Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

World Traveler

It's Funny How Things Change

So, I was "trolling" through COW yesterday and came upon a recent thread in the Jacket area there. Some guy had asked about the quality of Import US Wings Legends vs. US Made Legends. All of a sudden, a lot of people started chiming in about how the imports were low quality, with "dropped" stitches and overall poor craftsmanship. Now, I remember how when these things were coming out, the same people were going on and on about how the imports were made to such a high standard. I have to say, even the one I saw looked pretty good, with regard to craftsmanship. Now these people are saying he should get the import now if that's all he can afford and then get the US-made one later. Someone even chimed in with that "leather is gonna go sky high" garbage. I remember that one being tossed around when the Legends first came out. It's funny how the sale prices on the new ones are still the same. Interesting. But, like many of us have said, COW is the place to go if you want a "jacket salesman" to offer you his "sound" and "experienced" advice.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Re: It's Funny How Things Change

The old adage "The more things change, the more they stay the same" has never been more true than at COW.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

The 'China' made imports are actually made in Hong Kong one of the fashion industry manufacturing capitols of the world. The quality should be high. I know nothing of the Pakistan made goods.

As for the comments there, what do you expect from people which demand of vendors free goods for positive reviews in return, or negativity if not. Does anyone not remember the trashing of USWings from certain yard dogs when USWings pulled from COW after some abuse over zippers? Things were rosey again after the return and lots of positive jacket reviews appeared especially from specific persons.

World Traveler

Yep, I remember that drama. And now, after all the praise over those original Import Legends, they are now "garbage." The one I saw had nothing at all wrong with it. But wait, now the new imports are a "little better" than the old ones, but go ahead and get one now if you can't afford the US Made, because "leather's about to go sky high." Of course, you can always buy one of the US Made jackets later. It's only 500 bucks. Just ask your mom and dad for the money, kids. Of course, don't ever try to PM one of the noobs over there with any well-intended advice. They only want to listen to the "experts" who are gonna tell them that what was a silk purse yesterday is now nothing more than a pigs ear. They're even spinning the size of those things now. Oh, don't get your regular size in one of those old Legends. No, they're made way, waaaaay too small. Your best bet is to just get one of the New US Made jackets because they'll definitely fit your size correctly. I loved seeing the pictures of the $500 US Made striated lamb Legend jacket that developed a little hole in the leather after minimal wear. What a joke. If you really watch these clowns, the "Experts" on COW, they give a certain look the full-court press and, six months or a year later, start saying a totally different look is SA. At least this tactic is good for one thing. A person can go right over to E-bay and get a good deal on last year's barely-worn SA jacket. Of course, if you ask an "expert" about one of those, I'm sure they'll tell you via PM that those jackets are ticking time-bombs, just waiting to fall apart right there on the hangers they're hanging from.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

ha ha
    the best story I heard from the experts (from what I can remember) was that US Wing was buying leather to make the CS jackets from the same source that TN bought to make the jackets for the movie, so it was the same leather (yeah from the same drum)