PDA

View Full Version : TOD hats - Stetson Evidence?

jasonalun
08-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Any hard, concrete evidence that Stetson had hats make it on-screen in Temple of Doom? I've heard all the discussion and I've heard it asserted like fact that they did, but I was wondering what that was based on. Conjecture? Hearsay? Paper documentation? Word directly from primary source like costume director or someone?

crismans
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I have heard this story a bunch, but I don't ever remember it being from a primary source or with any paper documentation.

I know that Stetson sold fedoras with the Indy logo (where he's standing with the machete) so, obviously, there was a licensing agreement.

That's all I've seen that has actually been documented.

bendingoak
08-08-2010, 09:21 PM
My understanding is that there is at least one ( if not more) in the movie so they can make the claim for their licensing agreement. To me its clear that the ones with the slightly shorter crowns were the Stetsons. The HJ's bows ( taller crowned hat in TOD) are exactly like the LC hat. They also look like they were made on the same block. The bow is the tip off for me. It's almost like a signature but again no paper trail that I know of.

crismans
08-09-2010, 12:37 AM
My understanding is that there is at least one ( if not more) in the movie so they can make the claim for their licensing agreement. To me its clear that the ones with the slightly shorter crowns were the Stetsons. The HJ's bows ( taller crowned hat in TOD) are exactly like the LC hat. They also look like they were made on the same block. The bow is the tip off for me. It's almost like a signature but again no paper trail that I know of.

I'd say you're right on the money here. I don't really doubt that Stetsons were in the movie. Recent events have just caused me to be extra cautious in believing anything without documentation! ;)

Do you think the crowns were the only difference. I know that we have discussed brim widths on at least one occasion.

bendingoak
08-09-2010, 02:04 AM
I understand where you are coming from when it comes to documentation. Where is the winking icon?

I think the stetsons had a tad smaller brim as well. I think it's harder to come up with standard specs for the TOD hat than the others.

RCSignals
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Thank you Hollywood!

And welcome to the forum

Todd
08-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Well, looky here! Someone with actual, credible information! Groovy!

You purchased that from Butterfield's Auction? Is that the one with the Indiana Jones jacket and hat on the cover I see all the time? Was the hat on the cover the Stetson that you bought? If so, here's my question: how do you know it's legit? These auction houses aren't always reliable when it comes to the details. Have you been able to match it up to a hat that was used on screen?

bendingoak
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
continuity, someone should have been fired on that film. here was no continuity when it cam to the hat in both TOD or LC.

Can we get a peak at the liner and sweatband? a good shot of the bow?

Todd
08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Hollywood, I don't blame you. Desi at ScreenUsed won't provide that sort of information, either, and for the same reason.

The last Profiles in History auction had several fakes in it, which were discovered and removed from the auction. All a guy needs is a photo showing details and a brown hat and he's off to eBay.

I've had it happen with my own products - people put them up on eBay and claim they're original. Some of my items are so close to original, that even the propmasters from the films would have a hard time telling them apart. I've really had to re-think this whole thing, and I've decided I have to include something in my products that will tell them from the real thing. Tags are easy to remove/replace/fabricate. It has to be intrinsic.

I've advised folks who contact me with offers of photos of original pieces NOT to post detailed photos on the internet. Some don't understand why not. It's simple. You buy a prop from an auction for $3,000. Next week you see the same prop for sale on eBay - which one's real? COAs can be forged all day. Now your prop is worth about $50.

Todd
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
The gent at Prop Store of London was gracious in releasing photos of his idol prop. Thank you! But no amount of begging or pleading will get you a photo of the inside. Why not? Insurance.

I've seen too many collectors flamed off of fan boards because they protect information about their pieces. It's our loss.

Bendingoak, I totally agree! The continuity staff of TOD should have been -- well, maybe there wasn't one. That would explain a lot. It is amazing, though, when you don't notice continuity gaffs during a movie. It's not an easy thing to pull off.

crismans
08-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Thank you for posting these, Hollywood! It's great to see an actual Temple hat (we've already had the pleasure of seeing Desi's Raiders hat). I can understand you trying to protect your investment.

neutronbomb
08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, thank you for sharing! Very generous of you and also for sharing the detailed information about how you confirmed it. Oh.......I wish something like that could have been done with the ROTLA jackets.

bendingoak
08-20-2010, 11:47 PM
How about a private viewing?

Marauder
08-24-2010, 04:11 AM
I understand Hollywood, and thank you for sharing what you have.

I look forward to reading your contributions to this forum!

Noah
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Thank you Hollywood for sharing that! :)

admin
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Hollywood, I'm a little late to the party here as I've been tied up with some personal affairs for a several days, but I want to thank you for sharing this with us. And I hope all our members will understand that certain things just can't be posted online or even allowed to be seen by certain people because it could destroy the value of their investment, as has been pointed out by Todd. Don't take any of it personally. You may be a person of integrity but many others are not, and Hollywood doesn't have any way of knowing who is who. As fans (and I'm one too!) the curiosity is huge to see every detail, but we have to look at it from the collector's perpective.

bendingoak
08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
To relicate the liner and sweatband. The start up cost wouldn't make it worth while. I think the door swings both ways. It's very hard for me to believe this hat without proof. Can you at least give us a shot of the bow?

Todd
08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
What's it supposed to look like?

admin
08-24-2010, 04:27 PM
To relicate the liner and sweatband. The start up cost wouldn't make it worth while. I think the door swings both ways. It's very hard for me to believe this hat without proof. Can you at least give us a shot of the bow?

John, I have to point out - how is seeing the bow going to authenticate anything? It could have a perfect HJ bow in your eyes and still be a fake, or it could have a non-standard bow and still be authentic if there are records that show it to be so, which I'm quite sure a collector like Hollywood has done due diligence on. If Hollywood wants to provide some other info about the hat, that's up to him, but let's not ask for anymore photos he's declined to provide, ok?

Todd
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I think Todd would be an excellent source for this info.

Okay, my name's been invoked...

Sorry, but I don't really know what the cost would be to replicate the sweatband and liner. I think John's thinking of manufacturing, but Hollywood's thinking about what it would cost to make only one - one forgery that would bring about $30,000 like the one at auction right now.

I don't know anyone on this board personally. I've only met a few of you. No one is making any accusations. But it's prudent not to post pictures like internal details on the internet. There are too many eyes watching. If someone knew that all they had to do (hypothetically) was to get a poet, rip a liner out of a Stetson, and stamp I J on the sweatband, and make some scribbles in pen, or a cloth tag, or masking tape, or whatever, don't you think someone would do it? For $30,000? Of course they would. I'm fairly certain I even know some who have done this.

Anyway, Bending Oak, you've got an invitation to see the bow in person! I'd take him up on it!

RCSignals
08-24-2010, 06:10 PM

I can understand your position, but sometimes we just have to accept what we are given.
I see no reason here not to, and either way doesn't hurt us as observers in any way.

The offer for a viewing is a good one and goes a long way in the owner's favour in my book.

I think Hollywood has very nice condition ToD hat. I'm sure he verified everything to his own satisfaction before investing in it.

RCSignals
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
If someone knew that all they had to do (hypothetically) was to get a poet, rip a liner out of a Stetson

Now that would be fun if the screen used hats had the Stetson cowboy watering his horse from his hat liner. ;D

crismans
08-24-2010, 07:52 PM
My 3 month old daughter has me running around quite a bit, so you can imagine having down time is something I value..... 8)

I remember those days well! Unfortunately, I still haven't seen any increase in time and my daugther is 4 1/2.

bendingoak
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't need to ask anyone to find out how much it would cost to replicate a liner and ribbon. It really wouldn't be worth it for just one hat.

I don't see the harm in show a different angle of the hat.

I don't even believe I'm going to die one day. That's how much I don't believe it until it's proven. When I die, then I know it's true. I'm sorry but I don't take people on their word alone. You already assume that I'm going to copy it. You don't trust me and that's ok but then you should understand I don't trust it's what you claim it is without proof. You can't expect me to trust you when already you think of me as a crook.

RCSignals
08-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't think anyone is singling you out to be a crook Oak.
None of us would be shown those details unless in a private viewing. I can understand Hollywood not wanting to post more photos on the Internet. He has given us four.
We haven't seen any more than we've seen of Desi's hat and people accept his as genuine.

I can understand your reticence though I think Hollywood understands it too. But really who us would know as proof to see it unless we know the hats from the movie in detail? The articles of provenance are proof but people can even question those and I'm sure have.

He has told us about the inside (in the other thread)

Starsky
08-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I can understand both parties here on the issue here. If you have a screen used prop, you probably don't want to give away too many details because there are many unscrupulous people out there. Bendingoak is not one of them, of course, but you can't be too careful posting these things on an open forum where anyone could view it.

It's also a good idea to invoke a healthy skepticism when reading anything on a message board when you don't know the poster.

So, I think you both have valid stances that are not a poor reflection on the other member in their intent. Both of you are coming from very understandable positions so let's not take anything personally. Let's keep up the good discussion on the hat and see if that leads to a common ground!

Hollywood
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I can understand both parties here on the issue here. If you have a screen used prop, you probably don't want to give away too many details because there are many unscrupulous people out there. Bendingoak is not one of them, of course, but you can't be too careful posting these things on an open forum where anyone could view it.

It's also a good idea to invoke a healthy skepticism when reading anything on a message board when you don't know the poster.

So, I think you both have valid stances that are not a poor reflection on the other member in their intent. Both of you are coming from very understandable positions so let's not take anything personally. Let's keep up the good discussion on the hat and see if that leads to a common ground!

Very well said, and certainly nothing on my end is taken personal at all. I invite a discussion because that is healthy. I think that Bendingoak feels that my lack of posting the photos is soley due to his profession, and its not. This board can be viewed by virtually anyone. That is the reason for my caution. Although he may not create a copy, somone else is always willing to hence the over abundance of forgeries in the market place today.

bendingoak
08-24-2010, 10:32 PM
To me the bow work on a hat is a signature. Im very good at telling who made a hat by the way the hats ribbon and bow was put on. Details I don't tell most of the time. I use screen grabs to get the details of replicating a hat, sometimes I'm lucky enough to get a hat from that period. When I say replicating I mean with my logo on it. I also try and improve on the work that has been done. I never thought the first three movie hats were made very well. When I make my version of any of the movie hats I make them the way they should have been made. Example being on the Raiders hat. They placed the tack down stitches above the sweatband stitches. I don't, I place them at the brim break where they should be. Now if someone ask for the stitches in the area they are on the original I will do it for that customer but not normally. I don't like the stitches floating. I like them hidden as much as possible

Tyderium
08-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks for posting pictures of your hat Hollywood and the informative production/provenance related posts that go with it.

crismans
08-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Just to clarify for the obtuse (namely me), there are markings in the hat that show the hat you bought was a Stetson. Am I on target here?

Was there any documentation (or maybe you heard this while you were involved in the purchase) of where these hats saw screen time? I've always thought that the much maligned "cockpit hat" was a Stetson (why I think it's been treated unfairly is another thread! ;) ).

Todd
09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for posting that, Steve. Although none of that was directly your fault, to be brutally honest, it looked bad - real bad. I sincerely hope that isn't enough to keep you out of Indy 5, but the way Hollywood is... (I mean the city - not the F&G member!)

Not to nitpick, but Harrison Ford's signature wouldn't be enough for me. 1) how would he know where a hat came from? B) A little practice and anyone can forge a signature. I'd want documentation from you, Pollack, and whoever is in custody of them now (I'd assume LF Archives). And I would call each and every one to make sure the documents were legit. It would be cool to have him sign it in person, but his signature really wouldn't prove much to me.

Here's a little story for y'all. Pull up your chairs and grab your coffee...

Profile in History just had an auction and there were several items I was interested in seeing, among which was "Russell Crowe's Signature Outfit" from the movie "Gladiator". (Of course, there's no way I could really afford to buy it, but I went about it as if I could). I called PIH and scheduled an appointment. I went down, met my guy, and asked to see the Russell Crowe suit. I asked to take photos for authentication. The guy said "of course!" I took photos of it as it was on the display. Then I asked to remove it from the display to photograph the interior. How could I really verify it without seeing some sort of identifying markings? The guy said "of course" and he wrestled it off of the display. He held it in every angle I requested, as long as it didn't damage the piece. I said "thank you" and went home.

I went on the IMDB and found the name of the costume designer. Janty Yates. I saw a YouTube video of here accepting her Oscar.

Todd
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I looked her up on the Costumer's Guild website, where they listed her Management Agency's contact number. I called and asked if Ms Yates could authenticate a piece from "Gladiator" that I was interested in buying. He gave me his email and said, "sure, send your pictures". The next day, he relayed a message from Ms Yates saying that it looked real, but she'd send the pictures to the armor maker. The next day, I had a reply from the armor maker. The verdict - NOT Russell Crowe's outfit. He said it was from the production, but it was not a primary suit. He didn't tell me how he knew, in order to protect that information.

So there you go. Some poor sap probably paid $35,000 for a suit really worth $5,000 because he didn't make a few phone calls.

Here's a scary thought - I was contacted a few years back to supply a Gladiator suit to some Broadway producers who were trying to pitch "Gladiator: The Musical" (no kidding!) I'll bet when they were done with it, the suit went to DreamWorks or Paramount. It's probably hanging with the real armor in storage somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see my suit show up at auction with a COA from DreamWorks.

Todd
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
The moral of the story? A) Provenance is everything when it comes to the value of historical artifacts. 2) It's not that hard to pick up the phone and ask questions. Even I can do it. III) It's hard to get first-hand verification from a dead guy.

crismans
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry to hear your story, Steve. I sincerely hope that this guy's breaking his word doesn't cost you the Indy 5 gig.

And thanks for your story too, Todd. Unfortunately, "don't trust anybody" is becoming more and more of a motto you should follow, isn't it?

jasonalun
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I think I hear the X-Files theme somewhere..."Trust No One"...

Todd
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope you haven't put your coffee down yet...

Years back I had a woman want me to replicate a sword she had purchased at auction. When Xena wrapped, they dumped all of the costume and prop inventory via two auctions - one in NZ and the other on eBay handled by "Its a Wrap", an LA liquidator of old studio wardrobe inventory. This woman had purchased a recognizable "Amazon" sword - foam blade, resin handle, steel core, you know the routine. She wanted 10. Before they were finished, I got wind that she was selling these to a group of 10 women as originals for a very tidy profit. She got them at the auction...they're not here yet...had to be shipped some special way...they need them for a commercial and then they'll send them... you get the idea. I told the women they were being cheated and they all backed out.

Oh, and the tidy profit was Ezekiel.

djd
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
It's a horribly complex area of collecting.... I've collected autographs, vintage film posters and prop bits for years now and it's getting worse and worse to feel like you're getting the genuine stuff.... The best bit I ever found was the center of Brad Pitts shield from Troy - it came out of a skip in Malta and I got it before the film came out and sold it for ten times what I'd paid afterwards! The only Indy piece I have is one of the prop arrows from Temple where Indy and Mola Ram are hanging from the bridge. Just a bit of wooden dowl with a rubber tip and flight on the other end, all painted silver. Didn't cost much and I happy enough it's real.

Fedora
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for posting that, Steve. Although none of that was directly your fault, to be brutally honest, it looked bad - real bad. I sincerely hope that isn't enough to keep you out of Indy 5, but the way Hollywood is... (I mean the city - not the F&G member!)

Not to nitpick, but Harrison Ford's signature wouldn't be enough for me. 1) how would he know where a hat came from? B) A little practice and anyone can forge a signature. I'd want documentation from you, Pollack, and whoever is in custody of them now (I'd assume LF Archives). And I would call each and every one to make sure the documents were legit. It would be cool to have him sign it in person, but his signature really wouldn't prove much to me.

Here's a little story for y'all. Pull up your chairs and grab your coffee...

Profile in History just had an auction and there were several items I was interested in seeing, among which was "Russell Crowe's Signature Outfit" from the movie "Gladiator". (Of course, there's no way I could really afford to buy it, but I went about it as if I could). I called PIH and scheduled an appointment. I went down, met my guy, and asked to see the Russell Crowe suit. I asked to take photos for authentication. The guy said "of course!" I took photos of it as it was on the display. Then I asked to remove it from the display to photograph the interior. How could I really verify it without seeing some sort of identifying markings? The guy said "of course" and he wrestled it off of the display. He held it in every angle I requested, as long as it didn't damage the piece. I said "thank you" and went home.

