PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed with todd's 2nd mistake!

HENRY JONES JR.
05-31-2013, 04:48 AM
STRIKE TWO TODD'S COSTUMES!!!:mad:

I'm already unhappy with the debacle from last time. :wtf:

Read below

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forums/threads/1958-Disapointed-with-todd-s-website-mistake/page2

THIS time, they blew it again!

UPS tracking website states that Todd's Costumes left off my apartment number, and can't deliver until it finds out what it is. :banghead:

My official info to Todd's site shows that I DID include my apartment number, and they somehow didn't add it to my delivery address. It's on my invoice with the hat, but not on the outer package. :doh:

I called up UPS to see if by any chance they can clear this up and deliver today (I paid extra for two day delivery) when I gave them my apartment number. They took down my phone number, and said they will call to let me know what they can do for me.

TWO mistakes by Todd's Costumes on the first two times I've tried to do business with them? Are you kidding me??

UPS says it can't deliver today, as the driver is now out of the area, and I now have to drive to a different city to pick it up at the UPS will call between 9-10pm. I won't be able to sign for it on Friday's delivery, so if I don't pick it up tonight, I'll have to wait till monday until they can return (providing I'm available monday to be at home to sign for it).

DARN YOU TODD'S COSTUMES! :hairguy: You have successfully (twice) made a new customer unhappy. Why should I give you a third chance? Why?

Louisianna James
06-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Same happens to me too when i order my bullwhip from Todds.

djd
06-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Every major gear vendor I've dealt with has screwed up at some point (ironically except Todds)... Magnoli, Wested, S&J,....

neutronbomb
06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes. Even Tony. It's tough being an Indy gear customer. Probably even tougher being a vendor.

JeffDJ
06-02-2013, 06:43 PM
DARN YOU TODD'S COSTUMES! :hairguy: You have successfully (twice) made a new customer unhappy. Why should I give you a third chance? Why?
Well, as they say, 3rd time's the charm. ;)

HENRY JONES JR.
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Same happens to me too when i order my bullwhip from Todds.

I wonder if they know they are causing such a problem with their customers? Making sure that the address is correct on a label is such a simple thing to do for even the smallest of businesses.

Every major gear vendor I've dealt with has screwed up at some point (ironically except Todds)... Magnoli, Wested, S&J,....

My experience has been actually the polar opposite strangely enough. Go figure. If I ordered heavily with the other companies, I may also have the same experiences with them too in the long run.

Yes. Even Tony. It's tough being an Indy gear customer. Probably even tougher being a vendor.

I must say I like Todd's Indy items. It's not the items themselves that I had a problem with. It's more service related. The stuff itself is great.

Well, as they say, 3rd time's the charm. ;)

Not sure if there will be a third time. There isn't much insentive to me to do so. I was able to get the Indy shirt I wanted originally from Todd's by buying an unused one in my size on ebay for less money.

DocWeeks
06-03-2013, 12:00 AM
I think the address issue is a problem, but wasn't the other one a stocking issue? I don't think it's fair to hold a small operation up to the standards of the big corporates. It is unrealistic to expect them to be monitoring and updating their stock in real time and ensuring their website reflects that. Just trying to be the devils advocate, but I think the term 'debacle' is stretching it a bit. Mistakes happen, if they behaved like jerks I'd understand, but seeing as how you haven't mentioned their reaction, I'd assume it hasn't been negative.

Ceci n'est pas une mountain
http://www.642weather.com/weather/wxblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/giant-mole-hill.jpg

HENRY JONES JR.
06-03-2013, 04:20 AM
I think the address issue is a problem, but wasn't the other one a stocking issue? I don't think it's fair to hold a small operation up to the standards of the big corporates. It is unrealistic to expect them to be monitoring and updating their stock in real time and ensuring their website reflects that. Just trying to be the devils advocate, but I think the term 'debacle' is stretching it a bit. Mistakes happen, if they behaved like jerks I'd understand, but seeing as how you haven't mentioned their reaction, I'd assume it hasn't been negative.

Ceci n'est pas une mountain
http://www.642weather.com/weather/wxblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/giant-mole-hill.jpg

Well, as I said, Making sure that the address is correct on a label is such a simple thing to do for even the smallest of businesses. Another member here also had the same problem.

Indiego Jones
06-03-2013, 03:00 PM
100% agree.

