PDA

View Full Version : New Replica Machetes!!

Todd
10-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Hello, I am going to be helping Todd by posting product and website updates. I have already been so impressed by your field photos and the intriguing world of Indy gear. I hope you will share some of these on our Facebook page.

My name is Sara, I have done a variety of work at Todd's Costumes for the last 3 years, including making the Gladiator armor, Xena armor, helping with Indy shirt prototype, sewing lots and lots of whip holders… and the list goes on. Basically, I love the creativity and challenge of making a great costume. It is even more rewarding to see our customers wearing them. Come visit us on Facebook and post some of those adventure pictures and posts.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Todds-Costumes-Movie-Costumes-Props-Collectibles/130217667024509

No Indiana Jones collection is complete without our custom made Temple of Doom Machete. Our Indy Machetes have been shortened to actual screen length of 31 inches. This is the impressive display weapon you want to see in your collection with a gleaming stainless steel blade and real wood, brass, and nickel handle; the wood display stand is included. Sort-of-Interesting Factoid: The film machetes were different lengths and materials, depending on the use. Some were metal (for close-ups), and some were rubber (for fighting or dangerous action). At least one was extra-long, it is said, because it looked better from far away.
http://www.toddscostumes.com/product/357900/Temple-of-Doom-Machete/

http://www.toddscostumes.com/product/357900/Temple-of-Doom-Machete/

Happy Halloween!!
Sara ;)

The Last Crusader
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Hi Sara, and welcome!!!

Though I said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here; This is a vast improvement!!! What was once a sword is now a machete!!

Great price, as well!

Michael

Marauder
10-28-2010, 03:41 AM
That is one long Machete!

deadseascrolls
10-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Hi Sara, and welcome!!!

Great price, as well!

My sentiments EXACTLY!

DSS

Todd
10-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome.

I find the machetes to be quite impressive and an intriguing showpiece. They are also another splendid reason to share some Indiana Jones trivia.

What is next on your Indy wish list?

Sara

Zane
10-28-2010, 04:39 AM
The Cup of Christ. :angel:

deadseascrolls
10-28-2010, 02:33 PM
The Cup of Christ. :angel:

That or practically anything of Indy connection would be of interest to me anyways. I see Todds Costumes has the Gold Fertility Idol in a "piggybank" as well as the Cup of Christ as a magnetic paperclip stand. I'd personally like to see a really high-end Fertility Idol that's solid like the screen one instead of it being a piggybank. Pricing generally justifies detail, so $75 like the machete wouldn't be too bad for a nice high-end piece that can be displayed prominently on things like my desk at home. Also, a higher-end Cup of Christ instead of the paper-clip version would definitely be on my list.

But, as I said, almost ANYTHING would be of interest to me (Hovitos darts, full-size (or even 1/2 size) Ark of the Covenants, replica Area 51 box crates, etc...)

So skies the limit Sara! Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL work! ;)

DSS

Matt R
05-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I have just ordered the machete from Todds. Has anyone had a chance to look at build quality and whether it can be weathered to appear more world-weary?