PDA

View Full Version : The T3 jacket

RCSignals
12-22-2010, 04:07 AM
There has been some bad information posted (elsewhere) lately about this jacket and jalse information about Tony Nowak

Tony got the job last minute because Bates couldn't make the jacket properly and couldn't make it to fit Arnold the way he wanted it.
Arnold had no idea Tony had been hired to make it, and when Tony's jacket was in for it's first fitting with Arnold Tony hid in the back watching. Arnold made some comment about it finally fitting properly and being amased it was finally 'right'. They then told him Tony made it. So Arnold did not ask for Tony to make it because he was a friend. Tony got the job because they were exasperated with Bates and Tony showed he could make a jacket that fit. Period.
The only jacket you see Arnold wear in the film or any photo for T3 is made by Tony Nowak.

Certain people since have circulated false stories and negative stories about Tony Nowak. They need to get over themselves.

Indiana Jones
12-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Now that Tony is dead
assholes can make up any story they wish
to sound self important.

Funny the big lies waited until
Tony was gone.

Like the bullshit about
Neil Cooper and his
magic calfskin.

nowakpadawan
12-22-2010, 01:43 PM
What RC Signals says is the absolute truth, Tony told me the same story SEVERAL times, I relayed it to RC........anyting else you may hear on other boards is from a disgruntled LIAR, yeah FATTERSON I'm looking at you, and no that's NOT a typo.
I lived with Tony for 20 years, I knew the man, he was proud of the work he did, and he 100% made the T3 jacket.
END OF STORY

djd
12-22-2010, 02:08 PM
He's just repeated the lie in the wings thread today...

Raider S
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Padawan, what about the Temple of Doom jacket you were supposed to be given but refused to accept certified mail? Can't remember the story now, but it came soon after Tony died.

crismans
12-22-2010, 04:43 PM
This was actually my final straw in my dealings with the man. Taking advantage of a good man's passing in order to spread lies? Lower than low and I don't know how anyone can defend him after this behavior.

The bad thing is that he currently has an audience that hasn't learned to see through his lies.

Titus
12-22-2010, 04:53 PM
The bad thing is that he currently has an audience that hasn't learned to see through his lies.

After the revelation posted here about said girlfriend, it would appear a portion of his "audience" is most likely himself.

RCSignals
12-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes Riley related that to me, but so did Tony. There is actually more Tony said but I won't post it, that in the first post says what is important.
I remember when someone posted some false and negative information about the T-3 jacket on that same site. Tony was upset by it because it was a lie and was posted by someone Tony knew,who Tony said knew the true story. Tony ended up contacting and straightening out that person himself. I know Tony would do the same in this instance, if he could.

crismans
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't think there would be a need to if Tony wasn't gone. It wouldn't have been posted if he was still around to offer a rebuttal. None of these "revelations" came about until Tony passed.

Zane
12-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Hell ya Riley welcome to the club! I'm so glad you're here! Tony told me the same story.

Zane 8)

RCSignals
01-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Letters from April Ferry.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/RCSignals/Misc/th_LetterAprilFerry.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/RCSignals/Misc/?action=view&current=LetterAprilFerry.jpg)
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/RCSignals/Misc/th_LetterAprilFerry2.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/RCSignals/Misc/?action=view&current=LetterAprilFerry2.jpg)

Note it was her design, and Tony's work.

G-MANN
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Great Post RC !

Cheers,
John

neutronbomb
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for posting RCSignals! Surely a :meaculpa: from :crazy: will be forthcoming shortly

djd
01-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Oh I doubt it. He's gone too far off the deep end for that

Titus
01-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Why was this letter written and to whom? What was the purpose? I see a date of 2002. That's quite a while back.

RCSignals
01-15-2011, 12:18 AM
The letter was written to Tony Nowak. It isn't uncommon for costumers such as April Ferry to write such letters of appreciation/commendation when they are happy with work they received. The purpose of the letter should be obvious.

neutronbomb
01-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Yep, Tony received a similar type of letter from Bernie regarding his work for CS.

Titus
01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
The purpose of the letter should be obvious.
No, not exactly. It says, "To Members of the Costume Community", not "Dear, Tony", so it was not clear as to why the letter was written, at least to me. Why would it not be addressed to him thanking him for his work?

RCSignals
01-15-2011, 02:25 PM
The purpose of the letter should be obvious.
No, not exactly. It says, "To Members of the Costume Community", not "Dear, Tony", so it was not clear as to why the letter was written, at least to me. Why would it not be addressed to him thanking him for his work?

Because it is a letter meant to be used as a letter of reference and introduction.

She may have also sent it to other costumers herself as well as to Tony.

The letter is clear at any rate, as to who's design the jacket is, and who made it for the movie.