I'd like to add something even further: "The tougher thing it's to be an Indy gear costumer AND a Vendor"

Because if you are an Indy gear freak, and try to put together an item to offer, you'll end up setting the bar as height as your knowledge on details and nuances is.
And the material suppliers, and workshops hardly gets the idea...very frustrating and stressing.

djd
06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I certianly feel for you Pal...

The measure of a good vendor (of any kind) is how they respond to mistakes (Wested let themselves down in this regard from time to time)

fifthchamber
06-05-2013, 01:48 AM
As I think several of us said last time it happened "mistakes do".......

Todd's not able to get it right every time...Since it's a small team, doing hand done work to get the stuff out...

If you don't feel like using them a third time then don't..But honestly, you'd be missing out on some of the cheapest and best done Indy gear out there...You can pay more and I'm sure you'd get service you feel you deserve....But Todd's is Todd's, and it's worth a lot more than what you pay...

I'd be annoyed, then put it down to a mistake and move past it...Honestly it sounds like much of the issue (after the initial one by Todd) is due to USPS being dicks about delivering it to you after you told them your address.....I know in Japan, they'd get close enough and then call me to double check what house I was at.....It might be that you're vexed about USPS and yelling at Todd instead some? His mistake was the first, but once corrected you still had a load of work to get it back...And that's not on Todd...

Maybe?

HENRY JONES JR.
06-05-2013, 04:18 AM
As I think several of us said last time it happened "mistakes do".......

Todd's not able to get it right every time...Since it's a small team, doing hand done work to get the stuff out...

If you don't feel like using them a third time then don't..But honestly, you'd be missing out on some of the cheapest and best done Indy gear out there...You can pay more and I'm sure you'd get service you feel you deserve....But Todd's is Todd's, and it's worth a lot more than what you pay...

I'd be annoyed, then put it down to a mistake and move past it...Honestly it sounds like much of the issue (after the initial one by Todd) is due to USPS being dicks about delivering it to you after you told them your address.....I know in Japan, they'd get close enough and then call me to double check what house I was at.....It might be that you're vexed about USPS and yelling at Todd instead some? His mistake was the first, but once corrected you still had a load of work to get it back...And that's not on Todd...

Maybe?

Nah, don't really have a problem with UPS. By the time I looked into why it hadn't been delivered yet, and notified them, the driver that had the package was no longer in the area, and wouldn't be able to make it back across town to deliver one package when he had deliveries elsewhere, and then had to drop off and pick up items along the way at UPS stores, then get back to the warehouse for processing in the next city over. How was UPS fault?

Even individual sellers on ebay have always gotten my address correctly, and I've bought over 500 items from individual, and small business sellers on ebay. It's not that difficult.

I thought I have made it clear that I like Todd's products. I like them a lot.

fifthchamber
06-05-2013, 04:25 AM
I'm just used to getting better service from the Japanese Postal Service perhaps (They're not THAT great, but they DO call to tell you if they have issues before they try and deliver...)..I couldn't say, but a fair section of the rant seemed aimed at the latter end of the delivery and the pain in the arse it caused...

As for individual sellers, I suspect the issue there is that because they're not sending so many off at a time, they can afford to double check and triple check...Considering the amount of this type of complaint Todd has received, it's clear he does too...But that for some reason yours slipped through this time..Ah well...That's what you get with smaller companies doing it all themselves occasionally.....I think THAT'S the point..

And yep....We know you like the products....I do too...Ordered several times and never had an issue...(Like most of the rest of us...)...You were just unlucky again...

HENRY JONES JR.
06-05-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm just used to getting better service from the Japanese Postal Service perhaps (They're not THAT great, but they DO call to tell you if they have issues before they try and deliver...)..I couldn't say, but a fair section of the rant seemed aimed at the latter end of the delivery and the pain in the arse it caused...

As for individual sellers, I suspect the issue there is that because they're not sending so many off at a time, they can afford to double check and triple check...Considering the amount of this type of complaint Todd has received, it's clear he does too...But that for some reason yours slipped through this time..Ah well...That's what you get with smaller companies doing it all themselves occasionally.....I think THAT'S the point..

And yep....We know you like the products....I do too...Ordered several times and never had an issue...(Like most of the rest of us...)...You were just unlucky again...

Yep.