PDA

View Full Version : Magnoli shirt

djd
06-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Just received my Raiders shirt from Magnoli. Nicely made and a good fit. Looks a bit dressy at the moment and needs to be thrown in the washing machine to get it a little screwed up! Colour wise I think it's a tad dark, a shade or so darker than my AB shirt and closer to the Azuma LC I have. I'll see how it looks after a hot wash or two... Pattern wise the epaulettes look very long and thin compared to others. I'll post some pics when I have the chance

neutronbomb
06-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes please. I have a Noel Howard. AB. And Todd's. I don't have an Azuma raiders yet but would like one. The problem I have is the cut in all the shirts don't fit my shoulders or across the top width of my back very well. I get weird bunching at like the top of my triceps towards the armpit back of the shoulder area. I've thought of going custom with a mag, but read several reviews that the color and pattern is off significantly.

djd
06-15-2013, 06:46 PM
The colour is the most disturbing aspect of the shirt. It seems to have a touch of pink in it as well as khaki. The collar and cuffs are also rather too well constructed... too much substance to them if you get my drift. Even after three washes it still looks rather too dressy. The AB shirt is still the best I have for colour, fit and texture. Actually the WPG shirts wouldn't be too bad if they sorted he wierd sizing out.

DocWeeks
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
The thing about Magnoli is that color and sizing varies wildly from batch to batch. You can order two of the exact shirts, open the box, and find the coloring and proportions vastly different between the two. Which only pisses me off because the buyer is responsible for return shipping, for his companys screw-ups, to THAILAND. Not exactly cheap. I've decided from now to only use him for ties/cufflinks/journals. Things that I hope are a little more difficult to screw up. Which is unfortunate because I've wanted a 10th Doctor suit for awhile, but just can't spend that money on something where the end product is guaranteed to be wearable.

djd
06-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes I've had a few cocks ups from him before (a pair of pants where the belt loops didn't line up with one another, and high waisted trousers that weren't high waisted). I've tied all the other shirt manufacturers apart from Magnoli and apart from the AB I haven't been completely happy with any of them. Todd's was ok apart from the collar sits up really high rather than laying flat around the neck

DocWeeks
06-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I've not had the opportunity for an AB, but I love my Noel Howard, and the Azuma shirts are great, but near impossible to get..

djd
06-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I have an Azuma LC and I used to have a NH. The NH needed one more button on the front... I rarely wore it for that reason. The Azuma is fine but my AB is king. Great fit too

djd
06-29-2013, 09:10 PM
I should say that Magnoli has kindly offered to fix the collar etc if I return the shirt or even send my replacement parts to have them fixed locally. I certainly appreciate this although I'd rather the quality control had been there in the first place. I know I'm not the first person to mention how 'dressy' the shirt looks.

Derek Dubery