PDA

View Full Version : Tony's OTHER Jackets - T-3, etc...

Gunslinger
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Is Riley making ALL of Tony's jackets? Is there a going list of what's available other than the 4 Indy's?

So Tony made the Hero jackets for Terminator 3, Surrogates, Tron, a few in G.I. Joe, and an upcoming movie that we are yet to know the name of. Are there any others?

I'm just curious what's in the back catalogue...

faststreetsofhongkong
10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Tony's Terminator 3 jackets are awesome!

Arnold was a good friend of his for many, many years ...

Gunslinger
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd get one if I thought I could carry off the look, but even I don't have the ego to think it would work on me! :D

Actually, Bryan, do you still have those misc. jacket pics from the shop from ages ago?

RCSignals
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
The story of Tony making the T3 jacket is similar to that of the KOTCS jacket. Tony got the job at the last minute literally, because the Costume Designer was not getting what he wanted. Tony made the jacket and it worked, he got the job. It was not something he set out to get.
Many people assume Tony got the job because of Arnold. This was not the case. I believe if you look into things you'll find Tony didn't do a lot of the movie work for Arnold. They were careful of that although nepotism and favouritism is not uncommon in that industry. It wouldn't matter if he did get the job because of this, but it has been used as a stigma, a negative against him, as if a job was taken away from someone else because of that friendship.

RCSignals
10-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Hollywood is like everywhere else. It's WHO you know not WHAT you know. ;D

Except in the cases of Tony Nowak getting the Indiana Jones jacket job for KOTCS and the T3 jacket job for T3.
Certain jobs it is definitely based on WHAT a person knows, ability, reputation, and social skill - listening to what is wanted and being able to 'make it happen'.

Kt Templar
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Contacts in most businesses are important. I doubt that being good friends with Arnie will have hurt.

Wasn't Arnie a partner in Tony's business at the beginning?

RCSignals
10-13-2010, 03:27 AM
Contacts in most businesses are important. I doubt that being good friends with Arnie will have hurt.

Wasn't Arnie a partner in Tony's business at the beginning?

I don't think they were.

Some others have made some wild and false claims of late though

faststreetsofhongkong
10-13-2010, 03:47 AM
I could be wrong ... but the way I have heard it was that they (of course) were good friends. But that Tony would get jobs based on the quality of his work, not his personal relationships with above the line talent.

Tony was the best, period.

RCSignals
11-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Well bottom line is the jacket on screen for T-3 was made by Tony Nowak, and no one else.

As I already stated, Tony got the job for T-3 at the "last minute" just as he got the CS jacket job.
He also made Arnold Schwarzenegger's leather trousers for T-3
The T-3 jacket was designed by the fashion designer. Originally to be made by Bates, but Bates could not make a jacket that fit Arnold properly, he was not happy with it. Time was running out.

I've seen the jacket made by ?tony, it is a spectacular piece of art. Not a jacket that translates real well to the real world for street wear, but an interesting jacket just the same.

There have been many claims made against Tony over this jacket in particular, mostly from the people who lost the job. There are people still today trying to spin a tale that just isn't reality. There is a Bates faithful spinning a gospel that is false.
Of course Bates has sketches and documentation about the T-3 jacket. they were after all supposed to make it. They didn't.