PDA

View Full Version : FS: RARE 3 Hole Temple of Doom bag

knibs7
07-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Here is a hard to find 3 hole bag as seen in Temple of Doom

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/knibs7/IMG_0138.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/knibs7/IMG_0139.jpg

It has some light writing on the back with someone's initials. The writing is very faded though
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/knibs7/IMG_0140.jpg

$75 shipped CONUS

indydude1
07-24-2012, 11:17 PM
What &75 there's a place where I live that have like 50 of these for 10 bucks! 3 holes and looks just like that just cleaner.

deadseascrolls
07-25-2012, 12:50 AM
What &75 there's a place where I live that have like 50 of these for 10 bucks! 3 holes and looks just like that just cleaner.

Even though I'm not from Missouri, I claim residence on this one ---- SHOW ME! :)

I'd like to see a picture of 1 of the 50 you're talking about. If they are as they say they are, I'd be interested in knowing their contact information.

So take a pic if you could and post it.

Thanks.

knibs7
07-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Well then show pictures because after being in this hobby for 5 years this is only the second one I've ever come across. And another thing, the 2 hole bags still sell for 55-60 bucks, and this is the THREE holed bag so I don't see how you're acting like my asking price is out of left field.

So let us see these "50 bags for 10 bucks"

indydude1
07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Well for a crappy canvas bag it seems high. Im not big on the indy stuff anymore but out of the years ive collected the stuff it really seems to not hold up. I had and Adventurebilt I dont meen to bash Steve but for $600 it was not the best hat my Herbert Johnson held up better than it and it went to Egypt! Ill snap some pics when I go to the store again as I live about 40 miles from it. Also above I meant to say that it wasnt 50 for 10 bucks but 10 bucks apiece sorry for the confusion.

knibs7
07-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I knew you were saying that each bag was $10, but I've still never seen an original Indy bag go for less than $45. Even the repros aren't that cheap

Oildale Jones
07-30-2012, 05:02 PM
*sniff* You smell something?

deadseascrolls
07-30-2012, 10:30 PM
*sniff* You smell something?

I'm starting to.

@Indydude1:

I've been in this hobby for a few years now but feel I'm well enough versed at the gear to be able to properly say the following:

Everything that Knibs is saying is 100% true. I also have never seen an original Indy bag go for less than what he quoted, and even the piece of junk/rotting before your very eyes bags don't go for less than that.

Knibs's price is right in center field. I own one of these rare 3-hole bags and I spent $80-100 (if you want EXACTS, I'll look it up as I think I might have it written down somewhere here) on it. It's a nice bag but it was pricey due to the rarity of it. As like Knibs, I also have seen only 3 others (Knibs's, mine, and another that sold on Ebay awhile back that was in terrible shape). And I've been in this hobby for 3 years.

Crappy canvas bag? You really don't understand the rarity of Indy gear do you? :rolleyes: The price is based on its rarity and authenticity as an original. I bet you if you sold it to a militaria collector, they'd pay that much in a hurry because it's a 3 hole version of the british gas mask bag. The 2 holes are more of a "dime a dozen" factor, but this gets to my next point....

SHOW US THE PLETHORA OF 2 HOLE'D BAGS LIKE THIS! Because in my years of collecting, I have yet to believe that there's that big of a cache of these out there. It's entirely possible, weird crap has popped up before but I'd have to see.

As for your "non-bashing" ??? of Steve - you're entitled to your opinion and I've also seen hats that I personally thought were on par with Steve's work, felt, etc. but the fact remains that while the hat in itself may not be a $600 quality, you paid $600 for an EXPEDITED hat. In otherwords, you paid the extra so you could get it FASTER - not so you could get a better quality hat. Steve priced his hats that way so it made it more worth his time to make some hats quicker --- you want a hat in 6 weeks vs. 5 years, you have to pay a lot more for that SERVICE... NOT Quality. THAT'S why you got a generic AB for $600 - you paid for the expedited service. So don't compare one of Steve's hats as not being worth $600 because they're not from the beginning. It's the SERVICE of getting it made/delivered faster that you paid for.

So get to your store ASAP and SHOW US the pictures of these 2 hole bags and put this skepticism to rest - one way or the other.

Until then... SNIFF SNIFF. 8)

trdaggers
07-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Sent you message on bag. Consider it sold.

Gailen David

deadseascrolls
07-31-2012, 10:17 PM
I just noticed that I had said a couple of times referencing "2 holed" bags when I meant "3 holed". As I can't see a function to edit that, I'm editing it here with an editation note. Otherwise I might look like a jack*@@ that doesn't know what he's talking about! :rolleyes:

indydude1
08-01-2012, 08:17 PM
With Steve I would rather wait 5 years and get the quality hat I paid for. I'm heading down to see the bags next Monday as we are having a bit of a festival where I live. And if you people don't believe me [ADMIN EDIT] as I have no reason to lie to you. Also Deadsea Ive been in this hobby for 5 and I had a good run but after a while you run out of interesting stuff. My only problem with fedoras are that when they are worn in mist or fog or even a light drizzle they seem to loose most of there shape. I understand that the 2 holed original bags are worth $45 easy and that repos are too. They guy that has the bags he just runs an old army surplus store and I just don't think he knows what they are worth. I have one question for you these bags were created in bulk orders and so why wouldn't there be a cache like this out there? I don't have a beef with anybody on this forum but just for everybody to not get along and for everybody to think there special just stupid. And instead of thinking that everybody is lieing to each other just believe somebody once.

