PDA

View Full Version : How it Works

Mayhem
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I hate to come off sounding like a jerk so if there is an answer and I have not seen it, please forgive me. But is it public knowledge of what member owns of this site? Just asking.

Mayhem
06-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I would like to politely ask once again if it is public knowledge who the owner / member is that owns this site? Or should I already be privy to that information?

A simple ME would suffice.

Thanks in advance.

djd
06-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Good to see you mulder.

I don't know but I thought it was Neutronbomb?

Mayhem
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Thank you very much for an honest response djd. If you don't already know I appreciate being told the truth right up front. And I think everyone else would agree.

However, Now I will sound like an arse but I would like to see the owner say 'ME' himself.

Just putting it out there but most people from other sites know me as G-MANN, ain't no secret. G-MANN, MULDER, MAYHEM, SAWYER [LOST]. No more AKAs

admin
06-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Mayhem changed his display name to Mulder for the three posts he made today. We have changed it back and will notify the real Mulder that someone tried to hijack and play off his username.

Fortune and Glory is owned and listed anonymously and run by a team. It has had multiple Admins.

Mayhem
06-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Never mind.

fifthchamber
06-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Whipitgood, which profanities do you mean?

Hollowpond didn't post on the Patterson thread...All his "posts" were made by me at his request here, not on COW, and while yes, there is some swearing in them, it's not excessively rude or over the top for here... In my opinion... Are we talking about the same person? Or do you have Hollow confused with Gater?

Either way, I agreed to post his message because I agree with what he had said and the way he said it... I argued against his leaving COW when he first told me, because he's a decent guy and they need more decent people in my opinion... That might (I hope) have helped him to reverse his choice when asked to come back by the COW guys..But I can't say for sure, since that's his business...

What is all this about Mulder/Mayhem? Not really sure what happened...That WASN'T G-Mann posting about the owner of F&G then?

Regards..

RCSignals
06-05-2012, 03:56 AM
No Fifthchamber. Thst was not mulder posting. It was someone registered as 'Mayhem'. He hasn't posted much but he has pretended to be other people before.

fifthchamber
06-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks RC....

Quite why on earth anyone would care enough to do that is beyond me...But whatever....Nuts.

At least with a name like "Mayhem" you can expect it....LOL

bendingoak
06-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Dear Staff and members of Forture & Glory,

I want to let you know that MAYHEM was an account I had set up over a year ago. I managed to do so by sneaking in under the radar by using my old email address. I had a purpose in mind at the time but never used that account until just recently.

I appologize for doing so. I just want you to know NO ACCOUNT was hacked by anybody. I switched the name to MULDERyesterday in hopes that I might be taken seriously in my posts. Nonetheless I admit it was wrong to do so.I would just hate to see you go down the same road as COW butif you want the owners of the site to remain annonymous that is your business and I should not have pushed the matter.

Once again I am sorry and I appologize to the staff and members here.

Best wishes,
John

PS: Thank you JP for forwarding this for me.

St. Dumas
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
If you wanted to be taken seriously, you should have simply photoshopped yourself with a photo of Steven Spielberg or some random girl.

fenris
06-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm confused.

djd
06-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm confused.

Me too

bendingoak
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Dear Staff and members of Forture & Glory,

I want to let you know that MAYHEM was an account I had set up over a year ago. I managed to do so by sneaking in under the radar by using my old email address. I had a purpose in mind at the time but never used that account until just recently.

I appologize for doing so. I just want you to know NO ACCOUNT was hacked by anybody. I switched the name to MULDERyesterday in hopes that I might be taken seriously in my posts. Nonetheless I admit it was wrong to do so.I would just hate to see you go down the same road as COW butif you want the owners of the site to remain annonymous that is your business and I should not have pushed the matter.

Once again I am sorry and I appologize to the staff and members here.

Best wishes,
John

PS: Thank you JP for forwarding this for me.

I'm sorry everyone for the confusion. I was sent this from John aka gmann/Mulder. He asked me to post this for him.

admin
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Here's where we're moving the content regarding Fortune and Glory and Mayhem's posts.

See Below.

neutronbomb
06-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Here's how it works. The Fortune and Glory Team wanted to hold off until the time was right in explaining a bit about Fortune and Glory. Now's as good as any. It's been through a few phases. In it's inception Fortune and Glory was set up as one owner, who bought the urls and software, along with a group to help get things going and set the overall vision of what we all wanted out of an Indy theme driven forum. We were also all aware of incorrect information regarding the hobby coming from those who run COW with their controlling, corrupt, and stifling environment that needed addressing in a neutral place.

Life events came up and the original owner needed out. Since then, and without going into unnecessary details, various circumstances have occurred over the last few years that have led to me owning the site. In part, because the principles it was founded on will continue to stay in place. The problem is there are perception and interaction difficulties with being a regular member and also being known as the owner. Use of different usernames and other mechanisms could be tried, but deception isn't my thing. Staying anonymous would be another option, but then you're setting yourself up to have to lie if asked and once again we're back to deception.

Basically, here's how fortune and glory works. Maintaining the site's neutrality with freedom of opinion and open discussion while working within some basic parameters, rules, and guidelines is paramount. it's a no fly zone for class system, control, manipulation, telling people what and how to think, threats, time-outs, drops of pearls of wisdom for the sycophants, deception, colluding for freebies from vendors, corruption, status jockeying, whining, crying, lying, power mongering, power tripping, attention craving, agenda dictating, contortions to save face, overbearing, survivor show type jockeying, friend backing, authoritarian rule, protection rackets, mind games.

Fortune and Glory is a team environment. There are also other parties and members involved at various times and in varying capacities that help run and administer the site. I'm also currently acting as Admin, but, it hasn't always been and it likely won't always be the case. Admin is just the impartial handle for whoever has to do the Admins job.

See you on the boards.

kiltie
06-06-2012, 02:14 AM
I...I just don't know what to say. I feel like those 12hrs and 52min ( the amount of time I've been logged on to this site ) of my life were all a lie. I don't even KNOW you anymore, neutronbomb. How can we carry on like none of this happened?
I need...I need some time alone. Some space. I need to think about who I am; what I really want.

Okay. I'm done thinking. Lemme go see if I want to go post somewhere. Stay safe, everybody.
Love,
kiltie

Oildale Jones
06-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Maybe it's just me, but the ownership of the site seems like a non-issue. I don't understand the point of the thread at all. I appreciate knowing the principles behind the forum, but I don't understand the point of the Mayhem posts, or the showcasing of said posts. I feel like everyone got the joke but me.

djd
06-06-2012, 06:38 AM
I think after COW the openness is welcome. Not that it was ever an issue for me as the tone and freedom granted by the site has remained the same throughout. But anyway, thanks Neutronbomb - I think it's a generally helpful announcement

KidHuevos
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
To be honest, it doesn't matter to me if the owner of F&G wished to remain anonymous, as long as the treatment of members here was fair and impartial. :)