PDA

View Full Version : HUGE SALE

nowakjackets
06-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi all,

For all of those interested, we're having a gigantic sale in El Segundo, California. Tony Nowak Originals will be selling off two decades worth of jackets. Prices ranging from $50.00 and up. Cloth, denin, leather, Planet Hollywood, World Gym, Arnold Classic, the list goes on and on. I will also be selling other shop equipment such as racks, leather remnants, tools, linings, trim, etc.

This will take place in El Segundo (LA area), California, Friday, June 22 - June 24. Times are: Friday 10-4pm, Saturday 10-4pm, & Sunday 12-2pm. Come by, say hi, buy something. We'll post up the address the day before. Cash, credit cards, or paypal.

Best regards,

Riley Barrie
nowakjackets@gmail.com

PS. I have changed my handle and email address. There is a lot on my plate right now and I'm not yet ready for custom orders. Looking forward to taking them soon. THANK YOU ! ! !

TheExit148
06-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Boy I wish I could get out to Cali for this. Would be great to get down there, see the history of TN Jackets. Some people are in for a real treat.

K-Wad
06-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I just may have to swing by and check it out.

Oildale Jones
06-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Me, too.

Raider7
06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Anything going up on Ebay? Bit far for some of us :(

crismans
06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I wish I was nearby. I would definitely swing by!

neutronbomb
06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
My understanding is that after the three day sale Riley is planning to ebay the rest of the stuff over time. Also, please note that the dates have been pushed back from my previous post in the other thread to what's listed here.

Anything going up on Ebay? Bit far for some of us :(

Returningson
06-14-2012, 12:29 AM
ill be there... ;D

bendingoak
06-14-2012, 06:39 AM
ill be there... ;D

Are you going to the shop?

Returningson
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
well, wherever they happen to have it but i assume its at the shop. Just wanna revisit El Segundo and meet Riley. i plan to go Friday.

neutronbomb
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Ok. Event is starting tomorrow through Sunday. Location is at Tony's shop. 114 Standard St, El Segundo, CA 90245. I'll be there Sat.

Returningson
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
On my way...

IfAdventureHasAName
06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
To all those members who plan on attending the sale today and this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated if a report, and pictures if possible, could be given on any finds and/or any updated news concerning Tony Nowak Originals. I thank you.

crismans
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
And kiss it for getting to go!

Just kidding!

Returningson
06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok, just got back from the shop. I was the only "customer" there so i had about two hours of 1:1 time with Riley who is such a great guy. Really laid back and dowb to earth just like his old man. The shop really has not changed a bit besides a few machines being absent. There is still the same front office with fan pics and signed snapshots of famous Nowak customers. And there are racks and racks of jackets of every cut, style, shape imaginable. Jackets for kids, capes (yes, capes), additional hides etc. No Indys, surrogates or any famous names (although there are some Mutt style perfecto jackets that were crafted out of the same Mutt leather.)

Most of the jackets are in larger sizes (couple mediums, larges xls and bigger). Hundreds of jackets, most crafted by Tony in so many hides (sone where so beautiful with gorgeous patina). Leather blazers, varistys, cafe racers. Jackets for kids.

Riley is so easy to deal with and is willing to negioate on the prices of everything.

I didnt bring my camera so no pics but take my word for it, if you go down there you will want to buy something. I didnt buy another but came close several times (again most where just a little too big)

Riley is not doing custom orders at the moment. I told him he is gonna get asked a thousand times. Hes trasitioning, downsizing and cant do it right now but he is willing to discuss alterations of jackets purhased in store.

If you can go down, go. Go to see the original factory where the Big Man himself spent his time making these incredible jackets as riley will be out of the space on the 1st of July. All of the original cutters are there as well.

If you guys have any questions, just post and i will do my best. Again, didnt bring my camera but there is so many jackets i think it would be futile to do so.

K-Wad
06-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Thinking of going tommorow.
Anyone else?

neutronbomb
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Yep. Definitely go. 10 to 12 if you can. I'll be there for sure during that time frame. I heard through the grapevine RS will be there again too so it will be fun to meet up. Bring some gear and we can compare.

Oildale Jones
06-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I was under the impression there would be a huge crowd like the Western Stage Props sale. Of course, I expect everything in LA to involve a huge crowd and a long wait.

I work until 3am but I'll see if I can make it. What's the high sign?

K-Wad
06-23-2012, 04:27 AM
NB,
That's about the time I was planning on going, so I'll see you guys there.
I'll let you nit pick my Wested Hero. :D

What's the high sign?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Buster_Keaton_The_High_Sign_1921.png/758px-Buster_Keaton_The_High_Sign_1921.png

Oildale Jones
06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I always liked this one.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmect0Ry6q1qedb29o1_500.gif

neutronbomb
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I got to meet k-wad and oildale jones at the shop on Saturday. Had a blast. Missed returning son as he was there Friday.

Oildale scored with Tony's personal vintage goat jacket. But I scored too. My haul of Tony's personal jackets included: 3 3/4 length jackets, the 613 SL first batch Raiders, orange screen print Raiders, and his CS jacket.

Tony's old sewer Luis was able to alter and in a couple of instances take completely apart, recut, and put back together. All for perfect fits all the way around. Can't even tell they were ever redone. Also had my vintage goat Raiders completed resized down as I have lost a bunch of weight. It came out so perfect I almost cried. 613 is amazing. Been molding it over the last few days as it was basically like brand new. I have to say. That's a prize. Perfect fit. Perfect.

Is that a cool day or what?

