PDA

View Full Version : One wild idea

PLATON
09-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I think there is only one way to find out about the Main Hero jacket.

First of all, I don't think that George Lucas is hiding it like it is some national security secret.
The man simly does not know anyone could be interested in it.

I think he would let us in to see it, photograph it, even measure it, if we could go on an interview with him.
Of course, that's the hard part... How to ask him for an interview and get a positive answer?
Very difficult.

There is only ONE way to do it. Have the MTV ask him for an interview with regard to Raiders and the jacket.
They are the wildest craziest guys, only them could do it. And who dares say no to them?

Anyone here knows anybody at MTV? or have you any idea how to approach them?
I feel they wouldn't say no...

Junior
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
What makes you think George would let you take PICS? They wouldn't let TN take PICS of the jacket. ;)

Indiego Jones
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
What makes you think George would let you take PICS? They wouldn't let TN take PICS of the jacket. ;)

I think TN took pics of the jacket...but wasn't allowed to show it.
This is a message from Tony (through RC), jan'09. Regarding some discussions about shrunken lamb:
Quote:
HELLO ****** ! THATS FINE , AT THIS TIME NO MORE PHOTOS AND NO MORE INFORMATION AND THERE IS PLENTY OF IT . HE IS USING MY INFO THAT I SHARED WITH OTHERS ( CLEARLY ) , MENTIONING SOME NAMES ARE NOT FACTS , FACTS ARE ON THAT SCREEN FOR PEOPLE WITH A STANDARD VISION , THE BET IS ON BUT IF I HAVE TO SHOW THE FILM JACKET THE BET WILL BE MUCH HIGHER , MUCH HIGHER . MONEY IN ESCROW . WHY THIS NEVER CAME UP BEFORE .PLEASE BE SO KIND AND SHARE THIS WITH ALL THE INDY FANS . KIND REGARDS TONY NOWAK .

I think the idea of an interview is great! And worth to give it a shot.

PLATON
09-08-2010, 05:54 PM
You compare TN with MTV?

RCSignals
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM

You are assuming that the jacket TN had to duplicate was the jacket in George Lucas office. Yes someone has told us that, but do you believe it?
We have been told some things about the hide of the jacket in GL office by someone who claims to have seen it that doesn't match what TN had, and recently the same person reported GL looked at the zipper for him and reported the jacket had no zipper pull or bottom zipper box so couldn't tell if it was right hand or left hand. (I guess the blade was missing too) The jacket TN was loaned had a complete zipper with left hand pull. TN even counted the teeth in the zipper.
I guess also the person who claims to have looked closely at the jacket in GLs office missed this faulty zipper.

Do you still believe the jacket in George Lucas' office was the one loaned to Tony?

Indiego Jones
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM

You are assuming that the jacket TN had to duplicate was the jacket in George Lucas office. Yes someone has told us that, but do you believe it?
We have been told some things about the hide of the jacket in GL office by someone who claims to have seen it that doesn't match what TN had, and recently the same person reported GL looked at the zipper for him and reported the jacket had no zipper pull or bottom zipper box so couldn't tell if it was right hand or left hand. (I guess the blade was missing too) The jacket TN was loaned had a complete zipper with left hand pull. TN even counted the teeth in the zipper.
I guess also the person who claims to have looked closely at the jacket in GLs office missed this faulty zipper.

Do you still believe the jacket in George Lucas' office was the one loaned to Tony?

IF (big if...) the quote from GL about the missing zipper is true...I suppose is because was heavy abused...
Didn't Ford was wearing the Main Jacket on the close-up dragging behind truck footage...?
So, the jacket on GL office could be the MJ! ???

EVEN more interested on this interview!!!! :P

Junior
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM

I guess also the person who claims to have looked closely at the jacket in GLs office missed this faulty zipper

I stand corrected. I had, like alot of people, assumed that the jacket from Lucas's office was the one TN copied. So either there is 1)another jacket or 2) The person in HIGH PLACES is a lier and has been making these stories up for years.
But why expend all that energy to create an elaborate story that won't hold water? The truth would eventually get out.
Don't think I have an answer to any of that, but I trusted Tony and believe what he said was true.

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
09-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Has any credible source corroborated that there IS a jacket in GL's office, and that it was the one TN studied? I think it best to completely disregard info from certain sources and start from (as Crismans said) 'ground zero'.

jasonalun
09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, at this point, given what I know about the source I think you are referring to, I wouldn't give any credence to any statements he has made regarding that. GL may have a jacket in his office, then again he may not. As far as I'm concerned we know nothing about that unless I see credible, verifiable info regarding it.

Hollywood
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Look at things from Lucas's perspective. He was the co-creator of the character, and LFL essentialy paid for the majority of the film to be made. Per his agreements when the film property was negotiated he owns the rights of those properties. Those rights produce income for him well beyond that of his films intake. He is a shrewed and incredibly inteligent buisness man. What motivation does he have to allow fans of his films access to copying an item from the film that he owns the rights too? I do not believe that Lucas wants copies of his property out there that he is not drawing an income from in terms of a possible retail item. Its one thing for a fan to make a one off, and its another to have fans supply companies like US Wings with that data to make a perfect replica then not give old George the proper kick back he is owed.

