PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Year One

Weston
10-01-2012, 06:39 AM
My "Game of the Year" edition of Arkham City came with a digital copy of "Batman: Year One". I've been a fan of the Frank Miller graphic novel for years, and, as usual, had reservations about seeing something I hold in such high regard remade.

I watched that movie with every frame of the graphic novel memorized playing out in real time, listening for every line of dialogue. There were some abbreviations, but nothing substantial. It really is stunning, just how faithful to the source material they were. That, and Bryan Cranston lending his voice to Lieutenant Gordon. Excellent! Check it out.

Weston

fifthchamber
10-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Totally agreed...

I managed to get a copy of Batman Year One (And have just made Arkham City 100% on all the clues and hints...So I'm happy!) and loved what they've managed to do with the animation of it all..It's still just as solid as it was in print..And that's a stunning achievement...

Recently, they released The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1 too, (Peter Weller/Robocop doing vocals as well..) which, if you've not seen it, is also just brilliantly done...There will be the second part coming next year I believe, but the first one is an hour and a half....I honestly prefer the book, since Miller puts more into it there, but the anime is as perfect as it can get while keeping the story flowing, and I was highly impressed...

By the way, Arkham City = Best damned game EVER.