PDA

View Full Version : US WINGS STRAITED LAMBSKIN [USA MADE]

G-MANN
12-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Just for those that are Interested as to what the new US Wings Straited Lambskin jackets look like I am posting a few pictures. I don't want to go into the politics of the product. Just want to let you see the photos.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/USWUSA01.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/USWUSA04.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/USWUSA03.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/USWUSA02.jpg

Feel free to discuss the Screen Innacuracies. But personally I love this jacket.

"M"

djd
12-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Like it! Hopefully I'll get one sometime soon....

Zane
12-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice jacket! I truly love the look of this jacket. Maybe my favorite Wings has put on the market. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us! Enjoy your new jacket.

G-MANN
12-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

I will add that the jacket is a Slim or Military cut. So if you have any girth around the equator you may want to go up a size [that is if you have any interest in owning one].

"M"

RCSignals
12-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Really looks great. How does the leather compare to your older jacket? Right now this one looks rather smooth, you're going to have to wear it a lot and wear it in the rain.

The lining looks rich and thick. I think these US made versions are the way to go if you are going to get one.

G-MANN
12-25-2010, 10:52 PM
At this point the texture is subdued on this one compared to the older jacket. BUT you can see that it is there and being caught in the rain a few times will probably bring the underlaying texture out. This is also softer , spongier thn the older one but about the same wieght and thickness.

Hope that helps.

"M"

Noah
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Great looking jacket! :) I really like the texture and the lining.

Zane
12-26-2010, 10:05 PM
The pockets are perfect IMO. Does the jacket have a rich leather smell?

bendingoak
12-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Come on M, smell your jacket. Take sniff. :D

G-MANN
12-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Come on M, smell your jacket. Take sniff. :D

How about you pull my finger John. :D

Zane, Sorry I can't give you an answer, I don't have a sense of smell due to a childhood accident. And yes that's for real.

"M"

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Looks great Mulder and nice that some good fruit is coming out of this Wings debacle. Please post pics as the hide changes... Enjoy!

Zane
12-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey G-man this jacket reminds me of your older Cooper jacket. (duh!) but I have always liked your older jacket ever since I saw it on Indy lounge. Your old jacket the one with you wearing it on your deck is the one I have been on the hunt for all this time. Hopefully this Wings SL will do the trick for me. Now where's Mulder! Give him back! :'(

Zane

bendingoak
12-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Dude, Consider your finger pulled. :-\

Did you pay the original pre order price or or the new price?

G-MANN
12-27-2010, 09:56 PM
I paid the bumped up price of 495 minus the COW discount of 100 so $395 plus shipping.

Cheers,
G-MANN

Kt Templar
12-27-2010, 09:58 PM
How much was the shipping? The spiel originally included free shipping so the amount they stiffed you for should be reported.

RCSignals
12-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I had thought people who ordered before the price increase (people from COW anyway) were guaranteed the original price?
That's even without pre-payment as it was stated no money down was required.

Oh well, all that matters now is you have your jacket and you are happy with it.

G-MANN
12-27-2010, 10:08 PM
KT, I paid standard UPS overnight fee of about $75.00. Because I just have a bad feeling that not that many of these are going to be made.

RC, I know where you are coming from. This whole deal has been a real Fuckeroo right from the get go. And to be completely honest, I'm damn glad it's over. I just hope that anyone else in line for one of these manages to get there jacket and put the whole nasty ordeal behind them too.

Cheers,
John

djd
12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not whining about this but seeing as I had already paid for my jacket in September you'd have thought they would ship to people who had paid first? And IF the delay WAS caused by the union refusing to ship the jackets, why on earth would they allow the shipment of only a couple? It makes no sense to me. A shipment is a shipment. Why not ten of twenty? I'm back to thinking that the jackets have yet to be made.

Kt Templar
12-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks G-Mann, looks like a great successor to your other NZ Lamb. A shame about the hard sell.... and unexpected costs.

G-MANN
12-27-2010, 10:42 PM
DJD, I don't think whining is what you are doing at all. You deserve to get what you paid for at the price determined when paid. As I see it, you should have your jacket on your back by now. You paid your cash. Period. Obviously SOME of these jackets are shipping. I honestly don't know what the hell is going on and I wish I had some real answers for you.

G-MANN
12-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks G-Mann, looks like a great successor to your other NZ Lamb. A shame about the hard sell.... and unexpected costs.