Besides all that, Lucas is also a generous man, and is not locking the jacket away in a vault somewhere with laser beams protecting it. The jacket is important to his collection of artifacts, and is fragile. The jacket used to be on display at the Presidio a few years back. Not the jacket from LC that is typicly seen in the "Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit, but the honest to goodness jacket from ROTLA. Protecting these items is important to film history, and to the history of LFL, which means there is not reason to allow some one to finger it all day and possibly damage his property.

That's how I see it. Just knowing its ok, is enough for me.

Hollywood
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you too...................

Hollywood
09-09-2010, 05:14 PM

I guess also the person who claims to have looked closely at the jacket in GLs office missed this faulty zipper

I stand corrected. I had, like alot of people, assumed that the jacket from Lucas's office was the one TN copied. So either there is 1)another jacket or 2) The person in HIGH PLACES is a lier and has been making these stories up for years.
But why expend all that energy to create an elaborate story that won't hold water? The truth would eventually get out.
Don't think I have an answer to any of that, but I trusted Tony and believe what he said was true.

Very sound assesment, and good observations. I would agree with Tony Nowak. Also bear in mind that there was more than 1 "Hero" jacket, so who knows which was looked at. I would assume the best of the lot was used to help Tony.

Oops...hold on...getting a text from Steven...

He's at Walmart and can't decide between Hanes or Fruit of the Loom!

Hollywood
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Has any credible source corroborated that there IS a jacket in GL's office, and that it was the one TN studied? I think it best to completely disregard info from certain sources and start from (as Crismans said) 'ground zero'.

Nope. Not one credible person has had access to GL office to confirm. I would however seriously doubt it. I saw the jacket at the Presidio years ago, and it was in very poor condition (dried cracking leather, tears etc). So I do not think GL has it hanging on the back of his door. Based on footage of interviews with GL, and photos of his office I have only seen a hat from LC, and a few misc props from the other films.

Another point for people to remember about the wardrobe that Lucas puts on exhibit. LFL always picks the best of the lot to display. So in cases of leather jackets for the films, GL I am sure does not know the differenced between the jackets nor does he care. To him "its the jacket" and that's all that matters. So when he puts them on loan he picks the best of the ones he has. In cases like props that are one of a kind (Ark) he will often have them restored to their original condition. The person who was responsible for most of the restorations was Don Beis. He was the former Archived Director who basicly created the cataloging process used by LFL today. In the Star Wars world Lucas did not know the difference between Luke's saber hilt from ANH and the one from ESB. Do you think he could tell the difference between Harrisons hero jacket from Raiders as opposed to TOD or LC. My experience is nope.

jasonalun
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
[Oops...hold on...getting a text from Steven...

He's at Walmart and can't decide between Hanes or Fruit of the Loom!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Indiego Jones
09-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Hollywood, thank you so much for all the info!
I appreciate very much.

I saw the jacket at the Presidio years ago, and it was in very poor condition (dried cracking leather, tears etc).
Maybe a dumb question...any chance you take a photo of the jacket....? :angel:

Regards.-

PLATON
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Ha ha ha...
I BET he doesn't know the difference.

Those rich fellas have other things to worry about.
I bet that if one of us could sneak in to his office and replace the main hero with a wested, he would never notice, so to speak.
Ha ha ha!!!

Hollywood
09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Hollywood, thank you so much for all the info!
I appreciate very much.

I saw the jacket at the Presidio years ago, and it was in very poor condition (dried cracking leather, tears etc).
Maybe a dumb question...any chance you take a photo of the jacket....? :angel:

Regards.-

No I didn't. Stupid I know, but there were no photos allowed on the tour.

Hollywood
09-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Ha ha ha...
I BET he doesn't know the difference.

Those rich fellas have other things to worry about.
I bet that if one of us could sneak in to his office and replace the main hero with a wested, he would never notice, so to speak.
Ha ha ha!!!

Very true. Imagine how much he does in a day, I don't think that jacket specs are high on his priority list............

PLATON
09-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Someone said, he doesn't let anyone in or to take photos because he's affraid that if anyone knows the specs they'll use it to sell copies of the jacket.

Well.. sorry to say, but it doesn't make sence as there are tons of copies out there. Licensed or unlicensed.
Even if someone makes an 100% accurate copy of the jacket, that will not affect the general public's reaction.

We, the hardcore jacket fans amount to what? 2000 people?
A drop in the ocean.

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
09-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I am shocked that one of the Raiders hero jackets was on display in the Presidio (San Francisco) and nobody has photos or notes? How long ago was that, Hollywood?

It seems that getting a good look at just one hero jacket would answer a great many questions...

