PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Tony Nowak "KOTCS" Jacket produced for Steve Delk

IfAdventureHasAName
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Greetings "Fortune and Glory" members,
For sale is a Tony Nowak Original "KOTCS" jacket, produced by the late Mr. Nowak for Mr. Steve Delk, who all of you know well as the prerson who produced the fedora for "KOTCS". This jacket was purchased off another fan message board website and here is the original sale posting from Mr. Delk.

"I have a size 48 TN Indy 4 jacket, given to me as a gift. Yet, I have lost alot of weight, which I cannot gain back, and I need to sell it so I can buy another smaller leather jacket. I have no idea what to charge, so, I guess I will take the best offer I am given.

I wore it a few times, but not that much and there is no visible wear on the jacket. I could of course just put it up, and look at it from time to time,but jackets are intended to be worn, not stored. So, I am gonna sell it here, or ebay. I hate for a good jacket to go to waste.

I figure its worth 500 bucks as that is well below its original price. You need to be at least 6 ft 1 inch for the length to be right though. Email me at sdelk@cableone.net if interested. I will of course take the highest offer. Since Tony is no longer with us, this might be a good chance to own what he made for the last film.

My name is on the inside, but I am sure you could have his step son change out the liner.

Sleeve is 24, from top shoulder seam to cuff
Pit to pit is 24
Bottom of jacket width is 22
length is 26

I remembered that these specs came from a wested from P********, I bought many years ago. It fitted me the best of the othe westeds I own, and gave the specs from this old wested to T.N to use."

Here are the measurements that I took of the jacket.

Pit to Pit: 24"
Front Length: 30"
Storm Flap Length: 27"
Bottom Width: 22"
Arm Hole Opening: 11"
Sleeve Length: 24"
Sleeve Opening: 6 1/2"
Half Shoulder: 8"
Shoulder across: 20 1/2"
Back Length: 31"

The jacket fits me fine with some room to spare. There is nothing physically wrong with the jacket. The leather is nice and supple. But, the jacket does smell of cigarette smoke. Though the sleeves fit me great, the only issue I have with the jacket is the body is LONG. I thought about contacting Mr. Barrie about having the jacket shortened but, I think it would cost more to do so than the cost of what I paid for the jacket. My asking price is exactly what I paid for it. $510.00 which includes shipping.

Front of jacket.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/macayetano/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_0296.jpg

Back of jacket.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/macayetano/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_0297.jpg

Inside of jacket.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/macayetano/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_0298.jpg

Inside inscription.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/macayetano/Indiana%20Jones/IMG_0299.jpg

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your interest.

deadseascrolls
11-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey AHAN,

I'm curious - are you posting this because it's for sale or are you posting it because you recently bought it and are sharing your purchase with us? Just wondering and no other "hidden" agendas to this question other than just a simple curiosity. :)

DSS

IfAdventureHasAName
11-28-2010, 11:36 PM
The jacket is for sale.

deadseascrolls
11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Hello again IAHAN (I forgot the "I" the last time - sorry!),

Thanks for the clarification. You know how us fellow members like to give encouragement and congratulations to each other on purchases that we're happy with, so that's why I asked. I would've thrown in a word of congratulations to you had you bought the jacket. But now I know! ;) Thanks for notifying us of this.

All the best to you,

DSS

IfAdventureHasAName
01-31-2013, 05:42 PM
BUMP. Still for sale. $520.00 shipped.

neutronbomb
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
oh man! Nice jacket. I would totally buy this if I didn't already own Tony's. It's become one of my favs. Just the fit, construction, and leather. Wonderful. It's a shame you have to sell it. Whoever gets it is a lucky man.

IfAdventureHasAName
03-25-2013, 04:04 AM
BUMP. Still available. Price lowered to $300 shipped.

deadseascrolls
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey IAHAN,

I would be interested in this jacket. I am wondering though if it's possible to have the jacket professionally altered to make it a size 44 with the CS specs? Also, in Steve's message he says that the jacket smells like smoke. Is there still a smoky smell to the jacket? Is it in the leather itself or just the liner?

Thanks.

IfAdventureHasAName
03-25-2013, 05:58 PM
As for having the jacket professionally altered, my only suggestion would to locate a local tailor who specializes in leather alterations and inquire with them. As for the cigarette smoke on the jacket, after checking, the smell is no longer on the jacket. FYI, I didn't do anything to remove the smell. The jacket has been just sitting in the closet all this time.

Hope this helps.

IfAdventureHasAName
03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
sale pending.

IfAdventureHasAName
03-28-2013, 01:35 AM
SOLD