PDA

View Full Version : New guy - Platon

PLATON
08-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi guys,
I am new here. Guess some of you know me... Nothing to say re the jacket now, just say hello.
Where's Dutch Jones? Is he here?

Nice site. Love the 'reviews' section. It's a necessity.

Gunslinger
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
The big guns have arrived, and they're wearing long jackets! ;)

Good to see you again mate!

If Dutch is here, I'm guessing he's going by another name(?)

admin
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Nice site. Love the 'reviews' section. It's a necessity.

YES! Somebody who agrees with me! :D :D

Sorry, Platon - we're having a debate here about whether the reviews section was good or too confusing. Nice to have a supporting comment for once! ;D (just kidding)

Dutch Jones is Darctic_Jones here.

Canyon
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Platon, good to see you here! ;D

crismans
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad to see you here, Platon! I always thought that you brought a ton of good discussion to the mix.

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
hey folks , just a new member here but and old member at club obi wan and the raven forums, just saying hello and as a jacket wearer i love my todds standard , i had gotten two years ago the lottery give-a way jacket from florida on ebay, and at that time i loved that jacket , i thought it looked nice but the sleeves were abit" blousy." then i got my todds jacket and i was blown away with the product. like alot of folks i don't have the money to go and buy the nicer expensive jackets , but i was glad to see the quality of the jacket , so if you get the chance check out my video reviews of my todds gear in the showcase and revies section i have vids for the hats and jacket, bag , boots and shirt. hope you will enjoy and leave comments ;D

jasonalun
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Welcome Indyclone, now that you have an avatar I recognize you from some other places! Glad to have to, man! You are a true blue Indy fan, for sure. We're glad to have your enthusiasm and energy here. :) You make the best of slim resources like a lot of us, so we can relate! And you do a great job, too. Thanks and hope to hear more from you! Did you check out out trivia contest? I'm stumped on some of those so you've got a chance to win! :D

Canyon
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Indyclone, good to see you here! ;D

Raider S
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Whoever is running the contest must not want to part with the prize as the questions are a) too difficult and b) too many! :mad:

What gives king overseer's? This is not the Fortune and (complete) Geek site! We demand questions like: Who directed Raider's? Who made Indy's shoes? Things I can answer as I'll take whatever I can get for free.

jasonalun
08-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Crab, crab, crab! ;D Just for that, you get to write the next quiz! >:D

RCSignals
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi Platon

Great to see you here.
Feel free to be yourself!

Greetings Indyclone!

indyclone25
08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Welcome Indyclone, now that you have an avatar I recognize you from some other places! Glad to have to, man! You are a true blue Indy fan, for sure. We're glad to have your enthusiasm and energy here. :) You make the best of slim resources like a lot of us, so we can relate! And you do a great job, too. Thanks and hope to hear more from you! Did you check out out trivia contest? I'm stumped on some of those so you've got a chance to win! :D

ummm? i have been looking where is the trivia contest?

crismans
08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey Indyclone! Glad to see you on here! I'm going to check out your reviews this evening when I've got a little more time. Looking forward to seeing them.

The contest is stickied at the top of the Drinking with a Monkey section.

Raider S
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I think I can do a direct link to the contest:

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/index.php?topic=121.0

Some of the answers must be in an Indy book or something...

neutronbomb
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Planton. AWESOME to see you here. I remember you were working on super SA pants.

Gunslinger
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi Indyclone! Good to see you!

Nefarious
08-11-2010, 03:01 AM
great to see all the new comers here :)....platon, show us your us wings jacket cuz they finally got the length right for you :)

just kidding my friend. i am happy you've made it over here. i enjoyed your posts at the other site long ago and i thought it was unjust that we couldn't here from you again (as many of us here as well....but we won't get into that).

Raskolnikov
08-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Welcome aboard, Platon and Indyclone!

PLATON
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome.
Glad to see the old and new faces here.

Don't really care who made the original as long as I can't buy it. The bottom line is to have a nice repro. And who makes the most accurate repro is also not a good reason to fight for since many makers will make the jacket customized for us. So, I wan't longer back, I get longer back. Why the heck should I care what other people think? (Kurt, by the way you new jacket looks the part).

About the pants my friends, I gave all the info (fabric supplier and all) to Mark of AB Deluxe in exchange of a Henry hat which I haven't received for 6 months now. (To be fair with him he said he will send it when he will be ready to go ahead with the pants). I can return to making the pants if you like (please vote), but I do got to be around September/October.

In the meantime, will enjoy discussing with all you guys here.

Regards

indyclone25
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
(in zombie voice) pants , pants ...... pants . always looking for a good pair of indy pants , i have close enoughs but always looking for more screen accurate ;D

Nefarious
08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
now platon, you just got here and you're already rocking the boat.

:laugh:

i'm just kidding! man, its great to have your input here like the old days. say whatever you want, argue about whatever you want....we're not going to 'bring the curtain down on you' :laugh: (unless you say my jackets are too short ;) ).......

there's plenty of jacket discussions for you to partake in for both old and new events my friend....and the same goes for the rest of you fine folks. say what's on your mind......the mods here share the same passion as the rest of us and the fires still burn as bright as that of a newb with an itchy paypal account :)

btw platon......you'll need to send me some free pants to get special treatment...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (sorry mods, couldn't resist).......

neutronbomb
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I do know Marc is pretty busy. It's been a few weeks since I sent him a few emails and he hasn't had the chance to respond yet. Yours is a bit different situation and I don't know the general time frame of the Henry, but when I ordered my custom AB Deluxe it took about a year or so. So 6 months is nothing man ;D

About the pants my friends, I gave all the info (fabric supplier and all) to Mark of AB Deluxe in exchange of a Henry hat which I haven't received for 6 months now. (To be fair with him he said he will send it when he will be ready to go ahead with the pants). I can return to making the pants if you like (please vote), but I do got to be around September/October.

bigrex
08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Glad to see another jacket aficionado here such as yourself PLATON (or some would say critic). I believe thoughtful discussion is the purpose and lifeblood of a forum, otherwise it degenerates to pure drivel, superfluous jokes, insults and other more pointless activities. Looking forward to your posts. (thumbs up smiley)