PDA

View Full Version : My little gallery.

jones the whip
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
This corner of my home office is not quite finished yet as I'm awaiting a tailors bust on which to display my Wested. Hope you like these pics.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/jonesthewhip/7549.jpghttp://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/jonesthewhip/7550.jpg

Cheers,
JTW.

faststreetsofhongkong
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Love it. Very cool and detailed, especially if you consider that your working with limited space.

deadseascrolls
11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
JTW,

I'm speechless! Wait! Ah good, some words are now coming to mind. ;D Wow, what an awesome display you have there. I wish I had the room to do what you've done (perhaps I need a garage sale). Please post some pictures of your tailor's form when you get it as I've thought about doing the same. Where did you acquire yours from and what was the cost? Also, what type of hat is that on display in your area there? Lastly, is that a resin or a real Webley Mark VI you have there? Just curious to know more about your awesome gear. ;)

Thanks so much for sharing this! You've really put a lot of work into it and it shows.

Take care,

DSS

RCSignals
11-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Nicely done!

jones the whip
11-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Hey DSS,

Thanks for the comps. To answer your questions, the hat is an HJ Poet bought direct from Swaine Adeney Brigg, St James St, London. The gun is actually made of wood (known as a holster filler) and was acquired from a company that produced replica war time weapons, unfortunately they are no longer trading.
I will post some pics of both of them on the appropriate pages.

JTW.

djd
11-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice mate ! :)

crismans
11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Very good display. Its laid out very well. Where are you going to put the Wested once the bust arrives?

jones the whip
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Underneath the lower corner shelf there is hieght space of about four and a half feet.
That is the ideal spot to place a tailors bust, just to show the jacket.

Cheers,
JTW.