PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed with todd's website mistake

HENRY JONES JR.
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm unhappy, and disapointed with Todd's website, and am still wondering what happened.

I'm obviously a huge INDIANA JONES fan. I heard about the quality of the Indiana Jones shirts that they offer. I read all I could about the products from all manufacturers and sellers. I decided to buy a shirt from them.

I went on thier website, and saw the shirt. They only had size large available. Perfect, that's the size I wanted. I then took the time to register on the Todd's website, then I placed the order.

I got an email thanking me for Registering on Wed 17.

I got a second email thanking me for my order.

My order confirmation I.D. number was given, ....Your order ID is #3525.

I was charged $59.22.

On Friday the 19th, I got an email saying they were sorry, but the size Large was sold out.

......SOLD OUT??? 1. It was listed as available. 2. I got a confirmation number, and 3., I was charged for it.

How could this happen. People I worked with said, "Can they do that? List something available, the website let's you buy it, they send you a confirmation number to prove that you bought item, charge you, then, tell you it's not available?"

No explanation was given as to why it happened, other that it wasn't available. They gave me the option of refunding my money, or holding it until a new shipment arrives.

The next day, the listing for the shirt on the website was taken down. Didn't I just buy the last remaining one then? I have a confirmation number to prove it.

On Tuesday the 23rd, my money was refunded.

I emailed them thanking them for notifying me, asked for a refund, and to let me know when it was back in stock.

The more I think about it, the more disapointed I am. First impressions mean everything to me. I was a first time customer. That is my first experience with them. No discounts were offered to make up for it either. I have money to spend, and can freely do so anywhere.

As a customer, especially a first time customer, I'm very disapointed.

More than likely, they are nice, very good people, and I was notified, and had my money refunded, but I just don't feel this is right.

Anyone else have website problems in the past?

Hopefully, they can correct this problem with the site.

PLATON
10-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Todd's people behaved perfectly. They notified you of the non-availablity and you got refund immediately.
You can't expect from a seller of so small size to keep his site updated at all times.
If this was e.g. www.gap.com then you would have every right to complain, now that it's not I don't see the point.
OK the shirt was out of stock and you were unable to buy. You can come back later when they will have it again I guess.

HENRY JONES JR.
10-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Todd's people behaved perfectly. They notified you of the non-availablity and you got refund immediately.
You can't expect from a seller of so small size to keep his site updated at all times.
If this was e.g. www.gap.com then you would have every right to complain, now that it's not I don't see the point.
OK the shirt was out of stock and you were unable to buy. You can come back later when they will have it again I guess.

This is true.

I made it clear that my money was refunded, and I was notified. It certainly was unintentional, just a mistake. However, shouldn't a business website (no matter how big or small) be programed to know when they are out of something? How many people before me got confirmation numbers after buying the shirt too?

It's not the end of the world, but I was disapointed enough to chime in about it.

Perhaps this will allow a possible website problem to be solved, so in the future, other customers aren't disapointed.

Gunslinger
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
A website can only do that automatically if you have inventory software for your business and scan the products as they go out or something similar. This is stuff only much larger businesses usually have as it costs $$$. Todd probably relies on manually having to be aware of what they have onhand and update, and they missed it in this case. Sure it's annoying, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

bigrex
11-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Sounds like you're fishing for an unwarranted discount to me. Maybe a very large corporation could take a hit like that. If you want a discount you can well understand that it is human nature that everyone and their dog would also prefer to insist on one as recompense for every little disappointment, significant or inconsequential. That is unreasonable IMHO. Sure you're disappointed and rightly so, hopefully your next experience will be better.

fifthchamber
11-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Yup.....No biggie....

You paid, Todd noticed they'd run out, they told you, and sent your money back...Wait and buy it later when they restock....No worries and nothing lost...

Todd and the "team" aren't more than 3 or 4 people..Expecting them to catch every single item ordered would be a little push....But they're polite, friendly, and easy to talk to...Which means that they're high on my list of decent sellers....They noticed a mistake this time, and let you know as soon as they did....No harm done...

Regards.

crismans
11-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I've had nothing but good dealings with Todd's. I can understand your frustration, but just wait until the item comes back in stock and reorder. I would be very surprised if you're disappointed once you have the object in hand.

HENRY JONES JR.
11-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Sounds like you're fishing for an unwarranted discount to me. Maybe a very large corporation could take a hit like that. If you want a discount you can well understand that it is human nature that everyone and their dog would also prefer to insist on one as recompense for every little disappointment, significant or inconsequential. That is unreasonable IMHO. Sure you're disappointed and rightly so, hopefully your next experience will be better.

I wasn't offered a discount, and I'm not "fishing" for one either. I very correctly, and truthfully explained my situation.

All I'd really like is an answer as to why it happened. That's all. I don't want others to have the same experience. As I stated before, it's no big deal, just a let down. But if there is something that can be done to improve it, so nobody else is disapointed, it will all be worth it.

Oildale Jones
11-06-2012, 01:26 AM
I recommend using their live chat during regular business hours. That way you know for sure that the item is in stock.

fifthchamber
11-06-2012, 04:42 AM
I'd guess the chances of it happening are low.......Todd's doesn't get a million hits a day, so chances are he'd have noticed by the time it was needed....He didn't in your case, but in the years I've seen the forums here, and know about Todds, I've never seen anyone else complain about this...Or indeed, complain about Todds at all...

So I wouldn't worry about it..You were unlucky, they corrected the mistake, nothing left to say....It might happen again? But even twice in a lifetime is relatively "burden-free" for most humans eh?

No worries I'd say.

HENRY JONES JR.
11-06-2012, 04:45 AM
I'd guess the chances of it happening are low.......Todd's doesn't get a million hits a day, so chances are he'd have noticed by the time it was needed....He didn't in your case, but in the years I've seen the forums here, and know about Todds, I've never seen anyone else complain about this...Or indeed, complain about Todds at all...

So I wouldn't worry about it..You were unlucky, they corrected the mistake, nothing left to say....It might happen again? But even twice in a lifetime is relatively "burden-free" for most humans eh?

No worries I'd say.

Yep!