PDA

View Full Version : Last Crusade jacket by Bill Kelso

PLATON
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
At BK they work hard to develop the Last Crusade jacket. Again, if cannot make it to be the best, they don't bother at all, and I believe they can. I helped them with the research part. The preparations stage is almost over and hopefully the jacket will be available in about 4/6 weeks.

Any meaningful input will be seriously considered.

IfAdventureHasAName
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
So looking forward to seeing this offering. I have the utmost confidence that Bill Kelso MFG will provide a high quality replication of the "Last Crusade" jacket.

Leamas
06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
:agree: Looking forward to seeing this one, too. Between this and Logan's Closet it looks like I'll be able to pick up a dead on LC finally. (I know TNO made a nice one, but I don't have a grand to drop on a jacket.)

crismans
06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
I didn't know that Dan was making an LC (we need him to give the specifics here or did he and I just missed it?). The LC is one of my faves and selling my Nowak is one of my biggest jacket regrets. Glad to know that there will be two good offerings coming out.

IfAdventureHasAName
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
"TheMan" made the announcement of Logan's Closet producing a "Last Crusade" jacket on another board. Apparently, the Logan's Closet "Last Crusade" jacket is being patterned right now and is looking for a fall release. It will be Vanson produced using a thin cowhide and it will be "hero" distressed. Also, from what I heard, "TheMan" actually matched up information he received about the Smithsonian Jacket as to where the Smithsonian jacket was actually used in the film. Don't mean to "announce" the project on behalf of "The Man" and/or "Logan's Closet" and I apologize to the "TheMan" for doing so but....

Hence my post about some vendors listed here on "Fortune and Glory" not providing announcments or updates here.

Didn't mean to take this "off topic".

Getting back to Bill Kelso MFG company's "Last Crusade" jacket, would like to see the jacket in a thicker lambskin leather, which I believe the movie jackets were made, goatskin, and/or in a VERY thin cowhide. As for distressing, would like to see both an undistressed version and a "hero" distressed version.

Leamas
06-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I second the above sentiment vis-a-vis offering a distressed and undistressed jacket. I'd rather wear it and let it break in/distress naturally, although a properly distressed LC jacket does look great. A predistressed hide where the hide looks worn but isn't sanded down and scratched up would be a good way to go, too.

Oh, and to clear things up some. TheMan mentioned he was working on a LC quite a ways back. I recently brought it up in a thread about a LC jacket b/c I remembered that he was working on one and wanted to alert the other members to that fact as I think it had been forgotten. TheMan then chimed in and confirmed that he has one in the works and is looking for a fall release. To the best of my knowledge TheMan didn't make any official announcements on COW - like starting a thread. Rather he posted in the thread since I brought it up. (Rick Deckard on COW).

IfAdventureHasAName
06-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Just to clarify as "Leamas" mentioned, "TheMan" didn't create a specific thread announcing the "Logan's Closet" production of a "Last Crusade" jacket. It was actually posted in existing threads about other jacket related items. My apologies to all if it "sounded like" otherwise.

Thank you "Leamas" for clarifying that. Much appreciated.

Kazim
06-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Agreed, would rather see a non distressed version LC. The distressing on the LC hero is completely unrealistic, no jacket would wear like that.

deadseascrolls
06-15-2012, 12:39 AM
I am SOOO PLEASED to hear that there will be a couple of excellent options available for a highly screen-accurate LC jacket. That jacket is what made me fall in love with Indiana Jones - I LOVED the distressing on it! It actually "looked" like a good, hearty adventurers jacket. I was sad when I learned that the concensus was that the jacket was made out of LAMBSKIN and NOT cowhide. :wtf: :'( I own a lambskin jacket and I've always felt a leather jacket should be made of cowhide - especially Indy's. Needless to say, I think inferior thoughts about lambskin and am a big cowhide fan.

To both vendors - I'd love to see both options available (distressed/non-distressed) but especially a distressed version as I am in desperate need of an LC jacket for my wardrobe collection for LC and am not savvy at all at personally artificially distressing things so having something done already that screams SA that I can take out of the package, prop up on a mannequin and say "Whallah!" and be officially done with that piece is what I'm after.

