PDA

View Full Version : indy whip at comic con

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
i was watching the g4 live showing of the san diego comic con last month and they were showing on display indy's whip from raiders of the lost ark i believe , and it was kinda beat to heck.looked as if the handle was coming undone so i wonder if that was the whip used when indy was dragged behind the truck? would have been nice to have been at the con to see it up close but hey, what can one person do. :'(

crismans
08-11-2010, 02:49 AM
I'd love to go to Comic Con one day. My wife has a cousin who lives in San Diego so maybe we can work something out.

It certainly might have been the truck gag whip. Then again, it could just be the ravages of time if it hasn't been taken care of. Seems I remember that Tony said the Raiders jacket he had was in pretty bad shape.

Didn't these movie people know of Pecard's? ;)

Nefarious
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
that reminded me of the 'magical whip' used in the truck drag (why are we saying gag these days? did i miss a memo crismans?).......when indy is under the axle, he hooks on to it using the knot at the end of the spike......but, when the whip is left dangling at the rear of the truck, the knot and shaft is at the end of the whip......the amazing reversable whip folks.........i think this model would be a custom request from david morgan.....double handled bullwhip...that would hurt....alot........for the guy cracking it.....

crismans
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
I honestly don't know. I saw it somewhere and just picked up on it, I guess. :) I know it can refer to the stunts clowns do and thought it referred to normal stunts as well.

Truck drag it is! ;)

Nefarious
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
wasn't truck 'gag' an inside joke about something? RC or gunslinger or NB perhaps?

....if not, then lets call it truck gag just to be different :)