PDA

View Full Version : My Delk Indiana Jones KOTCS Fedora

faststreetsofhongkong
11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Thought that some members here might be interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-Indiana-Jones-Crystal-Skull-Fedora-/190472436920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c590abcb8

Junior
12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Good luck with the sale. I'm very interested in what you get for the final price as I have one of these hats too. ;)

deadseascrolls
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Best of luck FastStreets as well!

I was in the bidding up to $800 but even then that was hard on me financially, so when it went over that, I had to tell myself what a lot of people who bid on the series "Hollywood Treasure" tell themselves - can I justify this? Will I be able to feed myself and my family yet or will I have to trade off the Lexus to afford it? Hopefully everyone knows what that's like and can understand. I'm estimating the hat will bring about $1000-1500 which, for a production hat, is still not all that bad.

I've ordered two of Steve's CS fedoras, and he's assured me they will be just as accurate to the production ones as he can do. Granted, they will not have the production liner or be of the same production felt, but they'll be darn close. So until I'm able to find a more steady job (I'm licensed to teach social studies, but the job hunt has not profited anything in my area...yet), I'll have to hold off on buying actual practically-cloned gear that matches perfectly the ones used in the film.

This is fine with me actually as my costume really doesn't have ANYTHING that's as close to the ties and materials used in the film, so my fedoras I've ordered will fit in better for my explanation of the entire costume. But it would've been nice to have this hat.

Let me know if you know of someone who has an extra production liner laying around that I could buy. I could then send it Steve to put into the hat.

Thanks again everyone and especially you FastStreets for at least giving me a chance to bid on a piece of movie history.

Sincerely,

DSS

faststreetsofhongkong
12-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Junior,

We are both lucky to have hats made by Steve. Not many out there. I got one of the Grey travel hats from KOTCS from Steve as well (super rare too), but I'm going to keep one KOTCS Fedora's I have from Steve that is in my own size. Were lucky to that Steve writes specific inscriptions in hand writing inside these Fedora's.

DSS,

Just to clarify, as the auction says, it is an "exact production hat", meaning that it was made from the left over materials, same run the Steve used for the Fedora's in KOTCS. To be clear, none of these Fedora's were in the hands of the production at any time ... just made with exactly the same materials.

Here is the text from the auction:

"This auction is for a very special and rare Indiana Jones hat. Steve Delk made a very limited number of these using all exact run production materials as used on "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". That means everything used, including the liner, was exactly what was used in the movie. I believe that 10 or less were made like this. This hat is "H Ford" size, as the hand written inscription in the inside of the liner. The liner inscription (hand written by Steve Delk) says: "H Ford Indy 4 Exact Production Hat. All original, same run felt & production materials used."

The hat is an exact screen replica, down to Harrison Ford's hat size, which is 22 7/8 inches.

This particular Steve Delk (Adventurebuilt Hat Company) Indiana Jones Fedora is probably on of the rarest Indiana Jones items in the world, as so few were made with all same run materials (especially with the production liner, very rare).

The hat has been stored properly in a temp controlled environment - plexi-glass case (and smoke free home) and is in mint condition."

deadseascrolls
12-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep, I understood that perfectly FastStreets! Never was claiming it to be a hat actually USED by the Bernie for Harrison, but just that it's as close to the real thing as far as materials go as can be had without bidding on the actual one used by Harrison. The only difference between the two is that Bernie and Harrison touched one, while they didn't yours. Otherwise, they're practically identical. Hope that's clear as it seems there may have been some miscommunication in my post versus your post.

So all in all, it's STILL a piece of movie history as, like you and Junior said, they are VERY RARE and to have something identical in every way minus the provenance of Ford or Pollack touching/handling/wearing it, is about as close as any fan will probably ever get to owning "the real thing" so to speak.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on your auction FastStreets as I'm very curious to see what it goes for and if my "estimate" is correct (if it is, I'm pushing for a job at Profiles in History :D).

Let me know if there's still any misunderstanding. Otherwise, all the best to you! ;)

DSS

Junior
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
WOW! ??? CONGRATS. You got quite a price. :P June 2011 will be my 2nd anniversary. Will only have to wait another 18 years before I auction off my hat. Maybe I'll be able to fund my retirement. :D