PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations: top viewed threads and more's coming

admin
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Congratulations to the top two viewed threads on F&G: 'Let's see your Bill Kelso "Relic Hunter" jackets' and 'Rare and deleted scenes Indiana Jones pictures!' Started by IfAdventureHasAName and Henry Jones Junior respectively. Great job guys Indy_cheers

Some of the top viewed threads in order:

1. 15,152 'Let's see your Bill Kelso "Relic Hunter" jackets'
2. 12,042 'Rare and deleted scenes Indiana Jones pictures!'
3. 11,800 'Help, I am falling asleep, someone call Patterson'
4. 10,939 'Todd Hayes - COW Posts'
5. 8,080 'Wested "Hero" now up'
6. 7,715 'The Long Back..Strikes Back!'
7. 6,821 'Alden 403 and 405 comparison'

One of the features of the site is the ability to function like a database. It reminds me a bit like iTunes. Where you can go to each board or section via a computer, like the jacket section for instance, and though it orders the threads according to most recent, you can click on the buttons that run across the top to reorder the thread list. Try this in the Drinkin' with a Monkey board. You can see along the top the 'Replies/Views' button. Click it and it will show all the threads in order of most viewed. 'indiana jones musuem exhibit coming soon...' with 2,015 views is the top viewed thread in that section. Click on it again and it will order it from least to most viewed. Pretty cool huh :banllama:

A few observations on our top viewed list.

1. Unlike what Nebraska Shultz, Canyon, The Last Crusader/Tundrarider, Chewie and others have suggested, Fortune and Glory's interest is about the gear and film first and foremost.

2. It is also good to see that there is interest in learning the truth about this hobby and some of the "Catfishing" schemes being run and supported elsewhere. Amazing really the parallels one can draw from recent news events and COW. Many of our members took a "Last Stand" against their corruption and we are proud of them for doing so. We rooted out our hobby's own catfisher and those who vehemently supported him. Sadly, many of us have also come to believe that the ones in charge supported the hoax in order to elevate the sites status.

3. On more good news. We have decided on the front part of the site that is coming soon to have articles and features that reflect where the interest of our members reside. Very exciting. How to's. Write ups. Features. Also, we'll try and highlight with an introduction article about some of our more popular threads with a link taking the reader to the full discussion on the forum.

4. Alden 403 and 405 comparison? #7. Wow.

HENRY JONES JR.
01-26-2013, 04:31 AM
I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned!! :goodjob:

admin
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Wow! HJJ's thread is charging up towards 24,000 views. Congratulations HJJ for blowing right through the 20,000 views mark. Which is where IfAdventureHasAName's 'Let's see your Bill Kelso "Relic Hunter" jackets' thread is positioned to break through.

admin
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
31,000+ views and counting for the Rare & Deleted thread. Wonderful work by HJJ and fellow contributors in digging up these behind the scenes and promo photos. Many of them show details of the gear not picked up or seen on film and shows insight into the making of the movies. It's our featured status update today on our facebook site https://www.facebook.com/fortuneandglory.org?fref=ts A few more likes and I believe we'll be able to get some additional features.

I'd also like to personally thank HJJ for starting this thread and spending the time to find these photos; they are very valuable in helping in the research and analysis of the gear.

HENRY JONES JR.
04-30-2013, 04:42 PM
31,000+ views and counting for the Rare & Deleted thread. Wonderful work by HJJ and fellow contributors in digging up these behind the scenes and promo photos. Many of them show details of the gear not picked up or seen on film and shows insight into the making of the movies. It's our featured status update today on our facebook site https://www.facebook.com/fortuneandglory.org?fref=ts A few more likes and I believe we'll be able to get some additional features.

I'd also like to personally thank HJJ for starting this thread and spending the time to find these photos; they are very valuable in helping in the research and analysis of the gear.

Thank you very much!! I agree 100%. Many behind the scenes photos show things that are not really seen well in the films, like close ups etc. This can absolutely help us to see gear in another way, and help us to Identify things in ways we may not normally. This is a very important thread for research. I'm doing what I can for our hobby, but I need help. I need your help in posting more of these type of photos to further our hobby. Please post what you can, when you can.

Together, we can do this. Who knows what we will learn next?!

What an Awesome Admin, Awesome site, and Awesome Members!!

-HENRY JONES JR.

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forums/threads/1945-Rare-amp-deleted-scenes-indiana-jones-pictures!

HENRY JONES JR.
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM
A MIND NUMBING 60,000 + VIEWS for the Rare and Deleted Scenes Indiana Jones Pictures thread! Lots of non members are visiting this website to view this thread.
Thanks again to everyone who has visited, and posted photos to this thread. ...60,000 plus views....wow! It just keeps getting better!

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threads/1945-Rare-amp-deleted-scenes-indiana-jones-pictures!/page62

-HENRY JONES JR.

neutronbomb
07-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes. Really fantastic job everyone on that thread Indy_cheers

HENRY JONES JR.
07-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Perhaps we should update the facebook page, as it's surpassed 31,000 + views now to almost twice that amount. ;)

That thread really is a collaborative effort by the members here. We've done an awesome job.
Just keep add'in more!

KidHuevos
09-13-2014, 12:48 AM
I'd be curious to see an updated list of the top ten threads (unless there's some software in the database that lets users look it up themselves)

I think that "Star Wars 7" thread's gotta be fairly popular right now.

neutronbomb
09-13-2014, 03:14 AM
I forget all the exact forum terms, but if you click on for example the drinkin' with a monkey section and look in the middle right above where it lists the first thread you should see a title in the middle that says replies/views. If you click views it shows everything in order of most views. I quickly went through most of the sections I know to be popular and here's several that seem to be at the top.

1. Rare and deleted scenes Indiana Jones Pictures! 63,230 views
2. Let's see your Bill Kelso Relic Hunter Jackets 30,950 views
3. The Raiders Fedora Discussion Thread 13,445 views
4. Alden 403 ad 405 Comparison 13,019 views
5. Wested Hero Now Up 12,969 views
6. Todd Hayes - COW Posts 12,874 views
7. Help I'm Falling Asleep - Someone Call Patterson 12,808 views
8. Wested Hero Shrunken Lamb Jacket - questions and photos 12,102 views
9. Star Wars 11,473 views
10. Defending AB & Penman Hats' Raiders Ribbon 10,516 views

KidHuevos
09-13-2014, 08:39 PM
I forget all the exact forum terms, but if you click on for example the drinkin' with a monkey section and look in the middle right above where it lists the first thread you should see a title in the middle that says replies/views. If you click views it shows everything in order of most views. I quickly went through most of the sections I know to be popular and here's several that seem to be at the top.

I found it, thanks! :)

(That will simplify matters now.)