PDA

View Full Version : Tequila!

Zane
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Shots & Margaritas anyone? Well I must say I love a good whiskey but I'm a Tequila guy myself. I prefer my margarita with Tequila Cazadores on the rocks with a little extra salt.*Or just a shot! (No training wheels please)

kiltie
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
If you take a peek at my gin thread, you'll see I've been messing around with substituting tequila for gin in a few drinks. I've had a bottle for many a moon, but have never really developed an appreciation. Tequila tends to be that, "Hey everybody! Shots?!?" kind of thing - I'll have it if it's there and everyone else is having it. -OR- whenever there's roving Jose Cuervo girls with gimmes... I'll drink the *explitive* outta that.
At any rate, I think I finally struck gold with a little drink we're calling PISO MOJADO, after the ever present bilingual WET FLOOR sign. I need to fine tune it and do a little more sampling with an impartial crowd ( so far it's only been me and the drinking buddy ), but I'll post the recipe in the TEQUILA! thread as soon as it's down pat.

Salute

neutronbomb
07-30-2012, 01:54 AM
NOW..we're talking my language. Straight up shots of the fine stuff for sipping. Anejo. None of that lick it, slam it, bite it Quevero stuff that gave me my second worst hangover ever. No..no..no siree bob.

After 25 years of hard core exploration. El Tesoro Paradiso.

Trust me on that.

kiltie
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Okay, you're last post suggests I may be out of line here, but try this, NB -

2 tequila
1 lime
3/4 honey
1/8 creme de violet ( that sh*t is hard to find - maybe substitute rosewater or light flavoring of your choice )
muddled fresh jalepeno

shake well with ice and serve neat

neutronbomb
09-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Ok I'll try. But are you kidding me with the jalapeƱo. Man. Sounds like a kick to the face.

kiltie
09-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a kick to the face.

It's the right thing to do. Just don't make a mistake I did:
I mixed a pitcher for a party recently. I figured six of them would be a good start, and I mixed the pitcher at four pm for an eight pm step-off. By eight, the jalapenos had really started to do their thing; Holy Moly!
They are definitely meant to be made fresh and consumed shortly thereafter. Good stuff, though.