PDA

View Full Version : Nowak Originals Temple of Doom in Happy Cow

crismans
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I am seriously amiss in not posting this jacket sooner. I've had for probably a month now and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I had been talking with Tony about this jacket before his untimely passing and took up the talks again with Riley after he took over the shop. Now, everyone knows I was a huge fan of Tony's and there was something sort of special about knowing he's worked with your jacket (even if it was just the distressing), but, you would be VERY hard put to look at this jacket and see any differences as far as the quality compared to the ones I got when Tony was still alive. It's that good and more than worthy to carry the Nowak label.

Photobucket is acting up so I've only got a few shots up. I'll try to get some of me wearing it and maybe a group shot in a day or two.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q421/crismans_photos/PA290116-1.jpg

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q421/crismans_photos/PA290117-1.jpg

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q421/crismans_photos/PA290118.jpg

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q421/crismans_photos/PA290120.jpg

Gunslinger
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Lookin' good. Can't wait to see more, esp. in some better light - is it skewing orange?

LOVE the details to the vents, etc. :P

crismans
11-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah, definitely not the best pics but I wanted to get some up. It's definitely the happy cow brown and not the orangish tint you see in these.

If my wife gets home before it's pitch black tomorrow (I hate this time) then I'll get some pics with me wearing it outside in natural light.

RCSignals
11-29-2010, 04:57 AM
It's really looking good.

Tony didn't think this jacket would be so popular, but I believe he sold a few and so has Riley.
I'm not surprised to hear it has become a favourite Crisman. There is something about the ToD jacket that just makes you love it.
The 'Happy Cow' is great stuff.

Weston
11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
The details look great! I'd love to see a picture of it in natural light. Congratulations Crismans!

Weston

djd
11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Nice. I do like a good ToD jacket. In fact raiders and temple are the only jackets I like. The pockets dont look too small on this one. Magnoli's ToD the pockets look very small and his raiders pockets are smaller than the TN or Wings raiders. To me, my magnoli raiders looks more like a temple from the front...

TheUndeadKennedy
11-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks great Crisman. Gotta love the happy cow. The ToD is my favorite Indy jacket and seeing yours only reinforces that. Ill get a thread ugoing for mine when I get back to civilization.
-James

Raskolnikov
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
That's certainly a terrific looking jacket, and seems to be very well made (as TNs, and now Nowak/Rileys, always are). The TOD style has grown on me. Right now I need to save some money, otherwise I would certainly order one from Riley. My choice would be, perhaps, vintage goat... Although the happy cow looks awesome too. Congratulations.

RCSignals
12-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I always thought the vintage goat (preferably the non-shiny) Tony had would be great for the ToD. I went with the Happy Cow because that is the hide Tony recommended, and I'm very happy with it.

crismans
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I always thought the vintage goat (preferably the non-shiny) Tony had would be great for the ToD. I went with the Happy Cow because that is the hide Tony recommended, and I'm very happy with it.

The same here. I always thought the vintage goat would make a killer ToD as well. But Tony said the Happy Cow without hesitation so I went with it.

Raskolnikov
12-03-2010, 05:31 AM
And you both did well, because they look fantastic.
Regards,
Rask

crismans
12-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks Rask! It's been raining here the last little bit but I'm going to try to get some pics in natural light as I promised over the weekend. As stated, the pics I have up really show it to be orangish in color which is not the case.

I have been tossing around the idea of Pecarding it to darken up the leather some. It distresses quite easily so I think you could nail the village scenes in terms of color very easy with a little work.

RCSignals
12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't put anything on this leather. It will change it too much. It is designed to 'react' and it does, you don't want to seal that out.

If it's raining, wear it out in the rain. It will darken. you'll love it

crismans
12-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Okay, RC, I'll heed your warning. I wonder about a light washing in cold water only. ;D

RCSignals
12-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Just wear it in the rain LOL