If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Noble-House Indy Jacket (poor jacket, another fairy tail?)

Quote Originally Posted by HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
    That does look like the motorcycle chase jacket...
    Check out the pocket of the motorcycle jacket:

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

If it -is- a copy, it's a damn good one in terms of the attention to detail with those markings, but that's possible to achieve. However, the LC jacket has always looked to me like certain areas such as the pocket have "crustier" leather. This jacket looks far smoother, but it could be the difference in light conditions. It'd be great to see more shots of it.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Find of a lifetime at Estate Sale in Marin County!!

UPDATE JANUARY 10, 2012. BELOW IS A FICTIONAL STORY I MADE UP YESTERDAY TO ILLUSTRATE A POINT. I'M ALSO CHANGING THE 3 POINT TYPE TO A LARGER ONE IN THE SENTENCE BELOW THE PHOTOS.

Mark it on your calendars boys!!! January 9, 2012, finally after 32 years.

My sister-in-law lives in Marin County. I was up there this weekend and was looking at their paper Saturday morning. I noticed an estate sale by the widow of a 93-year-old man who recently passed away. She was going into a hospice and a lifetime of belongings were being auctioned at 1:00pm. The paper stated the husband had an extensive memorabilia collection. I thought I'd check it out. Absolutely unbelievable find! And I'm breaking the news to you guys first. I'm beside myself with excitement. I've just been running in circles, jumping up and down, and basically screaming in pure joy. My wife and dog think I've gone flat out mad. There's a lot of work yet to do and many things are falling into place, but for now here's a super quick run down. Much, much more to come.

[Deep Breath]
    I found it! And bought it! $40 freakin' dollars. No one wanted the damn thing. Didn't even glance at it. Bad shape and almost unrecognizable, but it had three old polaroid photos with it, taken when it was first acquired. On the back of one was signed, "Sam, you are a great friend. Thanks for helping us out with our project. This is for you to show our appreciation. [signed] Bryan Coates." Name rang a faint bell in the back of my head. So I googled it and then casually strolled over to the daughter who was representing the family at the estate sale and with a little prompting she ended up telling me about her dad. Terrific man from what she said, but here's what stood out in my mind. He retired as the building manager for San Francisco City Hall in the late 80's! Yes guys, THAT city hall.

Wow. So much going through my mind right now. I managed to get the old photos uploaded so you guys can see what it is. I'll work on detailed photos of it once I figure out what can safely be uploaded to the internet. Ok guys, here we go. Hot damn this is SO sweet!

see how easy it is to lie

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table HWaltonJonesJr.Phd's Avatar

Always wanted to use that, LOL!

I'm not too bright, but I'm dumb.

Hey Doc, take a good look at NB’s post, at the bottom, just after the last photo. There’s really, really tiny text there.

Copy that and paste it into a text document, notepad or Word, or into a browser search box to read it.

Gotcha.

World Traveler Knight of the Round Table

I'll give you $50 If that is the recent one from Gunslinger, it looks great in those pics.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Nice wood pile

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast