http://a.imageshack.us/img837/1240/todnowakback.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img337/3226/todnowakright.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img842/9008/todnowakpunch.jpg

Noah
08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Awesome jacket! Congrats!

RCSignals
08-08-2010, 05:45 AM
The Temple of Doom jacket is a different one for sure, and many don't seem to like it.
I have one of these like Dan's and it quickly becomes a favourite. Just a great jacket.
As we've seen in the recent Cowhide ToD from Wested and this 'Happy Cow' from TN, the ToD jacket really suits cowhide well.

Gunslinger
08-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Freaking awesome ToD jacket, Dan. (And welcome aboard!)

A ToD from Riley in happy cow is on my want-list for sure. Anyone know if/when he's doing this hide again?

RCSignals
08-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Not sure Gunslinger. He may have enough still for one before he has to order more.

Gunslinger
08-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Well I can't justify buying another one so soon after my Raiders. I'll have to hope he keeps stylling that hide style as it rocks. Just looks SO "crusty/awesome" - you know what I mean?

Raskolnikov
08-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Great Jacket and fit, The Man.
And hello to everybody.
Nice to see some good friends around here.
Regards,
Rask

Gunslinger
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Rask! How's it going mate! Good to see you aboard!

crismans
08-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Beautiful jacket, Dan! I was all set to pull the trigger on this exact jacket but everything mechanical that could go out around this place, took a dive earlier in the summer. Even though I'm happy with my Wested ToD I got a little while ago, I'm still eyeing these. They really just nail the look imo. When you get the time, post up some of your thoughts on how the leather reacts/looks as compared to the movie jacket.

And, as an aside, welcome Rask! Very glad to see you here!

Raskolnikov
08-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Rask! How's it going mate! Good to see you aboard!

And, as an aside, welcome Rask! Very glad to see you here!

Thanks guys. Same feelings :).

hatch
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Very good looking jacket the man, and you always do such a great job of displaying them with your photos.....Riley needs to consider using you as display model on his site like wings uses 'the guy from Norway'........ :angel:

theman
08-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I'd be happy to model free jackets from Riley any time for his website! ;D

faststreetsofhongkong
08-30-2010, 08:52 PM
The Good News: most spot on Temple Jacket I have ever seen ...

The Bad News: eventually you will have to consider selling it to me please, please, please ...

Simply amazing!!!

Chewbacca Jones
08-31-2010, 04:58 AM
I LOVE it! The only reason I don't want to own a ToD is because the pockets are useless in size, and I'm a practical guy when it comes to stuff like that on a jacket. Not much point in a perfect ToD clone with big pockets! :D

I must ask, though... isn't anyone going to say the jacket is too long? Not that I think it is, but the lack of that comment in the face of these photos seems... odd. :angel:

djd
08-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Wonderful! I love the beaten up look of the temple jacket. I must be odd but it's my favourite after the Raiders version. I'm envious >:D

theman
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm with you on the pockets Chewy, can't stand their limited usefulness, and that is what kept me from getting a ToD again for quite a while before this one popped up that I just couldn't pass up.
As to the length... I'm all for examples on how this one falls short(or long as the case may be). Although I do almost feel like the jacket could go in almost 1/2 inch in a few dimensions to be absolutely accurate to one of the movie jackets, on a whole I think it fits too darn well and pretty close to the movie look I was going for.

neutronbomb
09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
It's a great jacket. It looks fantastic. And really, for it not being custom made to you specifically, It's a pretty great fit. I'd say you've scored pretty big time with the two jackets you've picked up. Being in the business yourself I'd say you have a pretty good idea of what's going to give you a good fit or not.

On the length issue. I can't see that it matters one way or the other as it wasn't made for you, except for curiosity on how close it fits you compared to how the film jacket fit HF. How much difference between the Raiders shrunken lamb jacket and this one is there in the specs.

RCSignals
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes the pockets are small. the handwarmers next to useless. On my TN Temple of Doom jacket i can 'just' manage to squeeze my hand in, and I wear XL gloves. But it's the jacket. The pockets are A-2 sized basically.
This has become a favourite jacket to me, I wear it a lot. It is an 'odd' jacket but there is just something about it.

As for length, theman's jacket looks right to me. The back of the ToD is longer than the Raider, although the ToD fits and stays on the shoulders much better than the Raiders wonky jacket cut.

Chewbacca Jones
09-02-2010, 06:08 AM
On the length issue. I can't see that it matters one way or the other as it wasn't made for you, except for curiosity on how close it fits you compared to how the film jacket fit HF.

If only more people felt that way. Which is kind of my point. Usually, a jacket that long in front (excluding the back for the reason cited by RCSignals) draws comments about being too long for any Indy jacket, especially one that's supposed to be screen accurate. But to my eyes it looks perfect. I guess I was just wondering out loud why nobody, including myself, had to defend that feature... and to churn up opinions about exactly that. I am pleased by the reactions. >:D

RCSignals
09-02-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't know what the measurement of theman's jacket is in front, but I think it's Ford sized. If that is the case the front is about the same length as a Raiders jacket, Last Crusade and KOTCS jacket.

But I suspect Chewie there hasn't been comment on the jacket length because Platon has seen fit not to ;)

Gunslinger
09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
To me, I haven't commented because it DOES pretty much look dead on. It at least vibes it. The ToD jacket is meant to look that little bit longer anyway, as others have noted before. And man, that collar's SO perfect!

neutronbomb
09-02-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL. I'm like the worst at that. Grabbing screen grabs and showing comparisons. I should probably rein that in more, but, you know Chewie it's sorta has to do with the presentation from the owner too. If someone says, I ordered this take a look, but everyone should know that I can't stand jackets that feel short on me so I went with a length that I feel more comfortable with and that I think suits me more. Well, it's just being a bit uncouth to then drag it through the mud for being too long. A pointless, disrespectful exercise IMO. Same for someone who says, hey look, I got lucky and picked up a unique special jacket second hand that fits me pretty good. Again, I'd say sure I guess talk about the jacket and what it looks like and make comparisons to the film jacket all in fun and interest and sure if the owner asks for feedback and everything, but to do it in the vein of practically tearing down the new owner for not having it fit exactly per SA when it wasn't made for him.......it seems inappropriate to me.

However, for me it's kind of a different deal if the owner represents the jacket is 100% SA or fits them 100% SA when clearly it does not. It seems wrong to let something slide like that. It's a disservice to the Hobby. But then, maybe it's a close call. And several people say yes and several say no and good discussion gets generated. This way people can read and look and make the decision for themselves. Again though, I think the way the owner presents it and the context makes a difference.

On the length issue. I can't see that it matters one way or the other as it wasn't made for you, except for curiosity on how close it fits you compared to how the film jacket fit HF.

If only more people felt that way. Which is kind of my point. Usually, a jacket that long in front (excluding the back for the reason cited by RCSignals) draws comments about being too long for any Indy jacket, especially one that's supposed to be screen accurate. But to my eyes it looks perfect. I guess I was just wondering out loud why nobody, including myself, had to defend that feature... and to churn up opinions about exactly that. I am pleased by the reactions. >:D

crismans
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
If someone says, I ordered this take a look, but everyone should know that I can't stand jackets that feel short on me so I went with a length that I feel more comfortable with and that I think suits me more. Well, it's just being a bit uncouth to then drag it through the mud for being too long

However, for me it's kind of a different deal if the owner represents the jacket is 100% SA or fits them 100% SA when clearly it does not.

Well said. It's one of the nuances of this hobby that often gets mixed together and that's what generates the conflict. There are two extremes: as totally SA to the movie jacket as I can get on one side to an A2 is "close-enough" for me side. Plus all the variations in between. Throw in the whole "what the jacket was" to "what it appeared to be" debate and you've got a quagmire.

Some people want a jacket as close as can be to the movie jacket. When these people post and want to know opinions, then I feel it's fine to nitpick the SA details. That's what they're asking for. But, if someone has particular tastes in jackets (longer length, for example) but likes the Indy look, then you shouldn't nitpick the details (same as those who are just looking for a jacket with an Indy-vibe and aren't worried about how the collar meets the stormflap, for example). Why throw off on a jacket someone likes? It's all in what feedback the poster is seeking.