PDA

View Full Version : The Surrogates jacket - Bruce Willis

RCSignals
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Just want to clear some things up.

There has been a lot of innuendo thrown Tony's way over this jacket. Some 'experts' claimed teh jacket on screen was a true vintage jacket, and even went as far as to say Tony 'lied' about making it.
Others are claiming Tony 'copied' a California Sportswear jacket.

Fact is Tony did make the jacket seen on screen. The type and design of this jacket were left up to Tony, and in that respect the jacket was 'all him'.
Tony did NOT have a jacket to copy. He based the jacket on designs he liked, drew some elements form other jackets he makes, developed the leather (a version of his '747' cowhide in a different colour) Tony even distressed the jacket although the studio may have done more to it.

None of the 'experts' were ever able to show a real vintage jacket with 'natural' distressing that even came close to the screen jacket.
But why should we be surprised at how the jacket looks? Making items appear to be what they are not is all part of 'Hollywood'

The experts brought up various photos of vintage half belt jackets, but there was only ever ONE jacket shown that came close to the same pattern as Tony's Surrogates jacket. ONE. Must be a pretty rare jacket. That jacket was apparently a California Sportswear jacket, but it is puerile to suggest Tony copied it.

Bruce Willis asked for Tony to make the jacket for him for this movie. The sleeves are extra long because Bruce likes them that way. Not because Bruce Willis has freakish short dwarf arms ans someone suggested.

My jacket is made to the same pattern as that jacket, and if I wear it with the cuff undone it falls just as long as what we see on BW.

crismans
11-10-2010, 10:59 PM
For some reason, even though he never did anything to give anyone a basis to think he lied about his jackets that I have ever heard of, Tony has gotten a lot of "trash" thrown his way. I've never known anything he said to not pan out 100%, but some people have their own agendas and the truth isn't part of them.

bendingoak
11-11-2010, 01:37 AM
For some reason, even though he never did anything to give anyone a basis to think he lied about his jackets that I have ever heard of, Tony has gotten a lot of "trash" thrown his way. I've never known anything he said to not pan out 100%, but some people have their own agendas and the truth isn't part of them.

Thank you , thank you , thank you.