TheExit148
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I got to meet k-wad and oildale jones at the shop on Saturday. Had a blast. Missed returning son as he was there Friday.

Oildale scored with Tony's personal vintage goat jacket. But I scored too. My haul of Tony's personal jackets included: 3 3/4 length jackets, the 613 SL first batch Raiders, orange screen print Raiders, and his CS jacket.

Tony's old sewer Luis was able to alter and in a couple of instances take completely apart, recut, and put back together. All for perfect fits all the way around. Can't even tell they were ever redone. Also had my vintage goat Raiders completed resized down as I have lost a bunch of weight. It came out so perfect I almost cried. 613 is amazing. Been molding it over the last few days as it was basically like brand new. I have to say. That's a prize. Perfect fit. Perfect.

Is that a cool day or what?
:pics: Lets see these puppies! Is Riley and team accepting resizes right now? I want to potentially get my Raiders and Surrogates sleeves taken in a bit.

Topper
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
He Bryan really great to read that a few of Tonys jacket has found a new owner who's really appreciate it.
I know you've been very close to Tony. Must be really awesome for you :hail:
Wear it with proud Mate!

Gunslinger
06-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah man, once youve got time, I'd love to see you in those jackets.

neutronbomb
06-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Thank you Topper. I'm so stoked.

I'll maybe be able to get some pics up later today.

I don't know if Riley can do alterations right now. Send an email to his new email address and ask him. I know he brought the sewer in for the sale to do these changes on site for the event sale, but they're out of there at the end of the month so I think it may be doubtful with the timing and all if they're able to take the work right now.

Oildale Jones
06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
“Score” is right. I am now the proud owner of Tony’s 022/888 vintage goatskin Raiders, which I picked up from the shop yesterday afternoon. Per neutronbomb’s direction, Luis snugged up the chest for me. I never expected to own a Nowak, but fate and Riley (and possibly Tony himself) smiled on me. I will post photos and a longer narrative as soon as I am able.

It was great to meet neutronbomb and K-Wad at the shop, and a real pleasure to meet Riley and Luis. Thank you, gentlemen!

K-Wad
06-27-2012, 02:44 AM
It was nice to get to meet NB, Oildale and Riley. I had a great time with the three of them and got to see some seriously cool stuff.
I absolutely fell in love with that Green Lantern jacket.

You two scored!
NB had such a large pile of jackets by the end of the day that he had to make two trips to get them out to the truck. Seriously, I think a couple of them didn't even fit him! :D

I didn't go home empty handed either.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/mypetelvis/DSCF2119.jpg

It's a copy of an old European motorcycle jacket. (I actually found the vintage jacket that Tony copied on another rack.) It's made of a tough dense cowhide, but, it is somewhat soft. Also, the leather is bright yellow under the black topcoat!

I also got Luis to cut down the comically long straps on my Wested Hero as they have been bugging the shit out of me since I got the thing. I got a chuckle when Riley tried on my jacket and said "Hey! They almost got it right." :D

deadseascrolls
06-27-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm curious to know what you guys paid for your jackets - especially any CS jackets. Did you get really good deals on them or did they cost about what the Nowaks nowadays are going for?

K-Wad
06-27-2012, 02:53 AM
The only CS I remember seeing (besides Tony's) was the one Oildale bought. However, I don't think any of us would fit in it.
I think it was about a 4 or 5T. :D

Kt Templar
06-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I always find 'sewer' so uncomfortable a word.

How about we try to get seamster/seamstress or machinist back into the vocabulary. :)

Indiana Bugs
06-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Yep. Definitely go. 10 to 12 if you can. I'll be there for sure during that time frame. I heard through the grapevine RS will be there again too so it will be fun to meet up. Bring some gear and we can compare.

I would love to come to this type of get together with my jacket.

I bought it off ebay a couple of years ago. It has no labels. The seller says it was custom made for the movie (blahblahblah). I know that when I look at it it definitely looks handmade. It is not the best craftsmanship I ever saw, having a number of 'mistakes' in both dimensions, symmetry and design, but it is certainly wearable. It has no labels.

I wish there was a way I could get some info about who made this jacket.

deadseascrolls
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I always find 'sewer' so uncomfortable a word.

How about we try to get seamster/seamstress or machinist back into the vocabulary. :)

I agree.

I have to admit that when I first read that, I thought --- why would they bring a sewer system in for a jacket sale?! That would SO be a turn-off (and quite stinky)! :D THEN, I re-read and it saw it meant "sewer" as in one who sews things. Talk about a word spelled the same but with two entirely different contexts and meanings! :)

deadseascrolls
06-27-2012, 01:35 PM

I would love to come to this type of get together with my jacket.

I bought it off ebay a couple of years ago. It has no labels. The seller says it was custom made for the movie (blahblahblah). I know that when I look at it it definitely looks handmade. It is not the best craftsmanship I ever saw, having a number of 'mistakes' in both dimensions, symmetry and design, but it is certainly wearable. It has no labels.

I wish there was a way I could get some info about who made this jacket.

Bugs,

I'm curious to know who you got the jacket from on Ebay. Could you share that info (or a PM would work just as well if you wish not to float that info around publicly).

Thanks!

Indiana Bugs
06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Bugs,

I'm curious to know who you got the jacket from on Ebay. Could you share that info (or a PM would work just as well if you wish not to float that info around publicly).

Thanks!

dss, Let me look it up on my other computer when I get home. I'll send you a PM if I can find the info and we can go from there.

Oildale Jones
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree about "sewer" as well. I prefer "seamster," as clunky as it sounds to my ear.