PDA

View Full Version : Tanaka Webley WG Project

Todd
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I've received word from Tanaka Works is that they are interested in doing a Webley WG. Fully functional, plated metal finish, heavy build quality, cap fire or airsoft. Tanaka is high-end stuff, and their models are beautiful. The problem is that the cost will be higher. The S&W was not a huge investment for them because they already had an N frame model with all the guts. This model would be completely from scratch. They want to know what kind of sales they can expect to offset the extra cost.

So, what do you think? You can also weigh in with comments about PFC or airsoft. I think in Japan they prefer cap guns. Here in the USA, no one sells cap guns.

I may need to take pre-orders on these. I would expect my investment to be $20,000+. Obviously, I can't put out that kind of money, especially on pure speculation. Is there interest?

-Todd

RCSignals
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
if it is the high quality i'd expect from them, I would be interested.
I wouldn't be using it so wouldn't necessarily be interested in airsoft.

RCSignals
02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Any word on ball park pricing? $100, $200, $???

These should also be of interest to World War 1 and 2 reenactors, etc etc.

Todd
02-15-2011, 11:08 PM
No, no ballpark, but it would be more than the S&W. Tanaka's products run about $175-$350, so I guess that's a ballpark.

Tanaka has sort of found a niche along with Marushin - odd historical firearm replicas. It is a very small piece of the pie compared with the millions of teenagers buying submachine guns. I was browsing a little today and was surprised to see airsoft rifles going for up to $7500. (okay, it was a mini gun, but still - there are lots inbetween). 8 billion M4 submachine guns models. And only 1 S&W HE2!

RCSignals
02-17-2011, 11:22 PM
If the price ends up being in the $175-$350 range for this it should be a pretty good deal. Haven't some of the resin versions be that or more?