PDA

View Full Version : "Steranko" jacket by Bill Kelso MFG?

IfAdventureHasAName
04-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Apparently, Bill Kelso MFG Co will be offering a "Steranko" jacket? With the name of the jacket being "Steranko", is it safe to assume it will be the "Indiana Jones concept art" jacket that was produced by Marvel Comics artist "Jim Steranko"?

No pictures are available but, if there is any interest, to contact the sales department at Bill Kelso MFG Co.

I sincerely hope I am not "out of line" before "PLATON" announced this offering. But, I hope "PLATON" can shed more light on this jacket.

indydude18
04-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they mean this one:

http://www.celebswear.com/product_images/g/994/The_Avengers_Nick_Fury_jacket__32544_zoom__55538_z oom.JPG

IfAdventureHasAName
04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Ahhhh. That makes more sense for I was thinking why would they make an "Indiana Jones concept art" jacket?!?

Tibor
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Ahhhh. That makes more sense for I was thinking why would they make an "Indiana Jones concept art" jacket?!?

I immediately assumed the concept art jacket... There is a precedent as Tony once made a replica of the jacket from the book "Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants" drawn by Drew Struzan.

crismans
04-02-2013, 02:51 AM
Just goes to show you how "focused" we are as I thought concept art jacket too! :D

PLATON
04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I can confirm it's the concept jacket by Jim Steranko. BK have acquired a vintage jacket that is of the same style and that was the inspiration. Most probably it won't be made as so far interest hit the bottom.

you can always ask me for any inside information you want

IfAdventureHasAName
04-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Thank you, "Platon", for all your efforts and information concerning Bill Kelso MFG Co. product. It is greatly and truly appreciated. :goodjob: :toast:

And thank you for verifying what the "Steranko" jacket was going to be. Very interesting idea.

indydude18
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Wow, I was WAY OFF! *facepalm* Why do I have to be such a Marvel nerd? Thanks for the clarification Platon.

Weston
04-12-2013, 04:00 AM
I can confirm it's the concept jacket by Jim Steranko. BK have acquired a vintage jacket that is of the same style and that was the inspiration. Most probably it won't be made as so far interest hit the bottom.

you can always ask me for any inside information you want

Now, THAT one has my attention! Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: Didn't read carefully enough. I really hope enough interest is generated, and that they will go forward with it.

PLATON
04-12-2013, 07:26 AM
It's not going to happen soon I am afraid. BK was gauging interest, there was only one person interested and not firmly interested...
BK is now making the A-1 jacket, there's a lot more demand for that.