Admin edit 08/01/2012 for offensive content.

deadseascrolls
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
And if you people don't believe me [ADMIN EDIT] as I have no reason to lie to you.

I have one question for you these bags were created in bulk orders and so why wouldn't there be a cache like this out there?

I don't have a beef with anybody on this forum but just for everybody to not get along and for everybody to think there special just stupid. And instead of thinking that everybody is lieing to each other just believe somebody once.

And you wonder why you got banned from Indylounge and nearly every other place you've shown up at? Folks, I reference the following thread and please note quotes and responses by Indydude1. I need not say more regarding the first statement above and will let recorded past evidence tell the story: http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forums/threads/1017-Adventurebilt-FS/page2

There very well COULD be a cache out there - I never denied that possibility (read my post :rolleyes:). I'm just saying that people like Knibs and I have, in our years and countless YEARS, NOT HOURS, of research have only seen 3 of these 3 hole bags and NEVER has a cache been discovered or shown to exist. So given the facts as they are, I just find it hard to believe that such a cache has been found. All I've been asking is that you show us some pictures of them --- and you HAVEN'T done that yet! So expect questionability on that merit until you can prove what you are saying. It's not meant to be an offense to you - it's how the Indygear community works. Like they say -
:heat:

NO ONE HERE IS THINKING THEY'RE MORE SPECIAL THAN SOMEONE ELSE!!! :hairguy: We're a community that wants the truth and we ask honest questions that many times come across as highly inquisitive. I never had a problem with you nor do I now. What I do have a problem with is your heated attitude and remarks, and ESPECIALLY your rude and insulting name-calling (see above and other post I referenced) when someone questions you rather than just accepts any random thing as fact. We've all been burned too many times by "trusting" people's words as the truth and if you'll look at many of the threads and posts, you'll see the emotional results of that "trust".

If you want to gain credibility Indydude, you need to lay off the insulting and derogatory remarks and comments. I wouldn't call you anything or say anything that sick and perverted as I've found that those that speak that way will generally ruin themselves by their own doing.

I also choose not to respond to your other comments as, again, your words convey more about yourself and who you truly are than what it's worth to respond. I am not angry at you - I'm just disappointed that you felt that my responses could only be dignified with ugly remarks and name-calling. :(

admin
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
There's not a lot of rules here. However we do have a few. This statement, that is so far the extent of our rules for posting behavior content, is located in a few places on F&G.

"Please remember, Fortune and Glory does not tolerate discussion or the use of language and/or terms that are of a discriminatory and derogatory nature in regards to a person or groups age, gender, sex, ethnicity, creed, race, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, culture, etc. and/or for extreme use of language and offensive, graphic references towards others."

The last sentence applies to what indydude1 posted and that is now marked with an admin edit.

trdaggers
08-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I bought the darn thing so there is really nothing to argue about. I must have thought it was worth $75.

Gailen

indydude1
08-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Sorry bought that and Deadsea I only got banned from Indylounge. I only got banned because I sold the shirt and the guy washed it wrong and it shrunk and he didnt like it and it was just a huge misunderstanding.

I am sorry about everything that was posted I had left my account deal logged in and loaned my laptop to my neighbor (also an Indy fan) he posted everything but this post.

Sorry guys I do not have anything against you all and I just hope we can stay friends.

I called after seeing his post about the bags and to clear it up the guy had the bags for 25$ apiece and has sold all but one. He originally had about 11. He had bought them on special order from a company in London that makes repos of them since they are the British bags.

I usually don't post crap like that above unless I get really angry. And even then I dont get bad enough to block off.
My neighbor is just one of those people that if you logged in or if he gets your phone he will pose as you and make everybody hate you.

So again I'm sorry. I saw he has posted another thread but have not had the time yet to read it.

Deadseascrolls what does that topic when I sold that hat have to do with anything? I thought I was pretty honest and straight forward. If anybody had any doubt it wasn't an AB they could have just emailed Steve I bet he would have recalled me haveing it made and told everything there is to tell about it.

And admin I'm sincerely sorry about that I just got my computer back about half an hour ago and just saw this mess.

The only reason the guy went off about my hat is that when I first got it I bragged like every other person that buys something expensive. And I guess on my clothing he just pays attention to what I wear IDK.

I loaned my computer out for about a day and a half and the last real post that I posted was about my hat made by Nate.

So anything said in the last 2 days please everybody disregard and I will go delete the topic he made. So everybody lets just be on good terms now.

