PDA

View Full Version : faststreetsofhongkong collection

faststreetsofhongkong
11-06-2010, 05:58 AM
My Indy stuff is, sometimes, a very long term hobby. The problem is wanting everything to look screen accurate, even in 1/6th and 1/4 scale.

So, time for my insanity, I spend almost 2 years (actually, just did a revision on one of them just yesterday) altering the Sideshow Indy 1/6th scale figures to make them actually look like what you see in the movies. Pretty much everything has been replaced, the bodies torso's have been expanded, Joe Strain made me several actual working 1/6th scale whips, the hats have been re-sculpted and or custom sculpted (that's right, so that they will throw screen accurate shadows). All custom clothes and custom paint jobs (even a custom Sankara Stone -- "Return to the Village" version).

My point in putting this here, besides that they are part of my collection, is that I like when this hobby is fun and when we get to interact with people of talent, like the people that I got to interact with while putting together these custom Indy's:

The 4 Indy's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvpGGju7pQ#ws)

RCSignals
11-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Wow!

Those mini Indy's are....frightening.

Love the real whips.

Now about those jacket collar tips and the zipper gaps ;)

crismans
11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Terrific collection!! You can see the care you've put into this collection. That's a good thing about this hobby. Even though it seems something of a small niche at first glance, there are actually a lot of different areas where people can express themselves.

Canyon
11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
faststreets, allow me to say that those Indy action figures are outstanding. http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/1050.png

Absolutely gorgeous work!!! ;D

Gunslinger
11-07-2010, 01:12 AM
VERY cool. Yeah, it's very uncanny to see things like the whips and small details pop as being so accurate despite the scale. ANd the taper on the ToD hat is perfect! :D You know you're doing something right when, while I was checking out the video, my 2 1/2 year old son - totally unprompted - points at the correct one and shouts "Temple of Doooom!" :D