I went on the IMDB and found the name of the costume designer. Janty Yates. I saw a YouTube video of here accepting her Oscar.

Yes, in all honesty it does look BAD. But hopefully the relationship I have with certain folks in production will trump this deal, and if not? Well, that's life. I have not gotten a rebuke or anything like that, so hopefully it will be forgotten by the time Indy 5 rolls around. And this was probably little more than a gnat in the grand scheme, and I may be giving it more importance than they did.

Todd
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
But hopefully the relationship I have with certain folks in production will trump this deal, and if not? Well, that's life. I have not gotten a rebuke or anything like that, so hopefully it will be forgotten by the time Indy 5 rolls around. And this was probably little more than a gnat in the grand scheme, and I may be giving it more importance than they did. I am bothered more by the guy who sold the hat breaking his word to me, which led to this event anyways. I guess time will tell.

I hope so, too. As a fellow vendor who is also a I J nut, and has lived and breathed it for as long as you have, I understand how a deal like yours (Indy 4) would be the thrill of a lifetime. I hope it happens again for you. It would be a thrill for me to sell them ANYTHING - maybe sell them chicago screws or something.

Curious... after the "aftermath" of Indy 4, what would you do differently for Indy 5?

Fedora
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
But hopefully the relationship I have with certain folks in production will trump this deal, and if not? Well, that's life. I have not gotten a rebuke or anything like that, so hopefully it will be forgotten by the time Indy 5 rolls around. And this was probably little more than a gnat in the grand scheme, and I may be giving it more importance than they did. I am bothered more by the guy who sold the hat breaking his word to me, which led to this event anyways. I guess time will tell.

I hope so, too. As a fellow vendor who is also a I J nut, and has lived and breathed it for as long as you have, I understand how a deal like yours (Indy 4) would be the thrill of a lifetime. I hope it happens again for you. It would be a thrill for me to sell them ANYTHING - maybe sell them chicago screws or something.

Curious... after the "aftermath" of Indy 4, what would you do differently for Indy 5?

Well in regards to keeping a hat, I sure as heck would not do that again. :D

In so far as the film hats themselves, I will do as before and give them what they specify. Although I will mention that if the film is to be a drier one, they might find the rabbit hats much cooler to wear in the heat. Hopefully this next one will be alot easier on me and them, with a call that they need X number in hats in the sizes they give me, and I will just make the next ones just like the Indy 4 ones. I spent alot of time making samples and sending them in as they were trying to figure out what they wanted. I think they now know, and I would assume continuity with Indy 4, but who knows? I just hope Bernie is still in good health is is able to do Indy 5. If not, who knows who will make the next ones? The designer has already lost his original jacket maker, and will have to work that out, with I am assuming, Tony's stepson. The only good thing about me is I am still around, and will be when and if they do another one.

The Last Crusader
09-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Very interesting (and sad) stories from Steve and Todd.

Steve, I am very sorry to hear of these incidents and their possible ramifications. My hopes and prayers are with you that you are once again included in the next production.

Todd, I've seen your awesome Gladiator armor and am still (after several years) considering getting an entire hero suit from you. The only thing holding me back is not having a really good arena helmet. I bought the Factory X version a few years ago, which you agreed was too big. There's a guy at RPF who made his own, and it rocks!! Wish he would offer them up as a run.

But as I was saying, your Gladiator gear is top notch, and when reading your story, I was halfway expecting to read that when you looked inside the auction suit you saw the Todd's Costumes label!!! :D

On a final note, Todd, (WAAAAY) off topic, I never noticed that Russell's chest armor devices were updated with each battle. First the poplar tree and horse, then his wife and son and finally the angel. I know this is old news to you, but I absolutely LOVE this movie and these little details just made it even better! Ridley Scott is a genius. I was happy to look again at the armor on your site and see these same changes to his chest insignias on your fine pieces.

Outstanding work!!!!

