PDA

View Full Version : Magnoli Clothiers...experiences, thoughts, and/or opinions?

IfAdventureHasAName
10-24-2013, 02:14 AM
After doing a brief search on "Fortune and Glory", did not really see anything concerning Magnoli Clothiers "Indiana Jones" jackets. But, if it was missed, my apologies.

Very tempted to "pull the trigger" on a Magnoli Clothiers "Adventure Jacket Version C" a.k.a. "Last Crusade" jacket.

Any here have any past experience with Magnoli Clothiers concerning "Indiana Jones" jackets or any of the numerous clothing products the online store has to offer?

Any and all assistance and information would be greatly appreciated. I thank you.

crismans
10-24-2013, 03:47 AM
I have a X-Men 3 Wolverine jacket in goat (clearance item) from them that is very nice. And I don't remember ever really hearing any bad reviews on them (seems like I do remember one person had a problem, but I don't remember the details). At any rate, reviews are far more positive than negative.

All that being said, I have a hard time swallowing 600+ for an Indy jacket that doesn't feature some kind of "special" leather--like striated lamb for instance. Maybe I'm just way out of the loop (I know that the world economy has worsened) but there are other choices for less. Wested (although certainly hit and miss) can make a good jacket and it's hard to beat their prices. Filmjackets has a good basic Indy jacket pattern that you can customize for an additional cost and still be $150 or so below Magnoli's price.

I'm not trying to slag on a vendor. Like I said, I've heard mainly positive stuff and my Wolverine jacket is a nice one. If you have the extra cash and want to pull the trigger go for it, but I think there are better bargains out there.

IfAdventureHasAName
10-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Thank you for your input, "Crismans". Much appreciated as always.

With Wested Leathers, as you stated and as many others, including myself, have experienced, though the prices are very reasonable, it can be "hit or miss" when it comes to the customization of the jacket you requested. And being the "stickler" for details that I am, Wested doesn't use spring (nipple) snaps on their jackets any longer. Not sure if their "in-house" produced jackets in the UK used to use them but, the imported "off the rack" jackets I purchased from them back around 2008 used to have them.

As for "Filmjackets", did contact them to inquire about customization of their "Explorer 3" jacket but, after trading emails back and forth about the custom specifications for a bit, never heard back from them and, from the email communication, don't think they could have or wanted to do the custom specs I inquired about.

With Magnoli Clothiers, from what I understand, they have the specific measurements from the "Last Crusade" Smithsonian Jacket in which to base their "Adventure Jacket Version C" on. Their current turn around time is 2 to 3 months but, for an extra fee, they expedite the jacket production to four weeks.

Was waiting for Bill Kelso Mfg Co's versions of both the "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" jackets but, unfortunately, from what I last heard, those projects have been put on indefinite hold.

So, for now, going to inquire more about Magnoli Clothiers goatskin leather and, depending on the that information, will make a decision.

But, thank you again for your input.

crismans
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Well, considering your wants and needs, Magnoli might just be the way to go. Like I said, he does makes a quality product. Interesting on the spring snaps. I know the ToD I have has the spring type snaps on it but that might have been special for that jacket (and I purchased it a couple of years ago too).

For the hundredth time, I have to say that I wish I hadn't sold my Nowak LC. One of the few jackets I've regretted letting go over the years. I've gotten a bit out of the OCD obssessed I used to be about details, so if Wested gets my pocket sizes right (and I also ordered the collar to come halfway on the stormflap as I like the look of that LC jacket rather than the other one to feature prominently in the movie), I'll be a happy camper. Their oil pulled cowhide is about my favorite leather I've ever had so I'm looking foward to getting it.

IfAdventureHasAName
11-04-2013, 05:12 AM
"Crismans", looking forward to seeing your new Wested Leather "Last Crusade" jacket. So is it safe to say you didn't have a extensive specification list for the jacket?

As posted here on "Fortune and Glory", I purchased "Han Jones" Tony Nowak (r.i.p.) "Last Crusade" jacket in vintage goat and I will NEVER part with that jacket. Besides being a beautiful jacket, keeping it for sentimental reasons.

Though everyone has their reasons for selling their TNO jackets whatever the style may be, IMHO it is an unfortunate fact that they are being sold. Quality jackets such as Nowaks are few and far between. With Mr. Nowak no longer with us and with no word from Riley Barrie concerning the status of the company, will probably never see another TNO jacket again.

But, I did pull the trigger on a Magnoli Clothiers Adventure Jacket version C , their "Last Crusade" jacket and, hopefully due to paying an extra fee to expedite the production of the jacket, I will have it in my possession within the month.

Went with the goatskin, requesting their thinnest goatskin in the dark, rich brown, dark brown satin lining for body and sleeves, no inside zipper facings, antique brass zipper with left hand pull, antique brass spring "nipple" snaps on storm flap, nickel spring "nipple" snaps on the front flap cargo pockets, just one inside welted pocket on the left side, and "LC" distressing or as close as possible.

With Magnoli Clothiers supposedly already have the specs of the "Last Crusade" jacket that was displayed in the Smithsonian, and after several email correspondence with "Indy Magnoli", no other jacket specs were needed.

As soon as I receive it, pictures and a personal review will follow.

HENRY JONES JR.
11-05-2013, 02:04 AM
The Magnoli Indy satchel is second to none! The newest versions color is perfect to me. Not too khaki or green, It's cheap, and looks just like the original. The quality is excellent. If you have an original, like I do, compare the two. It blows me away. The price is great. I HIGHLY recommend it.

IfAdventureHasAName
11-27-2013, 08:23 PM
At this point, cannot recommend Magnoli Clothiers for their products. Stay tuned.

Gunslinger
11-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Eeek. Bad delivery box-opening experience?

IfAdventureHasAName
11-28-2013, 02:22 PM
"Gunslinger", more like NO box delivering experience. Not yet so far anyway. Once, or even IF, I receive the jacket by early December as informed, then I will provide the details.

Indiego Jones
11-29-2013, 01:15 AM
When did you ordered?

IfAdventureHasAName
11-29-2013, 02:58 AM
"Indiego Jones" I ordered on November 3rd which I paid an extra 15% for Magnoli Clothiers PRIORITY upgrade in order to have the jacket completed within a month. But, I was informed that the jacket MAY not be ready until the second week of December .