PDA

View Full Version : Hat stands on ebay

djd
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I have completely run out of shelf space to put anymore hat stands to display my fedoras, helmets , etc. Found some nice and cheap wall mounted ones on eBay though that should provide a solution. Not sure if we can post auction links here but if you search eBay.co.uk for wooden hat stands wall mounted, you should see them

Marauder
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Go ahead and post the eBay Link.

John Penman also has a very noce hat stand available

djd
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
There you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190464371761&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thin of the number of hats you can display if you use all your wall space! ;D

Raider S
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Would be easy to make something like that but for the price (reasonable shipping, too) those are nice and can't be beat for convenience.

deadseascrolls
11-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Not to be rude or anything, but it looks like a knock-off of a Penman hat stand. I'm sure John could hook us up with his version of something like this. I own one of his upright hat stands and LOVE IT! The wood is beautiful and the craftsmanship that went into it is well worth the price he's asking. And since he's a member here, perhaps he'd even provide a member discount for us fellow F&G'ers.

DSS

RCSignals
11-23-2010, 04:28 AM
the Penman hat stands are a like piece of furniture. You'll be putting it in your Will.

I just didn't know they were wall mountable

djd
11-23-2010, 05:34 AM
These just seemed like a cheap and useful option. I've not seen john's to comment

deadseascrolls
11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
These just seemed like a cheap and useful option. I've not seen john's to comment

And that's why I hope I didn't come across as rude or inconsiderate. These are still a VERY NICE option for a hat stand, don't get me wrong on that. I was just pointing out how John's are in comparison to these you have so graciously posted for us to know about.

I'm just a stickler for things, so when I read on the site that the wood is pine with an oak stain, I got a little hesitant. If the wood is not properly varnished, and worse - is left without varnish, the stain can eventually start soaking out of the wood and into the sweatband and liner of hat. It can also rub off even when you pull the hat off the stand.

The key is what you like, how much you can afford, and what you'll be using it for. If these fit the bill for you, I say GO FOR IT!!! ;D

DSS

djd
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
No offence was taken DSS!

Cheap and functional works for me at the moment and I could always put some varnish on the thing if I had to :)

deadseascrolls
11-23-2010, 03:44 PM
No offence was taken DSS!

Cheap and functional works for me at the moment and I could always put some varnish on the thing if I had to :)

Thanks djd! Best wishes on your decision. DSS

bendingoak
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
My hat stands now come so you can mount them to the wall. They have a top that can be used horizontal and at a slight slant. It has a key slot so so it can be mounted. No parts needed except for the hat stand. I will have a video made as soon as I can.

Looks like a copy but not a great copy.

djd
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Not trying to take custom away from you John... These were just a cheap and cheerful option for me being in the UK.

bendingoak
11-23-2010, 09:02 PM
To each there own.

djd
11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Just looked at yours and they're in a different class to the ebay ones but cost is currently a big factor for me.

If I'm not careful we'll be eating tinned beans for Xmas diner :rolleyes:

djd
11-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Here are the stands in action. As I said, cheap and functional. The tops of the disks are covered in green baize so the wood stain shouldnt come in contact with the hats

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3933/002xyc.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4041/003ll0.jpg

bendingoak
11-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry to say on you account that he messed up on the design but happy he didn't get it right on my account.