rock salt + closed eyes!

Horse meat, alligator, quail, escargo, fois gras, moose, octopus, buffalo, that's all that comes to mind right now.
    I Predict Future Happiness for Americans if They Can Prevent the Government From Wasting the Labors of the People Under the Pretense of Taking Care of Them. <br />—Thomas Jefferson<br /><br />http://nevadanuggethunters.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast