PDA

View Full Version : Vaping - No more cigarettes

fenris
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Aside from K-wad, who else has quit smoking and made the switch to e-cigarettes?

I've been "vaping" for 10 months now. And now I find the taste and smell of cigarette smoke really bad. I never realized how bad they smelled until I really quit.

Here's a pic of me "vaping"...
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/vaping/th_marko_vaping02.jpg

So far this is what I'm using... An Indulgence V3. Also dubbed as the "Indy V3" in the vaping communities. What a coincidence, right?
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/kac_fenris/vaping/marko_vaping03.jpg

I'm more into coffee flavored juices. I'm just happy that over here in the Philippines, it's so easy to buy atomizers, batteries and juices as most malls have e-cigarette kiosks.

Unlike over in other countries, where vaping is supposed to be cheaper in the long run, here it is more expensive than smoking cigarettes. Over here, you could buy a pack of cigarettes for less than a dollar while e-juice here costs around $6 - $7.

Anyway, I'm happy that I had quit smoking. I can hug my kids without them telling me I reek of cigarettes. Also, my lungs feel much better. Side-effect is the weight gain... I can't control my eating! Hahaha!

K-Wad
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey Fenris,

Vapin' the V3? How do you like it? My brothers friend let me try his once and it hit really nice.
I'm still using the standard e-cig style batteries, just not the cheap ones you get at the mall.
I get all my stuff online through Vapor 4 Life (http://www.vapor4life.com/)

The price was a big factor for me as here in California cigarettes are about $5+ a pack and you can't smoke them anywhere without either getting a ticket or looks of scorn from the soccer moms. Both me and the wife quit together and the yearly savings is amazing!

Now that I switched to the vapor, I can run up a flight of stairs, afford more gear, and (this is the best part) I can "smoke" in the office.
Seriously, I'm at my desk right now vapin' it up and everyone at work actually thinks it's great!

fenris
06-14-2012, 01:18 PM
The Indy V3 is great. It has lasted me 6months so far. The switch has gotten a little "buggy" over the months, but it still produces nice vapor.

I bought my wife an eGo type e-cig, but She hardly uses it. She still prefers the traditional kind.

I love vaping because the flavors are almost endless! You can get fruit flavors, food flavors,etc... I buy Heaven's Gifts Cappuccino flavor. So far that's been my staple flavor for the past 9 months.

K-Wad
06-16-2012, 12:35 PM
The switches always seem to be the weak-link in every battery I've tried. Both manual and automatic.

The e-Go is another I've been looking into, but, I think it is still a little bulky for my taste.
The batteries I'm using now are slightly thicker than a real cigarette and are about 4" long (without the cart/atomizer), but, they last about 8 to 12 hours a charge, depending on how much I'm huffing on it and the condition of the cart/atomizer.
Although the battery life is great, once I get the cart and drip tip on there, the damn things are over 6" long and a little heavy.
Oh well, It's still better than emphysema or worse yet, the C word.

I haven't tried any of the coffee flavors, but, being a coffee drinker, I'm sure I'd like them.
Usually, I gravitate towards the tobacco flavor, but, unfortunately I have not found one that ACTUALLY tastes like tobacco.
It's funny that they can mix a juice that tastes just like a banana split, but, can't make one convincing tobacco. :wtf:
To compensate, I've been buying several different flavors then trying different mixes of them until I get something I really like.

When it comes to sweet, I go for the pure peppermint flavor. Found one that tastes just like candy canes! Absolutely delicious!

What type of atomizer are you using?
I'm using what they call Cartomizers. It is a disposable unit filled with a polyester batting and a heating element. I've tried the straight atomizer tips, but, they usually end up getting a funky taste that I can't wash out or just burn out altogether.
With the cartomizers, I just throw them away when they get nasty. I can get a cart to last a whole week before it needs to be replaced, so a pack of 5 lasts just over a month.

fenris
06-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Funny, but because I've been using the Indy V3 for so long now, even the eGo type batts feel too small.

I use regular 510 atomizers or sometimes a 306.

RCSignals
01-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Are you both nicotine free now?

fenris
01-12-2015, 02:46 AM
Unfortunately, I'm back to smoking.

After a 9-day trip to Hong Kong a few years back, I suddenly started smoking again. HK is one of the places where they have banned e-cigarettes (well, at the time. dunno about now). Without an e-cig during the trip, the nicotine craving got to a point that I had to buy cigarettes.

Tried to go back to vaping, but technical issues kept me from continuing and got me back to smoking.

Oh, well... :(

RCSignals
01-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Well, I hope you can have success getting yourself off of them It isn't easy if your wife is smoking as well

People often say the e cigarettes get them off cigarettes which is good but the real trick is getting off the nicotine

Give it another try if you can

fenris
01-12-2015, 05:10 AM
Well, I hope you can have success getting yourself off of them It isn't easy if your wife is smoking as well

People often say the e cigarettes get them off cigarettes which is good but the real trick is getting off the nicotine

Give it another try if you can

Well, what successful vapers have done was gradually lower the nicotine on their juices until they comfortably reach 0mg of nicotine. Some have been smoke-free for years.

I was, and kinda still am, a heavy smoker. Just working out some financial issues that left me down and out last 2013 and once I get back up on my feet, I'll probably be able to invest again in e-cigs.