PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Immigrant Pocket

DocWeeks
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Can someone post pictures or accurately describe what Tony meant when he talked about his immigrant pocket on his jackets? Was it a secret hidden pocket inside his jacket, or what did he do on that? Curious mind wants to know.

Zane
04-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a vertical zip pocket on the left side of the jacket being produced. The immigrant pocket could hold proper documents or Identification for a traveler. Tony was very passionate about this particular pocket. He was almost begging me to put this pocket my Indy jacket once I asked him about the pocket. Might be totally wrong in my description so maybe RC or Crismans could help.

Zane
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Found this for you I was wrong on zipper placement obviously horizontal.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/indyzane/dadadbab.jpg

"Tony explained to me the origin of his TNIP - he said he did it to his jacket that he came over to North America in to protect his money -- everything he had of value went in there."

RCSignals
04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes the immigrant pocket is a zippered horizontal pocket above another horizontal pocket. The idea is anything in the zippered pocket is 'safe' and when you have something you might need to have handy such as a passport, boarding pass etc, you can temporarily put it in the open top pocket, then after put it back in the zippered pocket.
The pockets are slightly wider and a little deeper than what might be 'normal.
There could also be a vertical or horizontal pocket on the right.

DocWeeks
04-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks so much you guys. I wish when I had ordered my LC from Tony I had been more careful. I was trying to ask for this pocket, but I think we may have gotten confused between the two of us on what I was asking for.

RCSignals
04-15-2011, 07:54 PM
It is a handy arrangement. Zippered pockets aren't unique in themselves, and Tony knew he didn't invent this, but the concept of the two pocket arrangement was his. He said he put it on all of his own jackets.

If you really want this on your jacket, I'd suggest contacting Riley and asking what he'd charge to do it.

What inside pockets did you get on your LC?