PDA

View Full Version : Half-belts - Surrogates Style

crismans
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
RC posted this half belt, which I think is beautiful (is this the company that currently has the 20% off deal going, RC?) in another post:

OK o/t but look at this half-belt

http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Leather_Motorcycle_Jacket_Ryder.htm

Here's an Aero half belt that a poster put up on another site (I've talked to the member about the jacket):

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/sobat110/IMG00009-1.jpg

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/sobat110/IMG00011.jpg

I've talked to Mark at Aero USA and this same jacket would run $895.

Both are beautiful, but I really like the button cuff setup on the Aero. I wish that Riley could find that HH!! What are you guys' thoughts?

RCSignals
07-30-2010, 02:46 AM
That's a nice jacket.

Yes Lost worlds has a 20% off sale until the 31 July

the Areo is nice, but you'll have postage from Scotland? and possibly customs.

goodwear has a halfbelt too

jasonalun
07-30-2010, 02:53 AM
That is nice. Quite different from the Indy style we're used to, but nice. What kind of leather is that? Cow?

crismans
07-30-2010, 03:00 AM
The Aero is full quarter horse hide. I'm just feeling the need for a HH jacket for some reason in this style. Not in debt enough, I suppose. ;D

Nefarious
07-30-2010, 05:06 AM
that is sweeeeeeet!!!! my cockpit usa roughneck is a halfbelt design....cept it doesn't cinch very well to give the tailored look. i guess it was meant to be more of a worker jacket than a motorcycle jacket.

i love the design. in 'i am legend' they incorporated belstaff's trialmaster with a half belt for will smith.....instead of just taking the belt and tucking it away in the back. love that look....very vintage.

RCSignals
07-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey Nef

What is the name of the place you ordered your roughneck jacket through again?

crismans
07-30-2010, 05:29 AM
That's a nice jacket.

Yes Lost worlds has a 20% off sale until the 31 July

the Areo is nice, but you'll have postage from Scotland? and possibly customs.

goodwear has a halfbelt too

I'm not sure what shipping will be. I know that Mark runs the US arm of the company, so they're might not be as much charge in that area if I'm going through him than if I bought direct from Aero. It'll be something I'll have to check out.

Han Jones
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
I have a Surragates half belt and I love it. My favorite jacket by far, it just looks so cool and different from the Indy jacket.

crismans
07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I have a Surragates half belt and I love it. My favorite jacket by far, it just looks so cool and different from the Indy jacket.

Like I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the Indy jacket obviously, but I really think that the Surrogates jacket is Tony's finest work. It would be a no brainer to go for it except I'm really thinking about HH. If the Alden HH was around, that would be the ultimate jacket.

I checked on the Aero I listed above and the price includes shipping and no import fees.

crismans
07-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Magnoli has a good price on a similar jacket. Of course, I would want a second chest pocket and button cuffs rather than the zips. Of course, again, I couldn't get HH, but it is a good starting price.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/open-road-jacket-custom-made-leather-jackets-by-magnoli-clothiers-p-134.html

Nefarious
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Nef

What is the name of the place you ordered your roughneck jacket through again?

i believe i ordered from aviationsupermart.com......it was slightly cheaper than cockpit usa :)

RCSignals
07-31-2010, 01:09 AM
thanks. That's the one i was looking for. they also have this site pilotwear.com

So far best prices on Cockpit jackets

crismans
07-31-2010, 03:13 AM
Does Wings own Cockpit or do they just sell their jackets?

RCSignals
07-31-2010, 03:19 AM
They don't own Cockpit but the two companies have a working relationship, and I think share production facilities.

Topper
07-31-2010, 05:13 AM
This jacket looks impressive! Very original! This is horsehide? Man this breaks yourself faster in then you ever the jacket ;)

Gunslinger
07-31-2010, 07:21 AM
I love the Goodwear leather - it looks nice and crusty on most of their ww2 jackets. Their halfbelt seems to be coming soon? http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gwcalventura_images2.html I'd love to have a Surrogates in the HH from Riley if he's able to do it.

RCSignals
08-01-2010, 05:09 AM
The good wear is nice, but too large a gap with the back panel to shoulder. The arms of that one at least are too short. Personally i don't like the buckle and strap at the wrist as much as a button cuff.

But e does very nice replication work of labels etc.

Gunslinger
08-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I agree something about the proportions just doesn't quite look like "it". I wonder if Riley has been able to re-source the "Amercian Stallion" HH?

RCSignals
08-01-2010, 06:02 AM
He knows the tannery. He just has to make contact with whoever Tony talked to to get the same stuff. It's some beautiful HH

crismans
08-01-2010, 11:28 PM
He knows the tannery. He just has to make contact with whoever Tony talked to to get the same stuff. It's some beautiful HH

Here's hoping. It would take a lot of pressure off me to decide on a half belt. It would be a no-brainer and just a matter of getting the funds together.

That Goodwear is really nice but, I'm like RC, I really like the button cuff setup the best.

Kt Templar
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I like the look of Aero's, but I hear some odd rumblings about them from people who have done business with them. Plus they have strong connections with a certain person which looses them my business immediately.

Shame really, Amanda was very helpful when I was tire kicking an A2 a little while ago.

crismans
08-03-2010, 03:10 AM
I like the look of Aero's, but I hear some odd rumblings about them from people who have done business with them. Plus they have strong connections with a certain person which looses them my business immediately.

You know that posting stuff like that just gets me curious!! ;) :D

Nefarious
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
hey, welcome aboard KT :)

good to see you over here. i know that you deal alot with 'the tannery'....do they make or do half-belts. i know they do alot of belstaff homages but what else can they do?

Kt Templar
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
If you can find them a jacket that they can go and buy or borrow to pattern off they are really very good.

You are buying a jacket made in Pakistan but to very high standards and a reasonable price.

Mostly the leathers I've seen from him range from supersoft washed leather to softish sheep and cow. I've not asked him about horsehide.

The leathers he uses are on par with Belstaff's own leather and the fashion stuff on par with Superdry.

He has a fashion line called 'Black Scissors' and that is taking up a lot of his time lately, so he's stepped back a bit from the FilmJackets forum.

I'm tempted to ask him to make an 'Inception' god help my bank account!

crismans
08-04-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm tempted to ask him to make an 'Inception' god help my bank account!

I think that jacket has caught Raider S' eye as well. It's a sharp looking jacket.

crismans
08-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm afraid I might be back to square one on this. I had about decided to go for the Aero but I've heard of certain people having their "claws" in there a bit too much. Probably stupid of me to not get one for that reason, but I don't want to support this person at all if I can help it.

I'd love for Riley to be able to source some HH for a surrogates jacket. I just want this in HH for some reason. The Wested Raiders I have in HH is a proverbial tank.