KT, I still regret not getting in on one of those jackets Peter was making when you sent me that leather sample about 2 years back. I was just a little late and Peter was considerate enough to NOT make something he thought would not live up to his standards. Now that's a class act.

Kt Templar
12-27-2010, 10:56 PM
2,000 sq feet and he got 6 jackets out of it in the end.

The rest ended up in an upcoming film. ;).

Not Sure
12-28-2010, 04:37 AM
As do I, DJD. No answers that make any sense are to be found. I wish I had otherwise.

Speculation is all I can personally offer at this point. That is not worth its weight in air.

Why do you not have your jacket? You paid in September for yours? It makes NO sense.

I have to figure that the problem lies in the supply. What that problem is, though, I just can't imagine.

The only thing you can do, at this point, is to just keep after Wings about it. If you've already PAID for a product, you darn sure should have it if others are getting theirs.

If not, then you need your money back.

But-and this is just my very humble opinion-this Legend jacket IS one tough mother-loving looking jacket!

I don't know that it isn't worth pushing to get it.

Either way, though, you need to be satisfied.

Joe

djd
12-28-2010, 06:25 AM
I've waited this long so I guess I'm going to wait and see what happens in mid January. I still think it's a good looking jacket - apart from the size of the gaps at the back ;) . I do want another jacket - I cannot afford a TNO, Todd still isn't doing customs, I have a magnoli, I dont like the G&B and I can't be bothered with going through the randomness of Wested ! Hopefully the Wings will be a great jacket

Gunslinger
12-28-2010, 06:27 AM
On the silver lining side, you at least now know what you would be getting, and I would think you're on very solid ground to ask for a refund if you're not happy with it. Both the US and imported versions have their own SA shortcomings, but are also more accurate than the past Wings offerings. Realistically, now the price point has shifted with each of the Wings, where do they fit in the market vs. other offerings? That whole issue has kind of gotten lost in all the drama. Just comes down to what aspects of the jacket have you excited and if it still floats your boat or not. If so, I'd be hammering them for a solid explanation and promised delivery date at this point.

Gunslinger
12-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Double-post.

Todd IS making customs, and they are more SA than the Wings IMO. That's the only other option given your criteria.

djd
12-28-2010, 06:48 AM
I know Todd announced that he was going to get back into customs I'm not sure if that's actually happened yet? Anyone know for sure?

Oh - forget that last. I see Kristen has answered my question on their facebook page

RCSignals
12-28-2010, 07:24 AM
djd I think you are doing the right thing, holding out until the announced ship date in January. I think these are very nice jackets and at a great price. I can certainly understand your frustration in having paid and not being one of the ones shipped in this recent batch. I can only guess the laws governing US based customers making payment and shipment of goods don't apply to foreign (out of US) purchasers in the same way.

DeWayne
12-29-2010, 01:39 AM
It looks nice, but very, very thick. I'm really glad I didn't get involved in the mess, and I feel for those of you that are waiting for something you should have been priority for.

All in all. I'm happy with all my "Todd's" I got for cheap and are piled up in the wardrobe.

Leamas
12-29-2010, 05:25 AM
I think that is a fantastic looking Raiders jacket. That leather will look great after a good winter of hard wearing. The only thing that I think is a bit off on these jackets are the pockets. I love the scalloped flaps, but the overall pocket size seems too large. Could just be the pics. I have seen, but they do seem rather big for a Raiders jacket. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, weren't the pockets on the Last Crusade made larger to accommodate the grail diary?

RCSignals
12-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Are the handwarmer pockets of this US made jacket 'cut in' through the jacket body or just behind the patch pocket formed by the patch pocket itself?

Weston
12-29-2010, 07:03 AM
They are not cut through the body of the jacket. It's a true patch pocket design, sewn on to the surface of the jacket body. Some of you may not go for it; I have both, and prefer the patch pocket design for purely practical reasons. I spend alot of time outdoors in inclement weather, and am glad that I don't have holes cut into the jacket body to let moisture in from rain and snow and wind. If you have the cargo pockets full of stuff however, you will have difficulty putting your hands in the handwarmer slits. That said, I rarely use them anyway.

Weston

bigrex
12-29-2010, 07:28 AM
It looks nice, but very, very thick. I'm really glad I didn't get involved in the mess, and I feel for those of you that are waiting for something you should have been priority for.

All in all. I'm happy with all my "Todd's" I got for cheap and are piled up in the wardrobe.