Michael

Todd
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
One unintended effect of viewing the armor was that it completely took away any yearning I had to buy it. I looked at it and thought to myself "it looks just like mine!". I may make myself a real replica based on what I saw, just for my archives/personal collection. But the workmanship was amazing! Rustic perfection. I think Janty Yates is the real genius. If you watch the new, improved Blu-Ray version, you see just how immaculate and lush each outfit is. Commodus' white/purple armor he wears in the "arrival in Rome" scenes is an absolutely gorgeous work of art. And the outfit Oliver Reed wears when we first see him in Zucchabar is also a masterpiece.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Fedora
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Very interesting (and sad) stories from Steve and Todd.

Steve, I am very sorry to hear of these incidents and their possible ramifications. My hopes and prayers are with you that you are once again included in the next production.

Todd, I've seen your awesome Gladiator armor and am still (after several years) considering getting an entire hero suit from you. The only thing holding me back is not having a really good arena helmet. I bought the Factory X version a few years ago, which you agreed was too big. There's a guy at RPF who made his own, and it rocks!! Wish he would offer them up as a run.

But as I was saying, your Gladiator gear is top notch, and when reading your story, I was halfway expecting to read that when you looked inside the auction suit you saw the Todd's Costumes label!!! :D

On a final note, Todd, (WAAAAY) off topic, I never noticed that Russell's chest armor devices were updated with each battle. First the poplar tree and horse, then his wife and son and finally the angel. I know this is old news to you, but I absolutely LOVE this movie and these little details just made it even better! Ridley Scott is a genius. I was happy to look again at the armor on your site and see these same changes to his chest insignias on your fine pieces.

Outstanding work!!!!

Michael

Thanks. At this point, I am just sick of the entire ordeal, and wish I could do it over. And at this point, after thinking about it last night, I really could care less if I get the Indy 5 gig or not. I am tired, and I am ready to retire just as soon as I get all backorders made.

I deleted my prior posts in regards to this as it came to light that perhaps there was a huge misunderstanding involved between me and the gentleman in question. If so, I will take responsibility for that and for the sake of honesty and not being in error, will withdraw my own comments in regards to this man. Our memories are not jiving, and I would be less than honest if I were to say that my own memories were 100 per cent correct. They may not be, and at this point I just want to drop the issue, forget about it and move on. I really do not care today if I am chosen again or not. It's their call anyways, and I am not gonna lose any sleep over it. I will always be in debt to Bernie, for chosing AB, as he made me and Marc a part of the Indy film history that cannot be changed. And that is enough for me, a dream come true. If I am asked to recommend someone for the next hats I already know who that person is. And only he and I will know, as there is no need to make it public, as it would be confidental anyways and not my place to say it. That would be left up to him.

I am very sorry I even brought this subject up. It was not necessary, and I realize that now. So hopefully we can move on, because I have said my last word on it. I apologize to the Admin and mods here by the way. I was out of line. But, I used to have a history of that, but have mellowed in my old age. Fedora

Todd
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Contentment is greatly underrated.

Similar experience: I grew up idolizing the Muppets. I knew all the players names. When I pondered the question "Who is the person you'd most like to meet?" the answer was easy - Jim Henson. I made trips to Manhattan to inquire about jobs at Henson and Associates (their name at the time). I got a tour of the famous Muppet workshop. But I just didn't quite understand how it all worked.

Years later I stumbled upon an audition for puppeteers for a Muppet production in Orlando, FL. I was hired for six days of shooting. On about day four, I got the word that Jim wanted to talk to me personally. ???? Was I getting fired??? He wanted to compliment me. We had a nice chat for about 10 minutes. Two months later he was dead.

I never realized my dream of being a puppeteer on a big TV show. Now I know I wouldn't have wanted it even if I had gotten it. But to be complimented by Jim Henson in person is something I will always treasure. I'm content.

admin
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
That's a great story, Todd, thanks for sharing that. That must be a great feeling and to know that no one can take that away from you.

Steve, thanks for the apology but none is necessarily needed. Thank you for doing what you felt necessary and removing your post. I hope you can get over that incident and rediscover the joy of just being a fan of the movies and gear. ;D