PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Dress Up Set

Louisianna James
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
This is Louisianna James official "Indiana Jones-like" wardrobe set, sorry i dont got the whip nor the gun yet in these pictures,

http://m1341.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Louis_Acero/photo2_zpsce7d0a46.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1

http://m1341.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Louis_Acero/photo1_zps7b6cda49.jpg.html?o=1&newest=1

The Fedora is an Advintage Herbert Johnson

Btw please dont think im using the belt as a substitute for the whip lol haha!!! :D

Louisianna James
01-03-2013, 04:26 PM
These are enhanced images! Updated
http://imageshack.us/a/img28/6567/photo12oj.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/373/photo13gz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/9343/photo14op.jpg

HENRY JONES JR.
01-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Nice costume! The hat sure looks fantastic. Is the pants Dockers, or Eddie Bauer?

Louisianna James
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for seeing! The pants are Dockers, it was bought from a store which i forgot the name. I got the pants like two years ago and it was supposed to my traveling pants, the shoes if you can see it the brand is puma lol :D, because those are the only pair of shoes that i have that are reddish brown the rest i have red, dark brown and black formal, and the rest are sneakers used for jogging.

HENRY JONES JR.
01-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks for seeing! The pants are Dockers, it was bought from a store which i forgot the name. I got the pants like two years ago and it was supposed to my traveling pants, the shoes if you can see it the brand is puma lol :D, because those are the only pair of shoes that i have that are reddish brown the rest i have red, dark brown and black formal, and the rest are sneakers used for jogging.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My Indy gear is stuff I actually plan on using for adventures. They are functional, so why not use 'em?! I plan to.

fifthchamber
01-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Cool start!

Hell of a lot better than mine was when I first got kitted out!! Nice one! Really digging the hat! You could also try places like the Gap for some Chinos..They might be a touch closer to the brown coloured pants Indy uses! And the Chino colours work well with the jacket (again, very cool!) so you win in either case! Nice one!

Keep it up!

Louisianna James
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Cool start!

Hell of a lot better than mine was when I first got kitted out!! Nice one! Really digging the hat! You could also try places like the Gap for some Chinos..They might be a touch closer to the brown coloured pants Indy uses! And the Chino colours work well with the jacket (again, very cool!) so you win in either case! Nice one!

Keep it up!
Hi fifthchamber, thank you very much for your kind words, yeah you're absolutely right i just went to a gap store yesterday on a shopping mall and there are many colors of the pants but it somewhat confused me because there are many khaki or brown type of colors that slightly resembles the indy pants but since you told me that the color closer or right is chino ill buy those chino color pants, thanks to you my friend you really gave good advice and help ;) , im sure there are quite some different pant color that indy wore at each films. For the jacket, its not right cause the sleeves are shorter than the torso/body part of the jacket which is longer like a trench coat. For the shoes its quite embarassing lol because those shoes are supposed to be running shoes because it had the puma symbol as you can see lol :D im remember one time my cousin showed me his indy gear and i asked him wheres his whip and he showed me his belt lol :D Thanks again for your kind words i appreciated it ;) btw show me a picture of your indy dress up, im sure yours look great too as mine or better :) ,

Louisianna James
01-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. My Indy gear is stuff I actually plan on using for adventures. They are functional, so why not use 'em?! I plan to.

Yeah actually i plan to use the set for adventures such as mountain hiking, jungle tour, camping of course, drinking tequila(im the tequila drinking kind lol), horseriding (need to put tissue underneath the fedora sweatband to prevent it from flying), and of course cave spelunking during the summers when im off work, but i have adventures probably 4 times a year, cause i live in the city(New york city) and much work to do there, so i rarely have adventure. Im a city boy most of the time, and an adventurer boy some the time lol, :D

fifthchamber
01-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the reply Lousianna!

Yeah, I went with trousers that were too brown first time off....The "correct" pants for the four films is hard to describe...The fabric is a wool twill, called "Cavalry Twill", and the colour is like a slightly darker khaki....Chinos, as you say, come in many subtle shades, but for a general purpose pant, and cheaper than the wool versions, you can't go far wrong with Chinos..Besides they look great with a brown leather jacket....

The shoes are one of those things eh? You could probably find some decent boots sold there though (Norfolk? I'm sure of it if so..) And I know that Todds Costumes makes great ones..Although they may be sold out or too expensive...But they're always worth a look...Their jacket is great too....(And their pants are the ones I know use and own...The best out there bar none..)

The whip sold by them is also worth a look....Not stunning as a whip, but certainly good enough to hang on the belt and look more than decent I think...Todds are definitely the best of the cheaper end of the Indy market....Well worth a look..

Here's the link for them;
http://www.toddscostumes.com/

As for me? Well...I've been doing this a little while now.....And it's taken more money than I have sense left...But I can remember what I started with, and it was never as decent a start as yours!

Now, this is about as far as I've got really....

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z358/fifthchamber/Full%20Gear%202011/IMG_5909.jpg

HENRY JONES JR.
01-08-2013, 04:59 AM

Yeah, I went with trousers that were too brown first time off....The "correct" pants for the four films is hard to describe...The fabric is a wool twill, called "Cavalry Twill", and the colour is like a slightly darker khaki....Chinos, as you say, come in many subtle shades, but for a general purpose pant, and cheaper than the wool versions, you can't go far wrong with Chinos..Besides they look great with a brown leather jacket....

The shoes are one of those things eh? You could probably find some decent boots sold there though (Norfolk? I'm sure of it if so..) And I know that Todds Costumes makes great ones..Although they may be sold out or too expensive...But they're always worth a look...Their jacket is great too....(And their pants are the ones I know use and own...The best out there bar none..)

The whip sold by them is also worth a look....Not stunning as a whip, but certainly good enough to hang on the belt and look more than decent I think...Todds are definitely the best of the cheaper end of the Indy market....Well worth a look..

As for me? Well...I've been doing this a little while now.....And it's taken more money than I have sense left...But I can remember what I started with, and it was never as decent a start as yours!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z358/fifthchamber/Full%20Gear%202011/IMG_5909.jpg

Your Fedora is very nice! Which brand is it?

fifthchamber
01-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Adventurebilt.....

Although I do have a Penman coming up for making sometime late February......That, I suspect, will be the "one" for me...

HENRY JONES JR.
01-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Adventurebilt.....

Although I do have a Penman coming up for making sometime late February......That, I suspect, will be the "one" for me...

Niiiiice!

HENRY JONES JR.
01-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Adventurebilt.....

After looking in depth to the Penman hats......I want one REALLY bad! Problem is, I want the brown, AND the grey Raiders hat. I must have the grey version! (Now I got to find a way to come up with about $600.00) :(

Man, I really want them. Perhaps I could buy one at a time. It's a Loooonog wait time. I know it's worth it, but it's a long wait.

fifthchamber
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Buy one at a time...When you get one, you'll wear it so often that having two would just mean one got left behind more...But one, then save for the next....The problem with John's hats are that they're so stunning that the pinnacle gets set too high for other hats...Which means I can no longer walk around and consider buying a shop hat pretty much..They're all just "dull"...

Still..No bad thing....Save for one, buy one..Wear it while you save for the second..Easy.

HENRY JONES JR.
01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Buy one at a time...When you get one, you'll wear it so often that having two would just mean one got left behind more...But one, then save for the next....The problem with John's hats are that they're so stunning that the pinnacle gets set too high for other hats...Which means I can no longer walk around and consider buying a shop hat pretty much..They're all just "dull"...

Still..No bad thing....Save for one, buy one..Wear it while you save for the second..Easy.

O.K.. Another question. On his website, he says he'll let you know when to pay. Did you have to pay immediately, or after a few weeks, or months? Do you remember how it was for you?

fifthchamber
01-09-2013, 11:55 PM
As a first time customer, you need to pay the sum first off.......When you order is easiest.....As a second time customer John's fine with me paying when he is about to start work on my hat...But for the first time, as a show of good faith you should pay when you order..

John has the pattern listed on his website...It follows that rather precisely.

Louisianna James
01-10-2013, 01:41 AM

Awesome gear and hat, wow since that hat is Marc Kitter made Adventurebilt i bet your hat is lifetime durable cause it made out of beaver, i have two Herbert Johnsons one for prop(never to be worn just only for display) and my usual(the one you see on the photo, meant to be worn at anytime at anyplace, dont care if its beaten up cause that how indy's hat is.) i was planning to get an 8 ft black or tan bullwhip from todds, the shoes and some movie dirt for styling my usual hat, i was also planning to get two christy's adventurer from advintage or movieshop. In Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and New York City, i was trying to find the shoes accurate as the film but nothing shows in any stores so ill get them at Todds if they have, thanks for the info friend, and take care of that hat ;)

fifthchamber
01-10-2013, 01:51 AM
This hat is an Adventurebilt....My next upcoming hat (being made sometime in February this year I hope?) is a John Penman....But this one is one of Steve Delk's.....

As for the Aldens.....They have several shops in New York? You could try anyone of those...Here's a link so you can see where they are...
http://www.aldenshoe.com/store.asp

But they're not cheap....Todds ones are cheaper, but it depends on how much you want the real thing as opposed to looking the same, but not Alden....Either way..They're there for you!!

And yeah, I take care of her, although, in all honesty...She takes care of herself mostly...LOL..Very little I need to do..Cept' clean her off once in a while...

Regards..

McQueen
01-15-2013, 02:05 AM
. In Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and New York City, i was trying to find the shoes accurate as the film but nothing shows in any stores so ill get them at Todds if they have, thanks for the info friend, and take care of that hat ;)

Take 264 from VA Beach to 64 in Norfolk and that will run you up to Richmond. From there, you'll take 95 the rest of the way to D.C. Should take you 3 -3/12 hours. There is an Aldens shop downtown.

Louisianna James
01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
This hat is an Adventurebilt....My next upcoming hat (being made sometime in February this year I hope?) is a John Penman....But this one is one of Steve Delk's.....

As for the Aldens.....They have several shops in New York? You could try anyone of those...Here's a link so you can see where they are...
http://www.aldenshoe.com/store.asp

But they're not cheap....Todds ones are cheaper, but it depends on how much you want the real thing as opposed to looking the same, but not Alden....Either way..They're there for you!!

And yeah, I take care of her, although, in all honesty...She takes care of herself mostly...LOL..Very little I need to do..Cept' clean her off once in a while...

Regards..

Hi friend sorry for the late reply, been busy lately, thanks for the information for the Aldens in NYC, ill try to check those out if i have a chance to visit there in February, and also im deciding whether i get the good genuine but expensive quality from Aldens, or the cheap low quality from Todds along with the bullwhip and the movie dirt to give my raiders hat a more screen accurate look, but for now i think ill just go with the Todds. Thanks friend for the info ;) and post more pics of your adventurebilt, and your upcoming Penman, and the rest of your gear :)

- - - Updated - - -

Take 264 from VA Beach to 64 in Norfolk and that will run you up to Richmond. From there, you'll take 95 the rest of the way to D.C. Should take you 3 -3/12 hours. There is an Aldens shop downtown.

Hi friend, thanks for the info, i will try to use that route you gave me, hopefully all the indy accurate shoes there aren't sold out by the time i get there :D