I'm still waiting on knowing what the pocket sizes are, glad I held off. Once I find out the size I probably won't be interested though, they seem awfully large to me, but hey, that's just me. ???

G-MANN
12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
The pockets on this jacket are 7" Wide X 8.75" High. So yes they are too large for a Raiders jacket.

G-MANN
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Just noticed that as of this morning I no longer see the Legend Lambskin IMPORT Listed on the US Wings website. Don't know what that means but I doubt that it's good news. Also the write up now states Made In The USA.

RCSignals
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
They are not cut through the body of the jacket. It's a true patch pocket design, sewn on to the surface of the jacket body. Some of you may not go for it; I have both, and prefer the patch pocket design for purely practical reasons. I spend alot of time outdoors in inclement weather, and am glad that I don't have holes cut into the jacket body to let moisture in from rain and snow and wind. If you have the cargo pockets full of stuff however, you will have difficulty putting your hands in the handwarmer slits. That said, I rarely use them anyway.

Weston

I understand what you are saying, but I personally have never had the problem of cut in handwarmers 'leaking'

I really don't mind either type, was just curious, and I like you never use the 'handwarmers' for hands.

K-Wad
12-29-2010, 07:46 PM
The pockets on this jacket are 7" Wide X 8.75" High. So yes they are too large for a Raiders jacket.

The pockets on my Import are 6.84" X 8.5".
A little smaller than G-Mann's, but, still too large.

bigrex
12-29-2010, 09:01 PM

Way too large, what a waste of leather. :mad: Reliable, clueless Wings bombs out on me again. Such potential, such a let down. :-[

djd
12-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Jeez! How can you say that about the authentic Neil Cooper pattern?? Harrison wore nothing else in Raiders... ;)

OHGOODFORYOU!
12-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Why is the pocket size such a hard detail for wings to get right?

djd
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
It's odd isn't it? You'd think it was one of the most straightforward details? The TNO jackets seem to have pockets at the upper end of most peoples idea of SA size range- then Wings decide to go bigger still... No doubt someone with a vested interest over at COW will insist that the Wings pockets are spot on...

Titus
12-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Why are all of the minor details so hard for U.S.Wings to get right? After all, it was made from "original" patterns. Besides a new leather offering it looks exactly like all of the other U.S.Wings jackets you can find pictures of going back years. Nothing new or special here at all. It's great that those who have gotten them like them but they're just not too impressive to me.

RCSignals
12-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Well there seems to be a different fit and different details from previous Wings jackets. It is a pattern much closer to what is see on screen for Raiders anyway.
i think wings still intends to make a jacket from each movie, a different one yearly. I'm waiting to see the Temple of Doom one they come up with.

G-MANN
12-29-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm waiting to see the Temple of Doom one they come up with.

That's right they are supposed to produce one new jacket style per year. Oh the tales that we will be regaled with over the next 3 years. I can hardly wait. http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/party0045.gif

Kt Templar
12-29-2010, 10:56 PM
The world shortage of leather caused by the Chinese and then the Russians or is it the Taliban? will have raised prices to more than gold by then....

K-Wad
12-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I can understand them making the first two jackets (if the claims of Cooper's involvement is true), but, why make an LC or CS?
If they claim that to have made those jackets as well, I'm calling Shenanigans!!

Hey G-Mann,
Did you receive a large flyer in the box your jacket came in that looked like a newspaper article?

I did, and in big bold letters in the middle, there is/was a quote that said something to the effect of "these aren't just like the jackets from the movies, these ARE the same jackets that US Wings made for the production" (I'm don't remember the exact wording as one of my cats pee'd on the flyer. I guess she saw the b.s. and thought it was a litter box.)

I found that to be an odd claim as US Wings was not established until 1986 (according to my jacket tag).
I'll let the "made from original patterns" claim slide, however, that was too much.

RCSignals
12-30-2010, 01:13 AM
The world shortage of leather caused by the Chinese and then the Russians or is it the Taliban? will have raised prices to more than gold by then....

Invest in the golden fleece

RCSignals
12-30-2010, 01:16 AM
I can understand them making the first two jackets (if the claims of Cooper's involvement is true), but, why make an LC or CS?
If they claim that to have made those jackets as well, I'm calling Shenanigans!!

Hey G-Mann,
Did you receive a large flyer in the box your jacket came in that looked like a newspaper article?

