PDA

View Full Version : Todd's Costumes to get back in custom jackets?

RCSignals
09-25-2010, 03:05 AM
I've heard rumour of this. Will this be happening? If so are the Customs made to the same pattern as th Standard?

What leathers will be available?

Todd
09-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes, we are going to get back into custom jackets. There wasn't much interest two or three years ago, but now...

Yes, the pattern will be the standard, with size alterations per the customer's request. With our custom jackets, we have complete control over screen accurate details. Not to toot my own horn, but who was it that was fastening his straps with a 3/8" box in the front and a "K" stitch on the back? Anyone remember the "K" box wars? Who was using sliders instead of double loops or D-rings on the side straps while everyone else was clamoring for rectangular loops? Remember what a stink that was? Hmmm... who was ahead of the curve on those? Who was that...? ;D

Leathers available will be our custom lamb, washed lamb, various cowhides, bison, I think some NZ lamb, deer. I'm getting new swatches next week of some other candidates - some new bisons, cows, etc. Sorry, no horsehide or goat at this point, for those of you interested in shoe leather. ;)

The problem with leather selection is that you can only chose by appearance (as photographed with my lighting and viewing on your computer screen - far from ideal!) The touch, weight, and drape of the leather is just as important, and it's appearance in person, of course. I can send swatches, but just because you like a 4"x4" square doesn't mean you'll like a whole jacket made from it. So, I will limit the selection to leathers I like the best. Afterall, it's my name on them...

The price will be $499 + extra for extreme alterations or exotic leathers.

Raskolnikov
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
That's great news.

jasonalun
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Is the NZ lamb striated, or with those "pebbles" we see on the front panel (and other places) on the flying wing jacket?

crismans
10-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Good to hear this. The standard is one of the best deals out there and this will just allow people to tailor one of the most accurate jackets out there.

Todd
10-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Is the NZ lamb striated, or with those "pebbles" we see on the front panel (and other places) on the flying wing jacket?

I haven't gotten a recent sample, but I believe it's more of a streaky crinkle. Any bubble would be around the edges.