PDA

View Full Version : Original Indy jacket on display

PLATON
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.vessillologia.it/Fed/B1.jpg

don't know any info

IfAdventureHasAName
06-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Interesting jacket. Has spring snaps, or "nipple snaps", on the storm flap as with a "Last Crusade" jacket. The "Crystal Skull" jacket used post snaps. Wested Leather used to use the spring snaps on their jackets but, now use post snaps. The pocket looks shaped like a U.S. Wings jacket. But, the jacket appears to have a left hand, or European styled, pull which U.S. Wings jackets do not have. IMHO, the leather appears to be a lighter weight leather.

deadseascrolls
06-15-2012, 06:07 PM
What throws me off are the pocket flaps. The one place that I've seen pocket flaps like that are on US Wings jackets, yet I am quite certain it is not a US Wings. I looked up some pics on the Belstaff Indy jacket and, lo and behold, they tend to have the same pocket flap design (here's the pic I used to compare: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/usmarket/item/10003221/).

Belstaff? I'm not an expert on jackets so this an amateur hypothesis on my part. Other than that, I'd say there's a company out there making an Indy jacket we may not know of? (can that REALLY BE?! ???)

Where did you get the pic from PLATON? Is it a local shop in your area?

kiltie
06-15-2012, 06:16 PM
99% sure it's the Belstaff jacket. While I don't have the sharpest eye for details, there is a similar picture in google images of Belstaff's storefront. What tipped me off was not the jacket itself, but rather the bag strap.

Returningson
06-15-2012, 06:25 PM
belstaff...

deadseascrolls
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
99% sure it's the Belstaff jacket. While I don't have the sharpest eye for details, there is a similar picture in google images of Belstaff's storefront. What tipped me off was not the jacket itself, but rather the bag strap.

See, I thought I remembered that picture as well from somewhere. Not sure if it was over at COW or here.

ReturningSon - your post... is that your opinion or are you asking a question? Just wondering is all as if it was a question, I'd be happy to fill you in on the jacket and label. :) Cheers! :toast:

St. Dumas
06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
That's Bellstaff, alright. It's from the store in Rome. Type in "Belstaff flagship store, Rome" in Google Earth, go into Street View and take a look at the building directly across the street from the Belstaff storefront. It's the exact same windows, tiled arch and window graphic that you see in the reflection of the photo Platon posted. Pretty cool.

kiltie
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Pretty cool.

Pretty effing creepy, too.
"Hey! I can see my house from here..."