PDA

View Full Version : Question About Todd's Jackets

Dagda
05-16-2013, 09:42 PM
So, I owned a few of these in the past. I bought one of the new standards that came out about a year ago and noticed that the stitching was messed up in a lot of places. The tension on the sewing machine was obviously not set right, because the point where the top thread and bottom thread intersected was above the fabric/on the surface, as opposed to being halfway between the top and bottom surfaces of the leather. Have any of you noticed this same thing? Are Todd's jackets typically like this, or did I just get a lemon? I get the impression I may just have gotten the lemon of the day, because one of the pocket flaps was also really crazy looking. But I'm wondering if the stitching is typically pretty good on these things, because I'd like to give them another try. So, feel free to share your personal experiences with these jackets.

crismans
05-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I think you got a lemon. I've had 3 or 4 of these (including one of the current batch) and I've never noticed anything like that. Great jackets for the price! The new leather is outstanding. The only drawback is I'm not a big fan of the lining, but, for the price, you can't beat these.

fifthchamber
05-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Agreed..Sounds like a random mistake

That said, the stitching in them isn't especially "solid" at the best of times...Not bad, and it'll hold up for a while, but not the best out there either..I'd say about right entirely given the price they come in at...Fair enough at that..And considering what you get, more than easily ignored I'd say...But yours sounds like a bit of an unlucky fluke..

As Crismans said, you can't beat them for the price.