PDA

View Full Version : Magnolis Indy suits?

djd
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Anyone here own any of Magnolis suits? Care to share any pictures? I'm toying with saving up for one and Im not sure which one I fancy

RCSignals
03-01-2011, 12:54 AM
I only know what I've read. People seem to be happy with them and the fit. You though could always find a great tailor in Britain and get a personal fit which is always better.

djd
03-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Although Magnoli is not cheap he's still a lot better value than trying to buy something here. I've had some good experiences with on line tailors previously - had quite a few suits from ravistailor.com, but now their prices are not far off Magnolis... I'm really after a good vintage style suit to wear for my lunch on the Orient Express next month... Im tending more towards a 30s style suit rather than something actually Indy- for something set in such a stylish period most of indy's suits are actually pretty dull!

RCSignals
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't remember reading a bad review of Magnoli's suits, and he does seem to have more than 'Indy' style suits.
Have you ordered something yet?

djd
03-07-2011, 06:17 PM
In the next day or so I think. Either the Washington style suit but in another colour or maybe the Cagney - which is a three piece with peak lapels

djd
04-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Rather disappointing news on the suit front. Having explained to Magnoli my tight timescale and having been assured that it shouldn't be a problem, my suit has still not been shipped with under a week to go until I need it. I've got other suits but my sole reason for ordering this one was for my orient express trip. I'm a bit gutted to be honest as if he'd said he didn't think he could do it in time I wouldn't have ordered. Ho hum

djd
04-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Huge relief here as the suit arrived today out if the blue (seems Magnoli didn't know it had been shipped). Looks really nicely made at first look (it's gone to the dry cleaners to be pressed). I'll post some pics of it from my Orient Express trip next week (now I have to decide between the AB brown fed or the grey Fed IV!)

RCSignals
04-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm happy for you. I was thinking this might turn out this way, glad it did.