PDA

View Full Version : ToD jacket details

PLATON
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Anyone has any idea what type were the pocket snaps on ToD jacket?
Were they the ring type? or the nipple type snap?

thanks

Kt Templar
05-29-2012, 12:22 PM
British silver Newey brand nipple snaps.

djd
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I love it when you talk dirty KT ;)

PLATON
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
and the lining was black cotton?

PLATON
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
British silver Newey brand nipple snaps.

Oh yes, the impossible to find kind.

Kt Templar
05-29-2012, 01:08 PM
DJD: Ha ha ha!

Platon: Brown Nylon, it was all detached on one side.

PLATON
05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
brown? or dark brown?

Kt Templar
05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Cripes I can't give you a pantone colour! Fairly dark IIRC.

:)

PLATON
05-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Fairly dark IIRC.

the impossible to find kind?

Kt Templar
05-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Naturally.

:)

My ToD is nylon, but I'd rather it were cotton TBH.

I am convinced that the LC is a very dark brown satin now too.

PLATON
05-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I am getting tired of looking for the impossible to find

Kevin Anderson
05-29-2012, 02:40 PM
The prototype Wested TOD I have has all correct hardware, I believe.
Yep, 'Newey England' on the press studs, looking at it right now.
Bill Kelso can have it if they want it, the offer still stands.

Kt Templar
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I am getting tired of looking for the impossible to find

No stamina!

PLATON
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
No stamina!

yeah, I really feel like quiting...

PLATON
05-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Just to let you know, Bill Kelso has found the correct buckle for ToD jacket and will soon be able to start taking orders.

http://s15.postimage.org/obv9jgemj/image.jpg

http://s9.postimage.org/krquz6li7/sss.jpg

Always working hardest to satisfy you!

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Nice. If it looks as good as their Raiders, I'm gunna get me one of those. I reckon the cheaper grainy lambskin would be ok for a TOD.
Any idea how long until they'll be up on the website Platon?

PLATON
05-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi,
It will look as good as Raiders, the problem is found the buckles, but didn't get them yet, so any predictions when it will be available are uncertain. The seller of this item seems to be 'dead'. We are still trying.

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
I have two buckles you could use for my jacket at least! :)

Kt Templar
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Remember when 'ACI' tried to assert that Peter had replaced the buckles on the NH... I think he would have used something more easily available! Also take into account going back in time and changing them whilst Noel was alive and in possession of the jacket when other people took pictures of it.....

Can we add that to the growing list of his lies?

And the later instance that they were 'easily found tackshop bridle buckles' too...

PLATON
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I have two buckles you could use for my jacket at least!

Could use those and make you a discount, because it seems that the most impossible to find hardware will definitely demand for a higher price, (needed also to cover my bills at the mental clinic that I will need to go after looking to find all this crazy shit)

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Like I've said, I will glady donate and post the Wested prototype TOD to Bill Kelso for free! Unless anyone has any objections? They can keep it and use it to check whatever details they need.
(Except the side vents. They're not right.)
I don't need proper buckles anyway, as long as the jacket looks good and fits right. The chunky zipper is a must though.

IfAdventureHasAName
05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
"PLATON", just to verify, Bill Kelso MFG will now produce a "Temple of Doom" jacket? If so, very good news to hear. Though this may be a bit premature to ask and sorry for taking this thread a bit off topic but, does Bill Kelso MFG have any plans on a "Last Crusade" jacket?

PLATON
05-31-2012, 02:32 PM
(Except the side vents. They're not right.)

What's wrong with those side vents? I keep hearing that.

"PLATON", just to verify, Bill Kelso MFG will now produce a "Temple of Doom" jacket? If so, very good news to hear. Though this may be a bit premature to ask and sorry for taking this thread a bit off topic but, does Bill Kelso MFG have any plans on a "Last Crusade" jacket?

Yes, Temple of Doom jacket works have started, but there are MANY obstacles.

Last Crusade jacket, there is no plan for that yet....
Only if the fans want...

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 02:40 PM
The vents on the prototype and in the first batch of TOD jackets Wested produced weren't sewn up right. They were made to look more like the Raiders jacket.
It was picked up pretty quickly and subsequent jackets didn't have the same problem. All of Tony Nowak's TOD jackets were made with the proper config, I think.

PLATON
05-31-2012, 02:42 PM
have a photo of the wrong vents?

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
...there's some on COW, I think. I'm not sure if they've ever been posted here.

IfAdventureHasAName
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks "PLATON" for verifying the information on the "TOD" jacket. Much appreciated. Hopefully, Bill Kelso MFG will overcome the obstacles concerning the "TOD" jacket a produce one "kick butt" jacket.

As for the fans wanting a "Last Crusade" jacket, I'm pretty confident many a fan would like an "LC" jacket. Especially without the fans having to provide their own specifications to the jacket manufacturer. No knock on Wested Leather, and this topic has been covered elsewhere, but, just wish Wested would just produce a seperate, specific "LC" jacket.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, looking foward to seeing the Bill Kelso MFG "Temple of Doom" jacket.

The Character
05-31-2012, 02:55 PM
I have to object to this. As the original owner this was passed on as a jacket to be worn. If its being used to copy it pits me in a very difficult position with Peter and i think this is unfair to him and me. It was never intended to be passed on for this purpose or to be passed on as a prototype for other people or makers to copy.

Out of respect i would ask that you do not do this or return the jacket to Peter (at my expense) if it is no longer needed or wanted.

Al (The Character)

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Here we go. Not my pics, btw, but my Wested TOD has the same 'wrong' vent.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s332/KJAndersonCOW/wrongvent.jpg

Should look like this;

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s332/KJAndersonCOW/rightvent.jpg

PLATON
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
oops!

Re-creation of the LC jacket requires something that would be commonly accepted as a 'correct' example/pattern jacket.
I am not aware of any...

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 03:01 PM
I have to object to this. As the original owner this was passed on as a jacket to be worn. If its being used to copy it pits me in a very difficult position with Peter and i think this is unfair to him and me. It was never intended to be passed on for this purpose or to be passed on as a prototype for other people or makers to copy.

Out of respect i would ask that you do not do this or return the jacket to Peter (at my expense) if it is no longer needed or wanted.

Al (The Character)

I understand, but what exactly is the problem with copying this jacket? It wasn't Peter's jacket to begin with after all. He copied it, why couldn't Bill Kelso?
We could ask that after Bill Kelso has examined it, it could be donated to another worthy member here? Would that be ok?

PLATON
05-31-2012, 03:23 PM

Bill Kelso does not mean to disturb anyone and has not accepted this jacket.

Kevin Anderson
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Oh well, it was just a suggestion; might have helped BK make a more accurate TOD. Guess I'll hang onto it then. ;D It is very nice!

RCSignals
06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
DJD: Ha ha ha!

Platon: Brown Nylon, it was all detached on one side.

Just like mine LOL

Kt Templar
06-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Ultimate SA.

:angel:

PLATON
06-01-2012, 09:45 AM
It will be a feature of the BK jacket as well.
If not ultimate SA then why bother at all?

:drink:

joking