PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: WESTED Raiders Authentic Brown Lambskin

Mitch LaRue
10-19-2010, 05:00 PM
So, the time has come for me to let my Wested Jacket go to a new home and a new lucky owner...
I simply don't wear it (as much as I used to) anymore and want to be sure that it'll find it's way onto the back of a true Jacket Fan who'll show it some new adventures of their own.

It's a WESTED "Regular Raiders Jacket in Authentic Brown Lambskin"
Here are some photos:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/Picture013.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/Picture036.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/Picture066.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/Picture040.jpg

This was also the jacket I wore throughout a little Photoshop experiment I took part in last year called the "Raiders Scene Re-Creation" Project.
Here are some examples of this jacket "in use":

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/24HovitosCloserFinished-1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/02FinishedWheresAbner-1.jpg

Now, make no mistake, I haven't been treating this jacket like a baby or anything: it's got some nice wrinkles in the sleeves and lots of lean, mean character (and for the record, the "dusting" I gave it for the Raiders Photos was just Fuller's Earth and wipes right off)...
but I haven't been trying to wreck or destroy it either:
It doesn't have a single rip or tear and it's always been well cared for and stored carefully.
If you buy this jacket (whether just for Hallowe'en OR for adventures year-round) you'll be putting on a piece of gear that's got an Instant Indy-Vibe, that'sfor sure!

This jacket was ordered as a "Regular Size 42"...but we all know that leather and stretch -and shrink- a little over time... so here's the specifics measurements for this Jacket (when laid flat):
Chest (armpit seam to armpit seam): 24"
Front wind flap length: 22"
Front length (from shoulder seam at collar to bottom): 25&3/4"
Bottom width (side seam to side seam): 21"
Back Length (from base of collar to bottom): 24&3/4"
Shoulder Across (bridging where each shoulder seam meets the top of each sleeve): 20&1/4"
Sleeve Length: 25"
Sleeve Opening (laid flat): 5&3/4"
Arm Hole (laid flat): 11&1/2"
Half-Shoulder (a single shoulder seam from collar to seam of sleeve) : 7"
Cotton Body with Satin Sleeves
D-Rings

Sale price is only $125.00 U.S. for the Jacket + Shipping to wherever you are (I am in Canada)
PayPal Only
If you have any questions, please send me a message.
Thanks for having a look.
Fox
:)

John vaughan
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Any takers on that jacket? If not we need to talk.

John Vaughan

John vaughan
12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
;D Score!

djd
12-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Good jacket - Mitch and his tache wear it well ;D

Mitch LaRue
12-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you... I think.
;)

The jacket is on it's way to John even as I write this.

Canyon
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Gorgeous, absoloutely gorgeous! And the jacket doesn't look to bad either. :D

Seriously though, I think you may have the same problem that Chewie has with his jackets. ;)It's a shame to let this one go. :(

Mitch LaRue
12-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Canyon...

What is "the same problem that Chewie has with his jackets" that you're referring to?

Canyon
12-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Canyon...

What is "the same problem that Chewie has with his jackets" that you're referring to?

Oh sorry. It would actually help if I explained what the heck I was talking about. :D What I meant was that Chewie has six jackets and wants to sell one, but he can't decide which one to let go.

djd
12-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Thank you... I think.
;)

The jacket is on it's way to John even as I write this.

Lol... No I think your moustache looks great Mitch. So much so that I'm growing my own Mitch / Burt Reynolds tribute at the moment ;)

Mitch LaRue
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
:D
NOW I'm kinda' honored, djd... Thanks.

Canyon, thank you for clarifying... I've gotcha now. It's what I figured you were talking about.
How's that song go? "The hardest part of love is letting go"?

John vaughan
12-16-2010, 11:38 PM
;D But the easiest part is when you first meet. Thanks Bro, I'm really diggin' this jacket

John

deadseascrolls
12-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Curiosity is killing me Mitch, but what brand is the fedora you're wearing? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere else but I can't recall where, so please excuse my absent-minded inquiry.

Thanks,

DSS

Mitch LaRue
12-17-2010, 08:52 AM
DDS, SO very sorry for keeping you waiting on an answer to your question... I haven't been by for a couple of days.

