PDA

View Full Version : bag strap

HENRY JONES JR.
01-11-2015, 06:04 AM
I recieved my MAKEITJONES leather satchel bag strap today. It was made by MAKEITJONES out of the UK. The reviews of his work and products on this site were excellent, so I wanted to see if I would get the same results.

When I ordered my strap on ebay, I asked him if he could customize it for me. He immediately wrote me back and said he could. I described that I wanted it Medium in length, no dye on the back, or on the sides, and I'd like it to be the Raiders of the Lost Ark strap color.

He delivered!

First of all, when I opened the package, the strap was tied together with a thin leather strap of it's own to keep it wound up in the shipping bag. Pretty classy I must say. Not sure if he does that for everyone, but I was sure impressed. I then looked at the leather. It was a thick, strong, and high quality leather (unlike the cheap, thin crap I bought from a competitor). It smelled leathery, and brand new (I love the smell of leather!) It wasn't too thick or thin. It was just right.

MAKEITJONES also included all three styles of strap buckles so you can customize it anyway you wish! What an added bonus! The buckles were made of a high quality solid metal.

The dye color was a very nice Raiders brown color.

How was my overall impression of his work? He exceeded my expectations.

His communication was excellent, and even sent me a notification on ebay to let me know when he sent it.

This is a man who knows his craft, and will customize it if you request it.

He makes his straps with high quality leather.

If your looking for a strap for your Indy Satchel MKVII, look no further than MAKEITJONES.

https://sites.google.com/site/makeitjones//indiana-jones-gear

His web address is above, and he works in the UK.

Thank you David for your wonderful job, and top quality craftsmenship.

It's nice to know there is still someone out there that knows how to do it right!

He comes highly recommended by me,

HENRY JONES JR.

SD Jones
03-07-2015, 03:09 AM
I was very pleased with mine as well.

I won a Temple of Doom bag strap some time ago off ebay and love it. All 3 sliders was a huge plus as well. I still haven't had the heart(or the time), to weather it up for a proper ToD treatment but maybe this summer I can.

Another very satisfied customer!

HENRY JONES JR.
03-08-2015, 05:32 AM
He does good work! Plus I like the the three buckles, and the ability to have it custom done too!

aggiedevil96
07-03-2015, 01:55 PM
I recently got a gun belt, holster, whip holder, bag strap all in the LC style from David at Make it Jones. Really nice work & craftmanship. He is great to communicate with and helped me a great bit.

http://i62.tinypic.com/24oczyg.jpg

SD Jones
07-05-2015, 05:36 AM
They look awesome! I want to get a propper ToD belt and holster from him. I have a "Todd's Costume's" holster that I kind of over did it on.

I love the weathering on yours!

neutronbomb
07-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Love his customer service. Love his bag straps. They present exactly like on film. Wrinkles and everything. Hands down the best I've had or seen. I like to tighten the rivets with a dime that I carry in the bottom of the bag, however you can't do that with his. The slot is too narrow and shallow. I'll check out some hardware stores for replacements when I can.

I also agree the 3 buckles included are a fantastic touch.

HENRY JONES JR.
07-28-2015, 06:02 AM
I'm STILL happy with his bag strap. It's durable, looks great, and the customizing at my request still makes me happy that I threw out that thin little stap I got on ebay that constantly stained my shirts. THIS strap is wonderful! I keep pinching the leather to soften it up, and, well,.....it's just a great strap. I'm so glad I went with David, the master craftsmen at MAKEITJONES. I swear I could hang from a tank with this strap. In fact, the bag would give way before this strap.

I was just looking at the strap on my bag, and just wanted to sing the praises again. I'm a happy camper....or archaeologist. ;)