Apparently things have changed with regards to access to records and exhibiting things like a Raiders jacket... possibly LFL's safeguarding response to the undying attempts of fans to accurately reproduce it and know the origins? If LFL wants to officially license a company to corner the market on Indy jackets, they don't want any more conclusive fan research to muck up the future profit potential. Just look at what conclusive research did to the grand claims and bandwagoning of the NC/USW project....

Poop floats. ;D

H

RCSignals
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, Tony Nowak did get a good look at one Hero jacket and copied it precisely. Even that isn't good enough for some people.

PLATON
09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
It doesn't make sence.

The market is flooded with jackets. CS jackets, TOD jackets, Raiders jackets.
Not to mention the hats, the whips, the shirts, the shoes and all.

There's no reason why to hide it. Besides, only the gearheads would know the difference, if a new accurate jacket came out.

Gunslinger
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the fear is more from counterfeit versions of the "real" jacket appearing at auction or whatever, not commercial copies.

Hollywood
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I am shocked that one of the Raiders hero jackets was on display in the Presidio (San Francisco) and nobody has photos or notes? How long ago was that, Hollywood?

It seems that getting a good look at just one hero jacket would answer a great many questions...

Apparently things have changed with regards to access to records and exhibiting things like a Raiders jacket... possibly LFL's safeguarding response to the undying attempts of fans to accurately reproduce it and know the origins? If LFL wants to officially license a company to corner the market on Indy jackets, they don't want any more conclusive fan research to muck up the future profit potential. Just look at what conclusive research did to the grand claims and bandwagoning of the NC/USW project....

Poop floats. ;D

H

Hey there,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I am not usually online on the weekends. To answer your question. I would say the jacket was on display in the visitors area in 2002 or 2003. I saw it right before I moved so that would be about right. The jacket was on dislay with a TOD fedora, the three Hero Sankara Stones, the grail diary prototype, a LC whip, and some misc stuff from other movies (Howard the Duck EEEK!)

Getting a good look at the jacket answering questions depends on the person looking, and the persons asking the questions. Owning a great many Indy props myself I can tell you that even when a fan sees an original, they will normally walk away saying something to the affect of the following:

1. Fake
2. Cool, but I think its been restored
3. Doesn't look like it does in the movie
4. Wow how cheap looking, I can't believe they pull this off on screen

The comments go on and on. Just read the endless debates on COW by a bunch of people who have never seen, much less handled an orignal questioning people like Nowak who copied the jacket as best possible. Seeing the jacket will never solve the total answer because there are those that no answer is ever good enough unless they themselves owned one. The main perpetrator of the jacket issue, with all his supposed contacts does not own one..........interesting. LOL!

Yes things have changed around LFL properties. I am sure the reasoning has nothing to do with fans reproducing jackets etc, more along the lines of caring for the items, and their constant rotation of materials for different exibitions (Star Wars in Concert, MOM Exhibit, COSI, Where Science Meets Imagination etc). LFL highly restricts access to materials for many reasons, none of which I would believe have to do with fans copying their material. Fans have plenty of opprotunites to do that every time a prop/ costume is on display in an auth Lucas event. What really makes me laugh is when a gear head or whom ever "in the know" says.......psst.......this jacket is a replica that Lucas puts on display.......he does not want people to ever see the real one,......." That is stupid. Lucas Archives has so many jackets from the many films that its mind boggling. There is no reason not to show originals. You get the picture. Often people who see real stuff do not put two and two together because in person the item almost always looks different then their memory copied, or simply cheaper in person. For years LFL had a licensing agreement with Tony Nowak to create the "Indy" jacket.

Hollywood
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
PLATON
Someone said, he doesn't let anyone in or to take photos because he's affraid that if anyone knows the specs they'll use it to sell copies of the jacket.

Yeah right. I think it he is more afraid at the possibility of of E.T. getting into his office to steal his die cast vintage car models.

Well.. sorry to say, but it doesn't make sence as there are tons of copies out there. Licensed or unlicensed.
Even if someone makes an 100% accurate copy of the jacket, that will not affect the general public's reaction.

You got that right.

We, the hardcore jacket fans amount to what? 2000 people?
A drop in the ocean.

Yep and most of those fans would never believe the perfect copy was still correct. There will always be something wrong with it, because someone else of "importance" on the internet pointed out that at the Bantu Wind scene frame 13, that Indy's collar has a double top stitch at the 4 o'clock position, and the replica does not. Blaa blaaaaa blaaaaaa!

RCSignals
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
......... For years LFL had a licensing agreement with Tony Nowak to create the "Indy" jacket.

Did you mean to post 'Tony Nowak' there?

Hollywood
09-14-2010, 01:08 AM
......... For years LFL had a licensing agreement with Tony Nowak to create the "Indy" jacket.

Ooops sorry I meant to type Neil Cooper. Thanks. ???

RCSignals
09-14-2010, 02:58 AM

Ooops sorry I meant to type Neil Cooper. Thanks. ???

I was just clarifying. no problem