PDA

View Full Version : Relic Hunter in new goatskin

PLATON
06-19-2013, 08:35 AM
News update. I 've seen this stuff. Very nice.

Pleased to announce that we have newly made grainy goatskin suitable for Indy jackets.

Taking orders now. By email, until the next website update.

Thanks,
AF

IfAdventureHasAName
06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
"Platon", did you happen to get the opportunity to personally handle the goatskin? If so, in your opinion, how soft and supple did the leather feel? And how thick is the goatskin leather and how did it feel weight wise?

I contacted Bill Kelso MFG but, still awaiting a response. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

PLATON
06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
yes, I was able to handle the goatskin. It is soft and supple in the same way that USN M422 and 50s-60s G-1 jackets are. The tannery actually used an actual 50s G-1 jacket provided by BK as model to make these leathers. Thickness is 0.9-1mm

IfAdventureHasAName
06-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the information, "Platon". Much appreciated as always. :goodjob:

Now just awaiting word from the sales department concerning both the lambtouch cowhide and goatskin availability for the "Relic Hunter".

Thank you again!!

PLATON
06-19-2013, 06:30 PM
you can to see photos of the new goatskin at BK's facebook page facebook.com/billkelsomfg

IfAdventureHasAName
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes, did see the pictures of the new goatskin on the Bill Kelso MFG Facebook page. Looks like the leather I was looking for in a "Relic Hunter" jacket.

Thank you again.