PDA

View Full Version : what indiana jones toy line did you like the most?

indyclone25
08-23-2010, 07:37 PM
i myself liked the new hasbro line , i liked the articulation on many of the figures , sure the fisrt wave was a bit bad but they got better in the last crusade waves and the temple of doom wave was the best , if the line had continued we could have seen many more wonderful figures .but lets see what you think i have added ehat i think is some of the recent lines out, if i missed any forgive me . ;D

djd
08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I quite agree about the ToD wave. I thought the Willy was an outstanding figure. The Sideshow stuff is great but soooo expensive :(

indyclone25
08-23-2010, 08:55 PM
the sideshow line is nice , exspensive, yes! but with the hasbro line they still actual nice things with the series , it's a shame they won't do any more til the next indiana jones movie is released.it would be nice for them to release some figures for the 30 th anniversary of raiders in a gift pack thru a store like toys r us or target.

crismans
08-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Edited because I misread and looked rather foolish doing it! ???

I would say the original line just out of nostalgia purposes. But the Hasbro line was just hitting it's stride when it was pulled. The Temple of Doom figures were far superior to the Raiders figures, for example. If that level of quality had been reached right out of the box, things might have been different.

Canyon
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I voted for the Hasbro figures. ;D

I know that the likeness on the figures wasn't great, but it was so cool to have so many action figures that I hadn't had before. ;)

My second vote would have to be the Lego sets. :)

Zane
09-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Legos are my favorite. Hands down all are great though.

KidHuevos
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM
I picked the Kenner line, simply because that was the one I had full hands-on experience with. ;)

Luisiana Jones
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Although i loved the hasbro line, i gotta say the Sideshow collection is just awesome, amazing, incredible, dont have any suitable adjectives for it. A bit expensive tho, for my taste.

Regards,

LJ

fenris
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
No Hot Toys? Or should HT be under sideshow?

I love my Hot Toys Indy! Expensive? Yes. Worth it? YES!

djd
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
I've always been rather disappointed by the Indy toys available - and I wouldn't even categorise the likes of Sideshow and HotToys as toys... The only I have really liked is the hasbro German truck. That's something I would have played with as a kid if they'd been about

indyclone25
05-31-2012, 08:38 PM
i did enjoy the 81 toys from kenner , it was a fun series , but as a kid of 15-16 for me playing with them was something i wasn't going to do at the time , lucky i had a younger brother who was 5 years younger that at least i could play indoors with. ahhhh if i only had a time machine and go back to that toy store in blue island , Il. i would buy evry indiana jones toy thye had and kept most of them in the packages. i would have no lunch money then, back then , but i would be making a nice penny now ? hmmmm? who know's, ten dollars from a vendor on the street? ;D

djd
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't remember ever seeing the Kenner toys in the uk. I would have been too old for them but I just don't recall them. The Lego stuff I just don't get at all. I just don't see the point of it. It's very expensive for what it is too.

Junior
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
No Hot Toys? Or should HT be under sideshow?

I love my Hot Toys Indy! Expensive? Yes. Worth it? YES!

While the Hot Toys Indy fell short on the likeness the gear and accessories were outstanding. Bought the loose HT stuff on Ebay to upgrade my 2 loose Sideshow Indys. They look much better. I now have an adventurer Indy and an Tanis digs Indy. Working on doing a German disquise Indy. ;)

fenris
06-01-2012, 08:14 AM
I really like the HT Indy's accessories. Very detailed. Although the belt and bag strap are a little on the flimsy side. But those guns are waaayyyy cool! I love how every part of the gun is "moveable"... you can cock the hammer, open up the revolver, remove the magazine on the 2nd gun and move the slide.

Here's my idol grab Indy:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/Indiana%20Jones/HT%20Indy/HT_Indy24.jpg

I just had to use the arab disguise so I purchased a Hot Toys TTM19 body for that. Tried to resculpt the head that came with the body but failed to make it look like Harrison. Instead of using my crappy custom head, I used a hatless Indy Sideshow head I found at a local toy store. Used the pants, bag and shoes from my Hasbro whip-action Indy to finish the figure.

So, here's my Sideshow/Hot Toys/Hasbro hybrid Map Room Indy:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/Indiana%20Jones/HT%20Indy/WOS_Indy01.jpg

I'm thinking of purchasing another backdrop to balance out my display. If you'll notice, my display isn't balanced. Yeah, I know I should put 'em in glass cabinets, but I sort of "play" with them sometimes... changing poses whenever I get bored.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/Indiana%20Jones/Prop%20Replicas/TV_Display.jpg

indymassilia
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Great collection and display base Fenris,Congratulations :goodjob:

Tibor
06-03-2012, 04:11 AM
I liked the 'ol Galoob Micro Machine Indy stuff a lot. Really wish their playset plans (rolling bolder, etc.) had made it to production.

fenris
06-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I never saw any Kenner toys here in the Philippines during the release of the movies. The star wars toys, however, were everywhere.

kiltie
06-14-2012, 04:45 AM
I picked the Hasbro line in the poll, but I've really goFTP soft spot for the first Kenner line up. Probably mostly because of my remembrances of scoring the old Kenner Star Wars men at Winns back in the day ( anybody else remember when they cost a dollar and forty-nine cents? ). But really, I didn't get my first IJ guys until the VHS was out, and they were on clearance. By that time most would prolly say a was too old for toys, but I'll tell you: I was action figuring it up til I was about 14 years old.
From the Kenener line, I only had Indy, which I used with my Fisher Price Adventure People and my Joes, and my brother had Sallah and the Swordsman who, of course, ended up in his underwear within two weeks.