PDA

View Full Version : Indy's gloves observation

HENRY JONES JR.
07-10-2014, 10:42 PM
This may have been brought up before, but when looking at my blu ray dvds of ROTLA, When Indy says his line, "Snakes...why'd it have to be snakes..." for some reason my eye was looking at his gear, namely his clove. Written on the glove, near the wrist, you can clearly read the word, "LARGE" written on the glove.

Certainly you've seen this before, but today was the first time I ever noticed it. I never had blu ray, or a 46 inch TV before either.

It was interesting to me. I'm re watching the behind the scenes blu ray of ROTLA. Always trying to catch something I didn't the first time around.

ThrowMeTheWhip
10-24-2014, 06:19 AM
I mentioned this in 2012 on IndyLounge and there seemed to be some brief excitement, but since then… zilch. No one that I've seen has added the large to their gloves. Surprises me considering it's a new SA detail and considering the rabidness most in our community have for accuracy, I'd expect to have seen a few dozen such modifications to gloves by now. Or hell, a vendor doing an entire SA glove run.

HENRY JONES JR.
10-25-2014, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I feel ya brother. Sometimes I post stuff and nobody cares. I just put it out there, and if it creates a buzz, that's awesome, if not, oh well, I put it out there for people to decide what is cool, or not interesting to them. I too would think there would be interest in this.

After all, I think you were the only one that responded to my post about the word "LARGE" on the gloves. :D I guess it doesn't matter enough.

SD Jones
10-25-2014, 04:42 PM
I always get ignored as the constant "new guy" so I know the feeling :D.

Back to the gloves though, I am surprised as well. I have a pair of Todd's gloves and I've thought about attempting to make a "Large" stamp to put on them.

HENRY JONES JR.
10-26-2014, 05:22 AM
I always get ignored as the constant "new guy" so I know the feeling :D.

Back to the gloves though, I am surprised as well. I have a pair of Todd's gloves and I've thought about attempting to make a "Large" stamp to put on them.

Having "LARGE" on them will actually make them screen accurate. You will be ignored no longer! ;D

neutronbomb
10-26-2014, 04:13 PM
From the IMAX observation thread that also has a few other posts about the gloves. Keep up the good work guys. It may not always cause a flurry of responses, but it is important, adds to our content, and provides great info for research.
http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threads/1914-Things-you-saw-in-Raiders-IMAX?p=18832&viewfull=1#post18832

LARGE written on Indy's gloves:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/Indiana%20Jones/strap/screencap03.jpg

HENRY JONES JR.
10-28-2014, 02:54 AM
Nice Photo NEUTRONBOMB!

Gunslinger
12-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Anyone else got any grabs of the gloves? It'd be great to work out exactly what model of Wells Lamont they are, and whether they're the cow, suede or pigskin.