PDA

View Full Version : Who in Chicago? - AB Deluxe Fedora

RCSignals
07-31-2010, 03:41 AM
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/indiana-jones-ab-deluxe-fedora-worn-by-harrison

Indiana Jones AB Deluxe Fedora worn by Harrison Ford

Sold For: Start FREE Trial! or Sign In to see Price Data.

Sold Date: 05/31/2008
Channel: Online Auction
Source: eBay

Up for auction is an Adventurebilt Deluxe, 100% beaver felt fedora made by Marc Kitter of Adventurebilt Hats ( / ) in Germany . Marc is one of two men (the other being Steve Delk) who made all the hero hats for Harrison Ford for Paramount Pictures latest smash hit, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which once again teamed up the talents of director, Steven Spielberg (Jaws/Close Encounters/Saving Private Ryan) and producer, George Lucas (Raiders of the Lost Ark/Star Wars/American Graffiti). The film also stars Karen Allen, Shia Labeouf , Cate Blanchett , Ray Winstone and John Hurt and opened last week to an enormous reception by fans who have been waiting years to see the character of Indiana Jones once again don the hat which made him famous.
Today you have the opportunity to take a piece of film history home with you. The AdventureBilt fedora up for auction was made for me by Marc Kitter and delivered in February of 2007 to my Chicago home. The hat was removed from the original shipping box, shaped and put back in the box for future wear. A call then came in May of 2007 from Marc Kitter asking me to please overnight this hat to Bernie Pollack, Harrison Ford 's personal costumer, for a running in the new, in production Indiana Jones film. Marc did not have a hat ready in time to overnight and since he knew I had a brand new hat in my possession and we are friends, I was an immediate option. I then over-nighted the hat to Bernie via/ Western Costumes in Los Angeles , w it was received and at some point the next day looked over by Bernie Pollack, his assistant and Harrison Ford , who tried on the hat among many others to see how he liked them. The hat was a strong contender but they thought it needed some minor changes so it was sent back to Chicago soon after it was received. Another hat was then send out with the changes and the contact to supply Paramount with all of the hero fedoras to be worn by Harrison Ford in the new film went to the Adventurebilt Hat Company, which would eventually supply more than 50 fedoras for Ford and his stunt men. Again, the hat up for auction was NOT worn or made for the production of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull . This hat is the very first Adventurebilt sent to Paramount to be tested against other hats. It was returned to me, another hat was sent by Steve Delk who then received word shortly after that Adventurebilt had gotten the contract to do the hats for the film. The hat itself is one of extremely delicate craftsmanship which harkens back to the old days of hat making. The size of the hat is between 7 1/8" and 7 1/4". The crown is 5 1/2" tall (open crown) with a brim width of 2 5/8". The felt is a medium-weight 100% pure beaver belly felt, some of the best in the world. The felt was also pre-distressed by Marc, giving it an older and worn look, while still brand new. The materials sourced for the sweatband and liner are among the best you can find anyw as well. All of this is then carefully constructed to precise measurements by AdventureBilt, one stitch and one hat at a time, just as in the day of old. The hat itself is in like new condition. I can find no blemishes other than a very small stain on the sweatband which may have been put t by Ford himself when he wore it. It is shaped in the same style as seen in the Indiana Jones films so it is perfect to be set for display immediately. The hat will be shipped in the box in which it was returned from Bernie Pollack, again, via Western Costumes in Los Angeles . The label is present on the box you will receive with the hat. This box will then be placed inside another box for it's protection. I will also include the original shipping slip from when I sent the hat to Los Angeles for the costume fitting so you can see when and w it was sent, who received it and w and when it was returned. Along with the hat, original shipping box and shipping slip will be ...

Junior
08-07-2010, 07:47 PM
And it went for something like $5000 dollars just because it was on HF's head. Not even screen used. :laugh:

Canyon
08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I believe that it was G-Mann, joint owner of the Indy Lounge. He also posts on COW. He did live in Chicago at the time (he has now moved to another part of the States). ;)

I remember reading about this on the Indy Lounge. ;D