PDA

View Full Version : indyclone25's todds indy jacket review

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 02:35 PM
my video review of toddscostumes.com of the standard jacket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb5NmnEUcZI

Raider S
08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Great idea! How is Todd's jacket holding up? I keep wanting to try one but never pull the trigger.

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
the jacket is holding up great, i just put some lotion on it a few weeks ago , first time applying it . it was hanging on the back door and i went to wear it out and it fellt a bit stiff , so i added some kiwi leather lotion and now it back to kick@$$ ;D condition.if you are looking for a great jacket and not wanting to spend alot of money i think todds standard jacket is what you are looking for .

jasonalun
08-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I've also been very tempted, due to the great screen accuracy of Todd's stuff. Also, I hear it's pretty light? so perhaps I can wear it longer in the year? Summer where I live usually comes early and it's too dang hot to wear a leather jacket then.

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 07:36 PM
i wore mine all spring and into june here in chicago, and will start wearing again in the fall most likely in late sept. in the winter i wore it with a sweater underneath and i kept pretty warm , if you plan on staying out in 30 minus degreesfor long periods of time i would suggest another heavier jacket , but from running around and going to the mall and from store to store you would be fine . ;D

jasonalun
08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I have a big, thick A2 that I wear here in Michigan when it's winter, as any Indy jacket I've ever worn would freeze you like a popsicle during some of the winters here. But for spring summer, and fall, Todd's sounds like a great option!

indyclone25
08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
a pic of myself in my todds jacket
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/indyclone25/me%20as%20indiana%20jones/newindyhat017.jpg

jasonalun
08-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Nice! Todd's jacket always looks great and you wear it well, indyclone. ;)

indyclone25
08-14-2010, 04:41 PM
thanks, dr. jones , i wore that jacket all year last year, and thru the chicago winter also, i even took in june last year to florida when i went to the disney hollywood studios last june , my wife told me if i wore it to the park she wasn't going , so it stayed in the trunk of the car , :'(, my son wants one now but he is still a bit small even for the small size i believe. maybe in a few years .

neutronbomb
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks good on you. I like how it fits you. Like the length on you. I noticed in your review video you mentioned it was made of lambskin and was an Xlarge. Could you tell us your height and weight just to give some perspective. Also, if it's not too much trouble a great close up pic of the leather on one of the chest panels to check out.

Thanks indyclone25 and I hear about the wife >:( Though they do put up with a lot from us. I get this a lot :rolleyes:

indyclone25
08-14-2010, 06:02 PM
i am 6ft tall and 230lbs , but i am planning on losing twenty soon , just got to get into the right mindset, i will get a pic of the leather close up , soon

jasonalun
08-14-2010, 08:22 PM
You can do it, man! I am 6'3" and weighed about 220 or so at one point, and I just gradually started reducing my portions and eating healthier snacks (I used to eat M&Ms - LOVE M&Ms! - in between lunch and dinner every day) as well as I stopped drinking sugar-containing soda pops, and after three or four months I lost 15 pounds. then gradually another five. I couldn't believe it. I didn't even have to work out or go on some special diet. I try to snack on this stuff called Wasa bread, they have sesame seed and rye flavors, or fruit like grapes or raisins or banana, and it takes care of the munchies without all the calories. And if I ever drink soda pop, I only drink the sugar-free. I know they aren't as good as the sugared stuff, but you have to make some sacrifices. ;D People I know were stopping me and telling me how much thinner I looked, and that helps keep me "on the wagon." I sometimes blow it and eat too much or snack on M&Ms again a couple days in a row and gain a few pounds back, but I get right back on and they drop back off if I'm diligent for a week. Exercise helps me too, if I need to lose a couple again too.

neutronbomb
08-14-2010, 11:27 PM
i am 6ft tall and 230lbs , but i am planning on losing twenty soon , just got to get into the right mindset, i will get a pic of the leather close up , soon

Wait until you're over 40, it's a beast getting the weight off. Burgers fries and greasy pizza is my down fall.

It's good to know the todds xlarge fits a guy your size. I would have thought it would have to be a xxlarge.

Gunslinger
08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Just another guy here that thinks that's a great fit on you, Indyclone. You're lucky that you can get a standard jacket that nails the right proportions and looks like its customised to your frame.

indyclone25
08-15-2010, 01:56 AM
thanks everyone. yeah i really need to buckle down and give up on the breads and pizza (i love pizza) but i hope to lose the weight by halloween . ;D

RCSignals
08-15-2010, 02:35 AM

Wait until you're over 40, it's a beast getting the weight off. Burgers fries and greasy pizza is my down fall.

Oh, Oh.....Key Lime pie :angel:

jasonalun
08-15-2010, 02:36 AM

It's good to know the todds xlarge fits a guy your size. I would have thought it would have to be a xxlarge.

I just turned 40. I'm definitely adding light workouts to the regimen, just to be safe. But really, it's all about portion control. You don't have to go on some massive diet, as long as you consistently control your portions to a reasonable degree. But good luck Indyclone, I'm rooting for you! I'll be looking for those Halloween pics where you look like Harrison on the bridge in TOD! ;D

indyclone25
08-16-2010, 02:53 PM
well i'll be 45 on sept.9th (hint hint ) :laugh: and i just want to lose my weight and be able to run without really feeling it in my legs , you know what i mean ? but back to the jacket i was worreied also about getting the jacket in a xlarge size , because they said the standards run a bit tight. but it fit me nicely and i loved the way it looked and hung on my frame. i will post a pic of the leather close up within the day.

jasonalun
08-16-2010, 03:29 PM
well i'll be 45 on sept.9th (hint hint ) :laugh: and i just want to lose my weight and be able to run without really feeling it in my legs , you know what i mean ? but back to the jacket i was worreied also about getting the jacket in a xlarge size , because they said the standards run a bit tight. but it fit me nicely and i loved the way it looked and hung on my frame. i will post a pic of the leather close up within the day.

Yeah, I know what you mean, man! I need to lose another 5-10 lbs. still myself, as I can still feel the extra baggage weighing me down running stairs and stuff.

indyclone25
08-16-2010, 03:49 PM
well my 14 yr old son is a movie maker , he has made movies with friends and he wants to make a indy movie sometime and i want to be able to run around and not be winded , lol

crismans
08-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Todd's jacket looks great on you, Indyclone. Even though it's mentioned a lot, I still think it's one of the best kept "secrets" out there if that makes sense. People have referred to it as a costume jacket and it doesn't feel that way to me at all. The lamb is lamb, sure, but it's not going to fall apart from normal wear. It's as least as durable as jackets you might get in the mall that cost much more.

Plus they don't look like Indy's! ;)

indyclone25
08-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Todd's jacket looks great on you, Indyclone. Even though it's mentioned a lot, I still think it's one of the best kept "secrets" out there if that makes sense. People have referred to it as a costume jacket and it doesn't feel that way to me at all. The lamb is lamb, sure, but it's not going to fall apart from normal wear. It's as least as durable as jackets you might get in the mall that cost much more.

Plus they don't look like Indy's! ;)

right. i payed 200 for a jacket at the mall. granted i payed for it so i use it but i love my standard and it still looks a good as the day i took it out of the box.

Canyon
09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Indyclone, awesome jacket!!! ;D It looks great on you and you wear it well. ;)