- The hat in the shots by the railing is my Magnoli Herbert Johnson (re-worked by Steve Delk)
- The hat in the "Hovitos" mock-up is my Akubra Fed IV
- The hat in the "Raven Bar" mock-up is my Penman Distressed Rabbit

(I realize you were likely only asking about the one in the shots by the railing, but just in case...)
Cheers,
Mitch

deadseascrolls
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Mitch,

No problem at all and absolutely no need to apologize. I was in no rush for the answer and do appreciate your willingness to provide one. So THANKS! :)

As for the hats - I now can go back and take a look again at all your pics and know what hat is in each to compare/contrast, etc.

Again, thanks a lot and have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Sincerely,

DSS

Mitch LaRue
12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Right back atcha!
Cheers,
Mitch

RaidersBash
12-25-2010, 06:34 PM
LOVE that jacket Mitch!!! Still have it? I've lost my interest in this whole Wings thing...not that I need another jacket since I'm so in love with my Todds...

but being a fan and seeing a good deal in my size....hmmm :-\

GOOD SEEING YOU HERE by the way!!!!

Mitch LaRue
12-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for that, RB!
;D
The Wested has gone to a new -and very deserving- owner: John Vaughn.

I think a Todd's might be in the not-too-far-off-in-the-future for me as well...
Not because it replaces any of the stuff I already own, mind you...but just because I've always wanted one and so many folks seem to love 'em.

John vaughan
12-29-2010, 10:23 PM

RaidersBash
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
John,
You're a lucky man.

As for me, with this Wings Jacket thing falling apart and my complete burn out over it and the powers that be at COW...

I think this may be the blessing in disguise that lets me afford one of Kurt's hats before he closes up shop!!! ;D

1428Elm
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
WOW,

Everybody seems to say that The Raiders in authentic lamb doesn't look Indy enough but that looks amazing.

Everyone says goat washed or dark horse hyde and cow hyde. It's had me really confused over which wested to get, but these pictures speak for themselves.....A wested in Authentic Lamb really is Indy enough, the fit looks great on you and the sleeves dont look far to wide as everyone keeps telling me.

Thank you for the pics, now I can buy a wested with confidence!

;D

crismans
01-16-2011, 01:47 AM
You can do really well with Wested, but they can be hit and miss at times. Just be clear in what you want and check back with them from time to time and you should be fine.

Mitch LaRue
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi there, 1428Elm,
I just wanted to say that crismans just completely took the words outta my mouth... :agree:
I've seen -like many- a number of "hit & miss" scenarios play out for Wested customers over the last couple of years... No disrespect intended towards Wested, but in all honesty I just can't say for sure what the current situation is with them, though I do hope the best possible outcome for you.
But DEFinitely follow crismans advice in telling them exactly what you want and doing the follow-up... hopefully, all will work out. When it's done right, a Wested jacket is a WONDERFUL jacket to have on your back! Good Luck!

I also just wanted to say:
I'm really happy that what started out as a simple Ad to pass my jacket along to a new owner has ended up helping out 1428Elm... to be honest, after I'd sold my jacket, I never expected to see additional comments showing up on this Thread, but a few did. I guess I just expected the Admins here to take it down, but they haven't yet
(ADMINS: My apologies if I'M the one who's supposed to remove this Thread, I'm honestly not sure how it works now that the jacket is sold AND has reached it's destination... I don't know if it's MY job responsibility to remove it or yours, but if my Ad popping back to the top of the list of other items being Sold is a problem for anyone, please feel free to AX it... As I said, I'm just glad it proved to be of some help for 1428Elm.)

Cheers,
Mitch

John vaughan
01-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Well, as the new owner of this jacket I must say It's now my favorite. I have a US Wings, and it now hangs on the wall in my Indy display. I've owned a Wested before, but do to a mistake on my part, it was to small. Ordered a size 40 when I needed a size 42. I was surprised with the thickness of the lamb. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be drug under a truck with it, but than again I wouldn't want to be drug under a truck period.

Thanks all,
John