PDA

View Full Version : Status of Riley Barrie and Tony Nowak Originals?

IfAdventureHasAName
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Has ANYONE been able to get a hold of Mr. Riley Barrie? Yes, I contacted him thorugh the email address he provided which was nowakpadawan@aol back on Septmber 2nd. But, no response as of yet.

Also, has anyone heard of any updated status of the Tony Nowak Originals company? The website is basically "under construction" From what I last heard and understand, Mr. Barrie was in the process of reorganizing everything under his name.

From the jackets that I have seen produced under Mr. Barrie......the company seemingly hasn't skipped a beat.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. And, if I posted this inquiry under the wrong forum, I apologize for the mistake and may the powers that be please move to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

PLATON
09-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Anyone knows what are the currently available skins on offer?

RCSignals
09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I believe 'IfAdventure.." has now contacted Riley.

Platon I'm not sure of them all but he seems to have shrunken lamb in the style of Gunslinger's jacket, the 747 Italian cowhide, the Surrogates Italian cowhide, CS cowhide.
He probably has the goat skins but I don't know what, and he no doubt has more generic skins that mostly aren't used for I-j jackets.

IfAdventureHasAName
09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I believe 'IfAdventure.." has now contacted Riley.

Platon I'm not sure of them all but he seems to have shrunken lamb in the style of Gunslinger's jacket, the 747 Italian cowhide, the Surrogates Italian cowhide, CS cowhide.
He probably has the goat skins but I don't know what, and he no doubt has more generic skins that mostly aren't used for I-j jackets.

Yes, I have. Thank you, Fortune and Glory member "RCSignals" :) And thank you for informing us concerning the leathers that Mr. Riley has available.

Right now, though I am heavily leaning towards the "KOTCS" jacket considering that was the jacket produced by Mr. Nowak (rest in peace) and I would like to keep that lineage with the jacket maker, just seeing everyone else's beautiful jackets whether they be a "ROTLA", a "TOD" or an "LC" is putting a little doubt on which one to order. If I am going to this, I am going to do this right.

IfAdventureHasAName
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Mr. Riley Barrie has made the official announcement that Tony Nowak Originals will be closing it's operations permanently. :-[

Mr. Barrie also announced that if you would like to place an order for a jacket, now is the time to do so. He can be contacted at
nowakpadawan@aol.com

No time table was given as when the company will officially close. If you have any questions, I suggest contacting Mr. Riley himself.

As he posted on another board...."The End of a Legacy". :-[

RCSignals
09-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Thank you for posting that

i spoke with Riley and he asked me to post here

'Tony Nowak Originals is scheduled to close its doors forever.
Maria (Tony's widow) and I have had numerous long discussions, and we can not see a viable future in leather.

This is a last call for jackets, please DON'T hesitate to contact me using NOWAKPADAWAN@AOL.COM to get the ball rolling."

So there is a limited window for anyone wanting a jacket.

If you've been procrastinating, now would be a good time to take action.

Kt Templar
09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
This is sad. Especially for the workers behind the scenes who did all the sewing.

Really find it hard to accept that there wasn't a business to be had there at that price point.

IfAdventureHasAName
09-17-2010, 06:01 PM
All I know is I am just finalizing some minor details with Mr. Barrie and once that is taken care of, all the information needed to produce my "KOTCS" jacket will be expedited immediately. Though I was looking into other versions of the jackets from the previous movies, with the announcement this morning, it made my decision very clear. Just want to keep the lineage of the movie jacket intact.

Truly sad and disappointing news but, I completely respect and understand the Nowak family's decision. And I wish all of the Nowak family nothing but the best in the future that awaits.

Thank you Fortune and Glory member "RCSignals". Owe you one, sir.

Raskolnikov
09-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Very sad news, indeed. The best way I have to honour Tony now, as always has being my intention (of course I'm not commenting any one else's) is wearing my Raiders until it starts falling appart. Then I will keep it safe somewhere. But if it survives me (and it looks quite probable it may do it) I will leave it then to my future sons :).
Best luck to Riley and his family.

Gunslinger
09-17-2010, 09:24 PM
This is just a major bummer.

Topper
09-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Very sad news... :-[

RCSignals
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Remember, you CAN order a jacket now. So if you've been intrigued for a ToD or Last Crusade jacket from TNO, now is not the time to procrastinate.

Personally, I'm hoping things can be worked out, and the company keeps it's lights on and door open. You never know.

I understand this announcement has seen people bring out some wild claims, about Tony Nowak, history of his involvement in Indiana Jones jackets, ad infinitum. Most are quite laughable.