I did, and in big bold letters in the middle, there is/was a quote that said something to the effect of "these aren't just like the jackets from the movies, these ARE the same jackets that US Wings made for the production" (I'm don't remember the exact wording as one of my cats pee'd on the flyer. I guess she saw the b.s. and thought it was a litter box.)

I found that to be an odd claim as US Wings was not established until 1986 (according to my jacket tag).
I'll let the "made from original patterns" claim slide, however, that was too much.

If someone has that maybe they can scan it?

As I recall the lineage is claimed to all jackets because of design not necessarily that they made all of them.

There really is not proof or evidence that the Temple of Doom jacket was made by Cooper other than certain individuals voicing that claim.

G-MANN
12-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Hey G-Mann,

No sir. I did not. However for some reason [of which I don't know why] there is another delivery coming from Wings tomorrow. Perhaps it will be in there. I will let you know if it is.

Raider S
12-30-2010, 02:20 AM
That flyer is not new. I remember getting one with a USW jacket over two years ago. Probably have thousands of them sitting around they throw in with jackets.

RCSignals
12-30-2010, 02:45 AM
That flyer is not new. I remember getting one with a USW jacket over two years ago. Probably have thousands of them sitting around they throw in with jackets.

I know the one you refer to. The wording presented above seems different

Tibor
12-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Nice leather G-Mann. One thing I wondered; in the picture of the back, it looks like the left side strap slider is sewn on differently than the one on the right. Is that just an optical illusion of the camera angle, or did they goof that up?

Kt Templar
12-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Maybe it's your free ball cap... or free web belt?

G-MANN
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice leather G-Mann. One thing I wondered; in the picture of the back, it looks like the left side strap slider is sewn on differently than the one on the right. Is that just an optical illusion of the camera angle, or did they goof that up?

I just checked and that is the photo that makes the strap look off. I'd be happy to take another shot of the back if you want.

Tibor
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
No need ... I thought it might be the photo. Looks great!

Barney Ross
12-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Your jacket truly looks fantastic! Congrats!
Barney

neutronbomb
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Mulder, on the jacket's right side chest panel it looks like full on shrunken lamb. Is it like this on the entire jacket? Do you or anyone know if this leather that US Wings is referring to as 'striated lamb' has been confirmed as a yes or no as to whether they are also using shrunken lamb/shrunken lamb process in conjunction with ribby/striated lamb/sheep skins. Has Myke or Sarge talked about this at all.

RCSignals
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
from my past discussions with Sarge it is shrunken lamb or shrunken grain processed, just possibly 'mild'

G-MANN
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
neutronbomb,

It has that texture on most of the jacket but it is not as well pronounced. As far as what it is or what is is called [stretched, straited or shrunken], I have no info. Sorry.

neutronbomb
01-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks Mulder. To me the fish scales look reminds me a bit of Tony's original batch of shrunken lamb. My votes that you and djd need to be in a western movie.

RCSignals, it'd be interesting to know why Sarge decided to also go that route rather than just plain tanned ribby/striated lamb.

G-MANN
01-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Don't know if these will help you determine anything about the leather but here are a few more photos.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/wingson01.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/wingson02.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/ON03.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/back-1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/rside.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/NICE.jpg

crismans
01-04-2011, 01:57 AM
All of the history aside, Mulder, that is a very nice looking jacket. I'm a big fan of that leather from the pics I've seen and the liner looks really nice as well. The pockets are too large, but I could live with them. The other thing I'd change is put some black tri-glides on but that's totally personal preference.

Overall it's a nice product that's been, unfortunately, overshadowed by what has gone on around it.

G-MANN
01-04-2011, 02:16 AM
All of the history aside, Mulder, that is a very nice looking jacket. I'm a big fan of that leather from the pics I've seen and the liner looks really nice as well. The pockets are too large, but I could live with them. The other thing I'd change is put some black tri-glides on but that's totally personal preference.

Overall it's a nice product that's been, unfortunately, overshadowed by what has gone on around it.

Thank you sir and I agree with everything you stated. Pockets a bit too big but liveable and I'm not a big fan of the buckles and will be swapping them out in the very near future.

It's a shame this jacket has such a bad history before even making it to the customers hands.

Cheers,
John

RCSignals
01-04-2011, 03:13 AM
It's really forming nicely. The leather looks to be thick.

Weston
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Great jacket and great pics! I particularly like the first one; you look very natural in that picture and the gear is a nice blend of Indy as well as your own style, and you look great in it. Enjoy the jacket! One thing I have noticed as people recieve theirs is that the grain and striations are much more pronounced right out of the box.

Weston

djd
01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Looks really nice John!

I'm told mine should ship in the next week.

What size are you and what size is the jacket? I'm 6 foot and around 200lbs. I went for the XL. I'm wondering if that will be ok?

Derek

G-MANN
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks again guys.

DJD,

I'm glad to hear you will finally have your jacket soon.

XL should be perfect for you. I am 5'-10" and I weigh in at about 190. If there would be any problem it might be a bit long in the sleeves, but I doubt it. No special treatment other than wearing it. Once in the rain but I wiped it down with a terrycloth towel right away.

Cheers,
John

G-MANN
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Here's an update:

After 17 days of use.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/JACKET17days01.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/JACKET17daysback.jpg

Cheers,
John

Weston
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Again John, that's a beauty! I like to loop the straps back through the sliders as well, but the leather was too thick on my jacket to do it. Amazing how great it looks after just a short time. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't forced it, and let it age naturally like I usually do, but I guess in the end the result is the same. It looks great!

Weston

crismans
01-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Really aging nicely, John. I really like how it's "wearing" around the seams.

RCSignals
01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
It's the same hide used for the Cockpit (old Avirex) antique A-2 jackets which are also made by Schott. The finish is designed to wear rapidly like that. Very nice hide

G-MANN
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
It is a great hide although the fact that the color distresses so quickly tells me that the surface is painted on. Exactly like the samples an old jacket maker had shown me back in 1993 when I had him make me my first Indy jacket.

Cheers,
John

G-MANN
01-15-2011, 02:38 AM
I like to loop the straps back through the sliders as well, but the leather was too thick on my jacket to do it.
Weston

I had to wet the tip of the straps and then pull them through with a pliers.

Cheers,
John

G-MANN
01-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Somebody requested a picture of this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/IMG_4516.jpg

I'm not saying that I either believe or agree with this.

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
"US Wings designed and supplied the original for the movie." :stfu: That clears up any vagueness about whether their claim was to the first repro or the movie jacket... the article specifies Raiders too.
:lies:

The jackets look pretty cool though, don't get me wrong. ;)

kramstaar
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Hmm.. Ok… an interesting claim????!!?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/wingson01.jpg

That aside, this is a sweet looking jacket mate. Congratulations!

Regards

MARK

K-Wad
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Somebody requested a picture of this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/jcg60625/IMG_4516.jpg

I'm not saying that I either believe or agree with this.

Yep, that's the flyer I was talkin' about.
I can't see how a company that was founded in 1986 "designed and made" a jacket for a film that was released 5 years earlier.:lame:

djd
01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I would expect them to get the pockets something like the right size....

Marauder
01-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Indiana Holt, why not just register?

djd
01-18-2011, 06:22 AM
I believe he did but then after a few constructive comments , he left again....

Gunslinger
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Ah, the ones about poo?

djd
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes. Helping to explain why he's considered ( by himself at least), the leading jacket expert elsewhere. At least he's watchedthe films a few times which puts him ahead of the leading researcher ;)

New Yorker Jones
02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
John, that is one kickass jacket. :goodjob: Unfortunately I won't be able to afford one since the prices were bumped up. I have a XL long import cowhide (which looks nowhere near as nice as the SL) Legend on order where I gave a $1 deposit and was supposed to send Sarge the rest of the money within 60 days. And that was 60 days ago. Ah well, sorry for going OT.

K-Wad
02-25-2011, 07:33 PM
New Yorker,

The Imported Cowhides are quite nice and quite a deal as they are currently on sale at $195 (without the need of the bovine discount).
I actually like the looks of the imports better than the US made versions. (The pockets on the imports are "closer" to being correct)
However, they are all nice jackets.

Wings should have just let the finished, ready to ship jackets speak for themselves, rather than making deal and promises they couldn't keep.

djd
02-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Wise words ....

crismans
02-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Wings should have just let the finished, ready to ship jackets speak for themselves, rather than making deal and promises they couldn't keep.

I've wrote whole paragraphs saying this, but never said it better. :agree:

G-MANN
02-26-2011, 01:22 AM
It's also possible they should have used better judgement of who they hopped into bed with. If you catch my meaning.