And given that I don't have the funds right now for a Kelso Relic Hunter but REALLY, REALLY want one to complete that quest just reaffirms that Kelso's reputation just keeps rising and rising. Bill Kelso Mfg ---- if you do an LC jacket, I have little doubt it will be the most accurate thing second to the original.

Looking forward to the updates gents!

Raskolnikov
10-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Any updates on this jacket?

PLATON
10-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I understand got delayed due other priorities got in the way. Hear it should be out around Xmas or early next year.

IfAdventureHasAName
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the updated information, "Platon". Much appreciated. :goodjob:

I contacted Bill Kelso Manufacturing about the status of both the company's "Temple of Doom" jacket and "Last Crusade" jacket earlier this week with no response as of yet.

Lately, the company's response time by way of email has been "hit or miss" whereas earlier in the year, the I would receive a response by the next day.

PLATON
11-23-2012, 12:21 PM
have you receives a reply yet?
maybe your message was not delivered or missed

IfAdventureHasAName
11-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Greetings "Platon",
Though it took longer than usual, I received a reply concerning my inquiry. Thank you for your assistance.

crismans
08-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Old thread resurrection but I was wondering if this was still in the works. I'm beginning to really "jones" for a LC.

xmasters
01-11-2017, 06:24 PM
I guess it didn't happen, on a related note I heard through the grapevine that wested have decided *not* to release a Hero version of the Last Crusade jacket, after teasing it just over a year ago. I can only imagine they felt the demand wasn't there. Most of their business must be for the Raiders/Hero.

PLATON
04-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Sorry for the lateness of this advice, but BK said that after completing research on the LC jacket they are ready to make a super accurate version.
They will make it a crowd funded project and need 12 jackets to begin.

Any BK's rep said:

As many of you are already aware we have been keen to offer a screen accurate version of the Last Crusade jacket.

Now, we would like to let you know, that some time ago we have been able to get detailed measurements and full info from a film used Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade jacket. During the last moths we have also been able to source all the required materials and parts that were used in the original jacket down to the last detail.

We have further been able to examine a second film used jacket from which we matched the color of the leather against our color card and we wouldn’t have it any other way as you know how hardcore we are about screen accuracy.

We still continue to receive enquiries from people who are interested in owing our version of the LC jacket, so please be informed that the only thing that separates us now from the release of the LC jacket is the production of the custom leathers.

Like you, we love the Indy franchise and it will be a pleasure for us to offer this jacket to fans, but since we are overwhelmed by work on other stuff e.g. bulk sales to shops, for which demand is a known to us factor, we must admit that we are not comfortable about adding one more leather to our roster without having a potential sales indicator.

For this reason, we thought that the best way, fastest for you, and safest for us, will be to make a small run of crowdfunded jackets first to see how it goes.

We ask you to back us on a minimum of 12 jackets. What are you required to do? Register your interest in this thread and by email to us (send email with subject “LC jacket”). Once the 12 customers have lined up you will be required to pay so we can order the leathers and make the jackets. If e.g. one of the 12 persons does not pay then we will ask the 13th and so on. So, the first 12 who pay will receive jackets. If the minimum number of 12 cannot be reached within the time allowed then the project will be canceled.

Nominal price for the jacket will be GBP 500 but once the 12 persons have been enrolled we will be able to offer a discount to be calculated later but always before you are required to pay. The discount will be available only for the first run of jackets. Shipping cost should be paid separately just prior to shipping.

Deadline for getting registered is the 15th of July 2017. This way we will be able to order the leathers in July so to have them in September (as tanneries are closed in August). Of course, if the 12 candidates gather up much faster, the whole process will be expedited. FYI the tannery will need about 5-6 weeks to prepare the leathers.

So, who likes to go first?

Understand 5-6 places are left.

neutronbomb
04-19-2017, 01:42 AM
I'm in. What is the current email that we should be using? Also, can you give us information on which two film jackets were used for this project.

PLATON
04-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Thanks, you got to contact them directly at sales@billkelsomfg.com
They will reply all questions in private.

neutronbomb
04-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Will do. Hopefully crismans will see this. I know the LC has been at the top of his list for a long time.

PLATON
10-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Hi guys,
Bill Kelso just released the LC jacket together with the KOTCS jacket.
Both look nice.