PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, Bryan!

Gunslinger
09-13-2010, 03:33 AM
This is the only shot of your hats you're gonna get until they arrive. >:D

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/roninbd/th_WoS-Badarse-Still-Comp.jpg (http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/roninbd/?action=view&current=WoS-Badarse-Still-Comp.jpg)
http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/roninbd/WoS-Badarse-Still-Comp.jpg

I thought I'd post this overlay as I know a lot of people (such as myself) love this particular shot, big time. I took a photo of your hat, completely accidentally at this angle, and only noticed it when I was transferring them to the computer. Line it up and bang! I'm just so happy this is an angle my block can do because capturing it has always been a REAL pain. Clearly the brim is out of whack for the pose and the right hand dent could use a smidge more upper curve to the bash, but I've already put it in the box so no do-overs for me until the next Well of Souls style hat goes out.

jasonalun
09-13-2010, 03:41 AM
I've noticed my hat gets this look as well. I know I need to post pics of it soon. I will try to do some this week sometime. This last Friday I was playing with it and just wasn't happy with the Raven Bar bash I had in it, and so I just took it and put my fingers in some key spots (after looking at the "arm on the fireplace" screen shot) and just crushed it. I decided I'd been too careful with it. Sure enough - Raven Bar! Perfect! But it does soften out after a few minutes. The bash above it the easier one to keep in it.

Gunslinger
09-13-2010, 05:40 AM
You're absolutely on the right track by not babying it! I just grab those suckers and pinch the hell out of those front bashes' top lines, bringing the edge of the ridges further in towards to top centre if that makes sense; and that hard pinching helps them stay. A bit of a cold, moist towel never hurt, either.

neutronbomb
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for posting those Gunslinger. I'll be sure to get some photos up once it arrives. The WOS is my favorite for sure.

Chewbacca Jones
09-14-2010, 04:08 AM
The WOS is my favorite for sure.

I second that.

I just grab those suckers and pinch the heck out of those front bashes' top lines, bringing the edge of the ridges further in towards to top centre if that makes sense; and that hard pinching helps them stay. A bit of a cold, moist towel never hurt, either.

A great time for tweaking is just after getting caught in the rain or snow. That's my favorite hat-play time! ;D

Tyderium
09-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Looks excellent Kurt. That angle is spot on.

neutronbomb
09-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Got 'em.

Just walked in from work and saw the little tag from the post office on my door with Gunslingers name on it. Post Office is open until 6:00pm to retrieve packages. 5:55pm and I thought.....I'll give it a shot. It was after 6:00pm when I got there but the postal lady was just handing the last people their stuff before she closed the top half of her door and looked up to see me jumping up and down and sweating.

Can you believe it? She smiled at me. And then I realized that I didn't have the tag of paper that was on the door. Left it at home. Almost had a complete breakdown. Can you believe it? She smiled and said...."no problem sweetie. Let me see your driver license." She brought the box back and said.....I thought this might have been what you were all excited about. We've been wondering what came here all the way from Australia. Amazing. What good luck.

Opened the box and ..................simply stunned. In a bit of shock really. More to come. Will have to wait for another day. Thank you so much Gunslinger.

RCSignals
09-16-2010, 01:30 AM
LOL

the only thing I can't believe is she called you sweetie ;) :D

Can't wait to see the hat

Gunslinger
09-16-2010, 02:17 AM
You know, that's really funny, because...

I had gone to deliver your hats. I was JUST grabbing your contact details from my computer, and realised it was like, 3 minutes to 5pm. I figured I was screwed getting it to them that day so you could be sure to get it this week, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I jumped in my car and floored it. The post office is a few minutes away from me, over the big set of hills behind my house. There's no traffic lights but a lot of sharp corners and a couple of roundabouts.

So I'm hammering it around them and am halfway there when the news comes on the radio. That means it's hit 5pm. Anyway, I'm thinking even if they're shut the doors, I can tap on the window and they'll still be there - they may let me in. So I screech in the driveway, almost hit 2 women who were completely obliviously hovering right in the middle, and nosed right into the entrance to their loading area because there were no parks free. I thought - ok, that's a good sign. Sure enough, I went to the door and it opened. Turns out they're open until 5:50! :D

After I handed over your package to the nice lady, I went back out to my car and got in. I looked ahead and laughed - there was a loading dock with a ton of yellow lines and stripes. I gave a nod to Tony. Must be a thing with you and deliveries. Luckily the employees at Aust. Post are way more relaxed that the DHL guys. :D

Noah
09-16-2010, 02:19 AM
How fortunate for you neutronbomb! You too Kurt! That's pretty funny. :D I'm looking forward to a review and pics. :)