Cheers,
John

New Yorker Jones
03-01-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm looking at the jacket again, but is it me or are the pockets off? Left one seems higher. Maybe its just the way its sitting on John. I know USW have been having problems with the pockets, especially the longs with the higher pockets.

G-MANN
03-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I just checked and the pockets are perfectly even. So it's the way the jacket is sitting on me in that photo.

Cheers,
John

jnicktem
03-14-2011, 06:40 AM
New Yorker,

The Imported Cowhides are quite nice and quite a deal as they are currently on sale at $195 (without the need of the bovine discount).
I actually like the looks of the imports better than the US made versions. (The pockets on the imports are "closer" to being correct)

Just watch out for the pockets on the Long sized imports:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/jnicktem/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_6640.jpg

RCSignals
03-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Wow, those are close to being chest pockets

K-Wad
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
New Yorker,

Just watch out for the pockets on the Long sized imports:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/jnicktem/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_6640.jpg

Hey Nick,

Any word yet from USW if they are going to replace your jacket, or at least issue a refund?
(Or did they just suggest that you purchase the much more expensive US made version?)

crismans
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Really, all discussions of SA aside, that's just ridiculous. It's not a matter of what's SA, it becomes a matter of what makes a good looking jacket. I hope USW does the right thing by you, Nick!

jnicktem
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Really, all discussions of SA aside, that's just ridiculous. It's not a matter of what's SA, it becomes a matter of what makes a good looking jacket. I hope USW does the right thing by you, Nick!

That was exactly my point to US Wings. Sarge tried telling me that they have been making long sized Indy jackets for 25 years now and never a complaint and that we are too picky about SAness. I told him that I don't care very much about SA, but I just want a good looking jacket; and this jacket does not look good.

For what I hear, they are going to make corrections on the original orders for those who returned their jackets... including me. I hope. They have never been clear as to what exactly they will do. Someone else with the same jacket was notified that he will be receiving a package from US Wings today. Let's see if they sent him a corrected jacket.

New Yorker Jones
03-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Nick, that's incredible with Sarge's take on this. Its not a case of SA, its a case of they f-ed up with the pockets too dang high and they're belittling us for our nitpickiness. I know Sarge is nearly blind (if not totally blind), but anyone can tell that the pockets aren't supposed to look like this. I think I'm done with them. The Legend jacket has been clusterfucked from the beginning, I can't sugar coat that one :D. I wish I had money for a Nowak. :mad:

crismans
03-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Plus, keep in mind how everyone was told time and time again that the Legend jacket was made according to Neil Cooper's patterns and that Cooper made jackets for Raiders, blah, blah, blah. If you're going to pull out the "original pattern to the movie" card, you can't back up and start saying people are being too picky on SA details. Wings and their shills were the ones who brought that into the equation.

jnicktem
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Well it sounds like Wings got a shipment in with the corrected pocket placement on the imported cowhide longs today. So hopefully I will receive one of those soon!

RCSignals
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
The jackets seem to be coming in quickly now. I hope you get a good one, and not just a jacket with the pocket moved down. (Not that they would do that)
I suspect there will be a few high pocket jackets in the clearance bin.

Zane
03-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Well it sounds like Wings got a shipment in with the corrected pocket placement on the imported cowhide longs today. So hopefully I will receive one of those soon!

Hallelujah! Nick it's about time we received our jackets! I ordered and PAID IN FULL for mine in October!

crismans
03-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Glad to hear that maybe Wings is coming through for you guys that have been waiting!

jnicktem
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Just an update: I was told that replacement jackets would be sent out to me and to others either yesterday or today. I got an e-mail from US Wings yesterday saying that my jacket should be ready to ship in 6-8 weeks. After going back and forth with them I have decided to cancel my order. It just isn't worth it to me any more. Trying to get the jacket that I ordered has become way too much of a hassle.

I will never do business with US Wings ever again.

Raider S
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your saga. It's amazing what a hassle these jackets have been and it seems to have cost USW customers. Something is wack if people now need to add another eight weeks and constantly deal with the run around.

djd
03-22-2011, 08:40 PM
I seem to remember being told that Wings had earnt they're place at the COW table. I can see why now. They're a perfect match

K-Wad
03-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm starting to feel really lucky that got my Import jacket without any hassles.
The way that Wings has been treating their customers lately really sucks.

New Yorker Jones
03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll also never order from USW again. I had a XL long import cowhide Legend on order but forget it now.