I'm basically pulling my hair out at what he did because this is the only forum I like I left COW because the way everybody acted with rumors and drama.

deadseascrolls
08-02-2012, 01:43 AM
If I remember right from the thread I posted pertaining to your hat (and I'll get to that in a minute), the owner/administrator of Indylounge stated in a thread that should still be around here somewhere (perhaps the Nukin the Fridge section) that you got banned because of your attitude and rude/perverted comments. I'll see if I can dig up that thread here somewhere.

As for "just getting your computer back/other person" statement - the comment you posted that the Admin here deleted with the explicative statement correlate almost exactly to the thread I posted where a comment by you is posted saying almost the same thing about ALL chat forums. So unless you're now denying that was you that said that as well, I'm sorry but I don't buy the "my computer was used by someone else" excuse. The evidence and correlations just don't add up to that being the logical reason.

The reason for posting that thread was absolutely not about your hat at all; it dealt with your comments towards other people that have been posted as part of that thread discussion regarding your hat. I pointed out in my past post that the comments by you, both in that thread and posted from other places to that thread are what should be focused on in relation to the point I was trying to make.

As for the bags - I have to say that it's quite "convenient" that the guy sold all of them but one now. If he has any pictures of the stock he had before he sold them, I would like to still see them as it's hard to substantiate your claim without proof like that.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this all folks.

indydude1
08-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Heres the deal i had seen the bags about 4-6 months ago and he had just gotten the order I didn't think anything of it then. And I can get the person I loaned the computer to to admit everything. This is not worth my time this is the same thing that was going down on COW just it wasn't about me. This is why I left all the forums. I didn't ask you to buy it I was just trying to make it clear I didn't post that stuff. As for the comments on Indylounge that guy that bought the shirt knew it was used and I had measurements and everything and he didn't bother to read and measure. I got so tired of the guy it got to the point were it was like this hobby has become a waste of my time. I didn't make any bad comments In that thread when I sold the hat that I can recall as I just skimmed through it. But its people like you that put me on the edge. I know what the truth is and you don't as far the truth goes the last true thing I posted before I loaned the computer was on the thread Nathaniel's of Colorado. I take full blame for anything that was said before 2 days ago. So if you don't believe me thats fine as I know the truth and you don't you don't live my life. Yes I can get rude and vulgar at times with what I post but the last 2 days weren't me. And I know what he said because I called him up and asked what he said to get it removed. So lets just get over it it's in the past deal with it and lets all just get along. IN my opinion you must have nothing better to do because it looks to me on anything I posted such as the hat thread your right on top of it. So instead of hanging around forums when you should be workin maybe you should get a life. Maybe get out of you mom's basement.

deadseascrolls
08-02-2012, 02:28 AM
IN my opinion you must have nothing better to do because it looks to me on anything I posted such as the hat thread your right on top of it. So instead of hanging around forums when you should be workin maybe you should get a life. Maybe get out of you mom's basement.

Everyone, as I said above, I'll leave the above comment speak for itself. I trust everyone here to use their best judgement regarding all that's been said. As for the thread I mentioned I wanted to try and find, here it is:

http://indylounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=buyorsell&action=display&thread=5329&page=1

Please scroll down 1/2 the page and you will see the truth for why he was banned.

I'm tired of all this as well, so will close with this and let people make their own decisions/judgements as to what is truth or not. :toast:

indydude1
08-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Well you can perfectly see why I got mad but I didn't go to the extreme of above.

deadseascrolls
08-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Well you can perfectly see why I got mad but I didn't go to the extreme of above.

I agree with you on the above. However, you stated that the reason you got banned was because of a shirt sale gone awry when the link I posted above clearly shows that that's not the reason whatsoever. And unless you clearly deny that you said what you said there, you need to at least own up and admit that your statements on why you got banned above are untrue:

" only got banned because I sold the shirt and the guy washed it wrong and it shrunk and he didnt like it and it was just a huge misunderstanding."

Also, I find the following along the lines of a pretty good extreme of anger:

"IN my opinion you must have nothing better to do because it looks to me on anything I posted such as the hat thread your right on top of it. So instead of hanging around forums when you should be workin maybe you should get a life. Maybe get out of you mom's basement. "

There is NOTHING productive that can come out of something with name-calling and insinuating things like the above you've said. Quite frankly it's very insulting, hurtful, and uncalled for and really deserves the rectification of an apology. To me, what you said above is a very low-down, undignified thing to say. At least own up to that as well please.

I want you to know that my discussion isn't meant to smeer or paint you in an unflattering light. I saw discrepencies and comments that were untrue and that needed to be addressed and answers given if available. Enough has been said on the issue, so in agreement with your other post, I agree we should move on. Evidence, facts, etc. have been given enough that people can read, analyze and make their own decisions. I just hope you realize how hurtful undignified responses like those I've referenced can be and how unhelpful they are to anyone's argument or discussion.

So in closing - :toast: